Chapter Sixteen
72 1 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alpha sat catatonic in a chair with a white board in front of him. On the board information on the omegaverse was displayed across it. 

“And that is the basics of omegaverse, now onto--”

Before Echo could continue, Alpha snapped out of it, “No!” He stood so fast he knocked his chair over. “You're not doing this to me.” He began to inch towards the door.

“We haven’t even gotten into what a knot is.” Echo responded, malice in their eyes.

Alpha slammed the door in their face.

Chaos sounded like they were dying through their link, “I can’t--”

“Gaslight, gatekeep, girlboss.” Echo muttered to themself nodding sagely. They then turned to the window, “Ah yes, my oldest ally.” They were five stories up. “Hey Chaos?”

“Yeah?”

“We’re my friends?”

I don’t know.”

“Welp, plan B.” Echo made their way to the bathroom, fishing through the drawers to find as much as they could for an adequate disguise. “What does any of this do?” They whispered to themself.

Step aside fam, I got this.” Chaos announced. Materializing a bipedal form, vaguely human, but like 8 feet tall and with two extra sets of arms.

“Since when have you been able to do this?!”

The entire time.

“I’m going to end you.”

“Ehehe.” Chaos laughed a little nervously as they picked up a few products “hold still!

Echo huffed doing so. Chaos rubbed something on their face removing the evidence of freckles. Echo grimminced. Chaos paid them no mind as they formed a few things, then set them off to the side.

I’m gonna have to take your earrings off.” 

Echo nodded, “Just don’t lose them.”

Chaos agreed before taking off all the earrings and placing them off to the side. They then went back and added dots onto their face under their eyes similar to Junipers. Next they added some light blush. 

“We need to do something to your hair.” 

“We’re not making it longer.”

“Ok fine! What do we have here…” Chaos rummaged through everything. “Yeah there's nothing. Put a hat over it.”

Echo huffed, but did so. They stood heading to the window. “Now it's window time!” they climbed out, scaling the wall into an empty hallway. “Great time to find the dungeon.”

“Why do you think they're in the dungeon?”

“Where else would they be??”

“At least cause problems before you leave.”

“Of course who do you take me for?” Echo made their way through the palace, walking with confidence. They entered the kitchen. Why not create some mayhem? They debated starting a fire, but decided not to, considering their friends were still inside the palace. Instead they moved everything into random cabinets. Moving on they continued wondering. No one questioned them simply buzzing by as they made their way around. They had made their way down three flights of stairs when Chaos’s presence surrounded them.

I found the dungeons.

Echo discreetly nodded, making it look like they were addressing the nobel passing them. 

Turn left.” Chaos began to give instructions. They ran into their first guard near the entrance to the dungeon as was expected.

“Fuck. How do I get around this!?” Echo whispered.

“You there! What are you doing!”

“Fuuuuuuuck.”

“Fuuuuuuuck.”

I need to go to the dungeons.”

“State your name and reason.”

“Uh my name is…” Echo’s eyes bounced around. “Grey.”

“Grey…”

“Stonewall.”

“Smooth.”

“Right… and why do you need to enter the dungeon.”

“Uh I need to speak with…..” Echo looked around again, “Stonewall, Stonewall… Lily. My cousin.” I’m dead.

“Right, come with me.”

Wait is this working? No. No, they can’t be that stupid. The guard opened the door leading Echo down the stairs. Oh my time they are that stupid.

They stopped in front of the cell.

“Is this where Lily’s being held?” Echo asked, smiling innocently. They were shoved into the cell. They stared at the wall for a moment. “I can’t tell if I’m relieved that they weren’t that stupid, or disappointed.” Echo shrugged, “Task failed successfully.”

“Congratulations! You made it to the dungeon now what.”

“...is the door locked?”

“Oh gee! I wonder.”

Echo tried the door. Didn’t budge.

“Told you.”

“You didn’t tell me shit.” Out of spite Echo tucked the door harder putting their back into it. It burst open. “Hey look at that!” the door swung open.

“Oh what the-- hmm wait, no I get it!”

“Tell.”

“The door was locked with mana.”

“Ha! Nice.” Echo skipped down the halls. They spotted a lone guard turning down the hall. 

“What is your plan?”

“Wing it.” 

“You there! What do you think you're doing?”

“Literally the same line as the other guy.” Echo muttered. “What do you think your doing!” Echo shot back with even more intensity.

The guard’s eyes widened and he stepped back slightly.

“I’ve been here for thirty minutes waiting for you guards to escort me to the prisoners Aleta and Enzo!” Echo continued.

“I apologize, I was not aware of your arrival…” the guard trailed off.

“Lord watershire!”

“Lord watershire. I will take this to my superiors and have them confirm…”

Time to Karen “You dare?! This cannot be delayed any longer! Her majesty, Juniper, has ordered the prisoners to be transfer hours ago! You dare defy her?!”

“Her majesty! Right this way my lord.”

How is this working?!

 

----------

 

Aleta and Enzo were still stuck in the cell. Enzo paced anxiously across the room while Aleta sat to the side attempting to think. They heard the passing of footsteps that they assumed to be the guards. They paid no mind until the door whirled then opened. Their heads spun to the door. It was Echo. Echo in a disguise. The lack of freckles was throwing them off.

Aleta opened her mouth to call out to them. 

Before she could however, Echo announced. “It is I! Lord Watershire! Come to transfer you to another facility by the order of the Queen!”

Aleta and Enzo were cuffed and led out of the cell.

“The transfer car is in the back.” Echo, or lord Watershire announced.

The guards grunted and led them farther through the dungeons. They were nearly out when the guards got an alert.

“The chosen has fled! We must find them quickly.”

Echo froze. “We’re almost there. Do you mind escorting us the rest of the way?”

The guards stopped for a second. “I can go, Phill, join the rest in the search.” the other guard nodded.

They exited the door.

“Hey where is the--”

Echo cut the guard off by pouncing on top of him. “REEEEEEEEEEE” lightning began to generate all around then electrocuting the guard, poor bastard, he just wanted to do his job. Echo stood up off of him, “Oh time I can’t believe that worked.” they looked down at the guard still vibrating, “Hope he doesn’t die."

7