Chapter Fifteen
93 1 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

People spilled out of the cars around them. They had odd gun-like things held in their hands.

“No seriously, what the fuck are those things?” Echo asked, pointing at one of them. Their curiosity overpowering their fear that had been greatly deluded by the adrenaline rush they just experienced.

Before anyone was able to answer that question they were each hit with a shot to the head. Enzo and Aleta dropped like a rock. Echo stumbled.

“Ow!” they exclaimed, rubbing their heads. They looked over at their friends to see them unmoving on the ground. Their eyes widened and breath stopped. Dread polled into their stomach. Before they were able to react however several shots hit them. Echo finally dropped, vision fading rapidly. They went limp.

 

----------

 

The people loaded the trio up in three separate vehicles. They took extra precaution and gave Echo and a dose of a non-mana based sedative, they seemed to have a resistance to mana. Their captors placed a blindfold over their eyes and cuffs on their hands and feet. They weren’t mana restrictive cuffs seeing as they had broken out of the last ones. They loaded up the car with two people getting into the front seat and two in the back with Echo between them.

Aleta and Enzo were treated much more carelessly. They both ended up with mana restrictive cuffs, blindfolds, gags and then tossed into the back of the car. The various cars exited the parking lot moving in a practiced formation down the interstate to the palace. Echo snoring loudly into their capture’s ear.

The sun fell and the moon rose by the time they had reached their destination. Echo had been given a second dose of the sedative to keep them under. The cars stopped outside the gates for a moment before the elegant gates slid open allowing entrance. This was where the cars broke off half following the one with Echo and the rest heading in a different direction with Enzo and Aleta.

Alpha meets them at the entrance of the palace. He took Echo from the arms of the person carrying them. He nodded his head as he cradled them to his chest, turning on his heel as the palace servants opened the door for him. His foot falls echoed silently down the long hallways passing dozens of rooms. He walked up a flight of grand stairs and continued on to the north wing. 

He stopped in front of a large arch door guarded by two people. The guards bowed to him, opening the door to allow his entry. He entered being greeted by his mistress, the queen. He walked to her as she sat on the large bed smiling gracefully at him. He set Echo down on the bed next to her.

The queen hummed, gesturing for Alpha to come closer he did so leaning down. She grabbed his chin giving him a quick kiss and praise for his work. He face flushed as he smiled softly. The queen allowed him to rest with her for the night. Not in a sexual sense you degenerates. 

Echo ended up sandwiched between the two sleeping soundly. Juniper had her hand wrapped around her head gently pressing their head into her chest. With her other hand she held Alpha’s. Alpha watched over them protectively. He would do anything to keep them safe. It was his job after all. He didn’t know how to feel about Echo, but if they made Juniper happy, he would go along with it. He allowed himself to drift off into a light sleep.

 

----------

 

Aleta writhed and screamed as she was dumped into a random cell. Behind her she could hear shouting. She sat up, hands still stuck behind her. From her position she was able to spot Enzo getting tossed into the cell, landing next to her. She made her way to him as swiftly as her bonds would allow her. Acting quickly she turned around and used her hands to undo the gag that was still stuck on him. She was lucky enough to have hers taken off.

“Thanks.” Enzo grunted sitting up himself. “Where’s Echo?” He asked looking around.

Aleta shook her head as tears welled up in the corners of her eyes.

“It's alright, it's alright, we will get out of here. It won't take us long.” Enzo reassured

Aleta looked up at him as she heard a click then the sound of cuffs hitting the ground. Her eyes widened, “How?”

“I’m an assassin, remember? I have quite a few tricks up my sleeve.” Enzo chuckled, patting her head.

“Me next.” She demanded turning around.

Enzo smiled before undoing her cuffs. They got the ones on their feet next. Aleta sighed in relief as she stood. She wandered over to the cell door, testing its integrity. Unfortunately for them it was a steel door without a lock on the inside.

“Can’t think of any way we’re gonna be able to get through that.” Aleta commented.

Enzo hummed in thought.

 

----------

 

Echo woke with a pounding headache. They groaned curling into their pillow more. They heard a soft giggle as a hand ran through their hair. Echo began to get a grip, brows furrowing as they were clued in on where they were. Aleta’s room most likely. Echo forced their eyes open, still groggy. This wasn’t Aleta’s room.

Even with their vision obscured by someone’s chest they could tell we were in a place they were not supposed to be. Echo froze, processing. They were in an unknown place with unknown people, betting on the queen. Echo’s mind screamed in alarm as they attempted to jolt out of, presumably, the queen’s arms only to be met with something else, something that was rock solid. Confused, they attempted to look behind them. Swirling their head around to see. Their efforts in vain, seeing as they were not an owl and couldn’t twist their head 180 degrees without breaking their neck..

They focused their attention back on the person before them. Recognizing her as the queen. Echo groaned. The queen laughed. Echo eyes narrowed into a glare as they continued to try and wiggle their way out of the mad woman’s grasp. Breaking out of the queen’s grip. Once free they sit upright on their knees looking down at Alpha and the queen. Echo almost laughed at the thought. They still couldn’t get over that someone named their kid Alpha.

“Did you have a nice rest kitten?” The queen asked.

Echo stared at her. She stared back. How the fuck am i suppose to responed to that?! Echo screams internally. 

“The mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.” FUCK

The queen looked at them confused.

Echo bolted, scrambling up and diving off the bed, as their feet hit the ground they darted across the room and just as they were about to grasp the door handle an arm went around their waist and lifted them up. Echo screamed, kicking their legs in apparent anger thrashing about. A lightbulb went off in their head and they began to channel the anime character they were always meant to be. Screaming even louder, bellowing with all their might, electricity began to rapidly appear around them, only for them to quickly disperse. The queen had invested in a lightning rod. The bolts were quickly grounded.

Echo stared blankly at the rod. “This is bullsh--” they were cut off by being tossed back on the bed. They immediately began to get back up, dodging Alpha and leaping off the bed once more, once again running round the room. This began an extreme game of tag. Echo jumped on top of everything, knocking books, paper, and other things off desk and drawers. Somehow they ended up on the chandelier clinging to it.

“Would you get down from there!” Alpha snapped, done with the situation.

Echo threw a spider at him. It missed by a mile. The queen laughed to herself, picking herself off of the bed.

“I just love that my two darlings are getting along so well.” She hummed sweetly.

“What even is your name?” Echo asked incredulously.

“Juniper kitten.”

“I’m going to commit arson.” Echo muttered to themself. “By the way were the fuck are my friends?”

“They're safe.” Juniper replied. 

Echo threw their shoe at her. Juniper caught it without flinching. 

She laughed to herself, “Well aren't you livly, I was a little nervous seeing as you were drugged, however, you seem to be doing just fine.”

Echo threw their other shoe at her.

The queen seemed amused, “Play nice you two, I have work.” Juniper dismissed exiting the room.

Echo turned their attention back to Alpha. “Who were you again?” 

“Alpha.”

“Oh you're an alpha? Where’s your omega?”

“My what?”

“Your omega, another question, when's your next rut?”

“Rut?” Alpha was even more confused.

Echo proceeded to explain the omegaverse to him, forever traumatizing him.

 

 

Its been like a whole year, the next couple chapters will be around the same quality as the previous chapters, but my writing has improved so you may see a difference in the coming chapters.

9