Chapter Eleven
157 0 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

    The Queen was mad, furious even. Her beloved kitten had run away, and these useless pests had yet to find them. Alpha stood beside her, acting as a gentle presence to her. Reminding her not to murder veryone in sight. She sat upon a makeshift throne grand, but not nearly as much as the one in her palace. The high priest groveled at her feet begging forgiveness.

“You wish for forgiveness even after what you have done?” She demanded.

“Your most merciful majesty, I beg of you, allow me more time. We have searched restlessly throughout the church, high and low for their grace.”

“Are you suggesting that they could have gotten out, even with all the security I carefully put in place?” The queen asked, spitting out the question.

“Of course not your majesty I simply, I--” Jojin becan to ramble incoherently.

The Queen scoffed, “Love take his hand, perhaps that will teach him not to test my patience.”

“Yes your majesty,” Alpha replied beside her. Bowing to her then stepping forward unshelving a magic blade.

Jojin began to sob, “Thank you for this mercy.” His resentment grew.

The blade rose in the air. It made its descent in a large arch, slicing Jojin’s left hand clean off. Blood began to spray from the wound. Jojin's face became gastly white as he stared in object horror at the wound. No noise rose from his throat as his mouth gaped. Servants began to swarm him as his ears rang. Everything was too much, too loud, too bright. What was happening? His vision began to go dark as he collapsed onto the ground.

Alpha’s severed the high priest's hand with ease. Stepping away from the gory mess as the queen looked on emotionless. He sheathed his sword and returned to his majesty’s side. Standing at attention as she waved servants over to remove the priest from her sight.

“Send out the guard.” She demanded as the room cleared of people, “I want my kitten returned to me.”

“Of course Juniper.” Alpha responded dutifully, bowing.

Juniper chuckled, “Come here love.”

He did so. Juniper grabbed his chin softly, placing a gentle kiss on his lips.

“Find our kitten love.”

“Yes,” Alpha responded before departing.

 

----------

 

Aclina's hands shook as she watched the news. Her glass of wine began to crack. She looked over, noticing it, taking a deep breath she refocused. The royal guard were searching for the chosen. That changed things. From her experience their grace and devotee Aleta would flee. They would dodge offers made by churches around the country. How could she gain their favor? 

She hummed thoughtful tapping her nails on the wooden chair. Thoughts crossed her mind, but none stuck. Her teeth grinned. What to do. Perhaps… That may work. At the least it will gain their favor, but they will be out of the country. They were going to get out one way or another every which way. This one may just lead them back to her. It was a risk. It was the only logical choice she had. She sighed, picking up her phone.

----------

 

Chaos was beginning to grow agitated as they wondered about the void. The other gods were not coming out of hiding. They had searched high, low, and in between everything. The void was quiet. Chaos groaned, returning back to their own part of the void to talk to Echo again. They glanced down to the mortal world quickly picking out their friend sitting at the table eating with the new mortal friend and the person trying to kill them. Chaos blinked, what did they miss?

They zoomed out looking at the whole picture. Nothing too strange going on. Just normal mortal stuff. They returned to their view of Echo.

“What did I miss?” Chaos asked.

“AAA,” Echo screamed.

“Damn how much you sleep recently.”

“Chaos what the fuck? Warning next time!”

“How?! How am I supposed to warn you? I'm in your head!”

“Ugh, unfortunately.”

“Rude.”

“Says the person who dropped me in front of that crazy ass queen.”

“In my defense I didn’t think she was that crazy. Also what happened when I left anyway? Last I saw you were hiding in a fridge.”

“Enzo rescued us.”

“Ah,” Chaos commented, “Why were you in the fridge?”

“The queen’s insane! That’s why.”

“But why the fridge, not like, literally anything else.”

Who’s gonna look for me in a fridge ? It's the perfect hiding spot.”

“Is this why I never found you during the games of hide and seek.”

Echo laughed.

“Unbelievable, this is bullying you know!”

Echo laughed harder. Chaos couldn’t help but feel a little bit better knowing their friend was doing alright. 

“Ok I’m gonna leave you now, stay safe, call me whenever you need. I gave you literally as much mana as I could.”

“Doesn’t make much sense, I don't know how to use it.”

“Just scream at things and it’ll work.”

Oh my time, anime logic. Why hadn't I thought of that yet?!”

Chaos laughed, ending the conversation.

 

----------

 

Echo is still grinning ear to ear when their conversation with Chaos ended.

“Good news?” Aleta asked.

“Not really, just happy to talk to my friend again. We haven’t been away from each other for this long since I arrived in the void.”

“How long were you in void anyway.”

“I can’t really put it into words. It's a whole different world up there.”

Aleta nodded urging Echo to continue.

“Well…” Echo proceeded to go on a long rant of how the void was. Then rambled on and on about the different relationships the gods had. Complaining that the sexual tnesion between tides and protection was insane. 

Aleta and Enzo listened in eagerly, absorbing as much as they could from their rambling friend as they very animitly explained everything they could. Waving their arms in the air to emphasize certain parts.

They finished their rant an hour after they started. Still bouncing with happiness as they turned on the Tv to watch alien shows. Aleta and Enzo were told of how different they were from Echo’s own. The TV lit up and the news appeared on the television. Echo was just about to switch channels when the word flowing from the speaker reached their ears, catching their attention.

“The royal guard has been sent in search of our beloved chosen, and devotee Aleta. After a terrible attack resulting in the kidnapping of the duo and the high priest Jojin’s hand being severed.”

The trio froze. A knock sounded at the door.

14