Chapter Fourteen
164 2 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Jojin sat in the infirmary, the place where his hand had been wrapped tightly. His rage grew as he looked at it. The damned ‘chosen.’ Had Enzo not been a failure none of this would have happened. He had had the perfect plan. It can still be salvaged. He reminded himself as hate filled his brain. 

It would be salvaged. He’d merely have to push his plan back a few years. This was a simple set back. The first step was getting rid of that damned human. He had been notified by one of his spies in Ocisis’s temple that the duo were receiving transportation from them out of the country.

This provided the perfect opportunity to get rid of them. He’d sent one of his men to do the job. Providing them with a nondescript car and instructions on the best way to get rid of the evidence once he was sure they were dead.

It would be done. Jojin smiled a sadistic smile at that. It would be done.

 

----------

 

Echo felt something hit their chest. It reminded them of a paintball. They paid no mind to it, and continued forward. Echo landed on their target, ripping the gun out of his grip. The car swerved all over the place as the two struggled for dominance. Echo slammed on all the buttons on the door figuring one of them would on lockit. Echo felt an arm press against their throat. Andouther hand prying the gun out of their hand.

Their free hand frantically searched for the door handle. They felt it grabbing on to it as the grip on their throat loosened. Enzo had the guy in a choke hold. Echo slammed the door open on the thankfully empty street. Throwing the gun out. The next thing they did was look for the brakes. They slammed on them.

The car came to a skidding stop. Echo opened the door again. 

“Help me throw him out!” They commanded.

Enzo followed their order. Together they managed to shove him out. Echo slammed the door closed, slamming their foot on the opposite pedal they were using to stop. They shot forward. Echo had driven back to their homeworld plenty. This couldn’t be much different. They glanced down at the steering wheel.

“What the fuck are all these button!?” 

Aleta was muttering prayers in the backseat. Enzo climbed into the front. 

“We got a tail.”

Echo glanced through the mirror spotting several nondescript vehicles rapidly approaching. “WElp!” they shouted, “We’re about to figure out if I can drive!”

Aleta’s prayers got louder.

Echo the brakes, flicking the steering wheel to the left. The car proceeded to drift into the street. They let off the throttle to straighten out. Once they had done so they slammed it again. The car screeched forward. Echo barely knew what they were doing, were they on the wrong side of the road? Maybe. The cars following them got closer, Echo could spot the tall tale signs of mana usage by the white lines visible on the outside of the car.

“How do we do that?!” Echo screamed at Enzo.

“Fuck if i know!”

“Fuck it!” Echo screamed really loudly like an anime character powering up. The pedal dug into the floor. White lines appeared around the car. The speed dial broke. The car accelerated.

“Drift, drift, drift, drift!” Chaos chanted.

The street passed in a blur, Echo was 80% sure there were a few cars they passed. They slammed the brakes, flicked the steering wheel, and drifted down a street. Several cars followed not too far behind. Echo pulled the same maneuver this time to the right. They ended up in an empty lot. Echo cursed and began to do donuts around a light pole, the cars chasing them following.

Aleta was tossed around in the back seat. Enzo clinged to the side of the door. Echo ended the spin shooting out to the main road again. Sirens sounded behind them. Echo paid no mind. They drifted once more into a bustier street. More sirens sounded behind them. Enzo looked back. 

“So we lost our tail,” he informed. “But we gained the police!”

Echo continued forward weaving through the cars that didn’t already pull off to the side of the road. 

“How are we not dead!!” Aleta cried in the background.

“Divine intervention!” Echo responded.

Chaos cheered in their head.

“Enzo, which way out of this city!!”

Enzo was screaming.

“Not helpful!”

Chaos was cackling madly.

Echo continued to zoom down the highway with a dozen police cars on their tail.

“One of my life goals has been completed.” Echo cheered.

Echo spotted two cars that look nearly identical to the one they were driving head in the opposite direction. Acting quickly they drifted into the opposite lane slowing down to the speed limit just as the first of the police cars rounded the corner. They speed past them. Echo cackled. 

 

----------

 

Echo pulled off at the next exit parking in a random parking lot. The doors unlocked. Aleta slammed her open throwing up on the ground right outside of it. Enzo followed her lead, opening the door and stumbling out. 

“I’m not that bad of a driver…” Echo muttered under their breath.

“I’m never getting back into that cursed car.” Aleta cried.

“I can’t tell if I’m attracted to this or terrified.” Enzo commented leaning on the hood of the car.

Echo laughed. Opening their own door. “Aleta do you still have your phone?”

Aleta patted her pockets in a slow tired manar. “No it must have dropped.”

“Welp guess we’re leaving in this thing.” Echo said, patting the hood of the car.

Aleta wept.

“Oh no.” Enzo muttered. “In the car, in the car GO GO GO!!!” He shouted, urging them in.

Echo snapped their head up to see what he was seeing. They were able to see a dozen nondescript cars speeding toward them. Aleta picked herself up, tossing herself into the back of the car. Echo wiped the door open jumping in. before they could go anywhere, however, the cars drifted into the parking lot surrounding them.

“Fuck.”

12