Chapter Twenty One
50 0 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“FUCKING TRY ME MOTHERFUCKER I FUCKING DARE YOU. YOUR MOMS A HOE AND YOUR FATHER NEVER LOVED YOU!” Echo screeched, barreling to the lead guard fist colliding with his helmet as their body smashed into the guard’s.

The guards face shield cracked. As he stumbled back, screaming, “WHAT THE FUCK WHY IS IT FERAL?!?!?!?!?” He screeched back as Echo attempted to liberate his neck from his body using their teeth. “HELP ME!!!”

Several guards were shook from their stupor at their bosses cry for help. Lurching into action to help. Two ran to their boss’s side attempting to pry the biting, feral human from his throat, they lifted their body up and pulled, but Echo had a shocking amount of strength in their jaw, allowing them to stay attach to their screaming target.

“What the fuck is this thing?!” One guard asked fear in his voice.

The sound of a body thumping into the cause the guard to snap her eyes away from Echo for a second, taking in the site of one of his fellow guards groaning on the ground with a person sized dint above him.

“I’m gonna fucking die.” She concluded to herself as she tucked harder on her… captive. “Wow!” She exclaimed in surprise as her target suddenly come unlatched, leaving the two struggling guards off balance. The chosen ripped their arms away from the guards grip and spun around to face them.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA” Her fellow guard screamed in tear as their captive lunged at him smacking his face plate with their foot, cracking it. He crashed to the guard, groaning.

The guard gasped, taking a step back as the feral being before her turn its malice gaze to her. Gulping her hands shock as she raised her gun taking aim.

THUD

The guard's head snapped forward as she was hit from behind, crashing down next to her comard knocked out.

“Aleta!” Echo cheered running up to their friend.

Aleta’s hand shock as her face paled, “Omg I just hit a royal god omgomgomgomg.” She muttered to herself.

Echo glanced at her, pityingly, “Come on we gotta go!” they urged grabbing Aleta’s hand, “Enzo lets go!” they called as they pulled a dazed Aleta off the train, hopping off into the grassy plains the train had stopped near.

Their feet thudded against the ground as grass brushed against their legs, twirling around their legs as they ran, hand tightly grasping Aleta’s, leading her.

“Wait– Enzo!” Aleta called.

Echo glanced over their shoulder, eyes catching on a moving figure behind them in the moonlight. “He’s behind us, don’t worry!” they called back, tugging Aleta’s hand to get her moving faster.

Aleta glanced behind them in unease, her breath ragged as she returned to focus infontt of her as she ran with her friend. Her ears flicking around, the stress of the situation putting her senses on edge.

Shouting sounded from behind them.

The Light of a flashlight lit up the area not far off.

Aleta felt her body thump against the ground, knocking the air out of her. Echo’s body curled next to hers with their arm over their shoulder. Hiding below the tall grass that tickled their face and rubbed against the duo’s legs. Her vision become tunneled as her breath become unsteady. Hers eyes stuck as she fought back tears, sniffling slightly, a small whimper leaving her lips. Her fur stood on edge giving away her fear more than anything else.

Echo’s breath brushed against her face as they lay on the ground together, terrified. The grass behind them crunched and churned, the noise signally people were walking through it, scanning for the three runaways. Aleta placed a hand over her mouth in an attempt to muffled her breath. The lack of warm air brushing up against her periodically signaled to her that Echo had done the same.

“Chaos…” She heard Echo mutter under her breath nearly inseparable. “Chaos!” She called with more urgency, voice still low. “Times dammit, fucking unreliable dumbass little bitch…” Echos cursed beneath her breath.

“Shuttup!” Aleta hissed snapping at Echo.

Echo’s eyes widened at her outburst, before softening, “I’m sorry.” they muttered, guilt lacing their tone.

Guilt flooded Aleta, “I didn’t mean–” The echo of boats moving closer cut her off. Fur puffing up even more she ducked down shaking in fear. Light passed over them. Aleta froze, unable to move, breath hitched as she stopped breathing. Tears flowed down her cheeks. Light passed over them again. Boats crushed tall grass behind them.

“Nothing over here!” A masculine voice called out, the sound of footfalls retreating. Similar calls echos from around them as more people retreated back.

The duo huddled their for another ten minutes before Echo’s arm removed itself from Aleta’s back. Aleta turned her head looking up to see Echo peering out over the tall grass. They dropped back down a moment later.

“Its all clear, we need to move.” They urged grasping Aleta’s arm.

Aleta stood on shaking legs, still slightly crouched, Her head whirled around eyes darting around as her heart pounded faster than a rabbits. Echo’s soft tugging of her arm snapped her focus back in front of her as they moved closer to the treeline ducking behind the thicket.

Hand in hand they moved forwards, walking cautiously as they pushed back bushes of thorns and fallen trees. Feet crushing leaves below their feet as they passed through the woodlands. Adrenaline exited Aleta’s system, leaving her feeling drained and exhausted, stumbling slowly after Echo.

Echo’s soft voice cut through her exhaustion as they stopped near a large tree, “Lets stop here for now, we can keep walking in the morning when we can see, ok?” they suggested, lowering both of them onto the ground to rest.

Aleta nodded, a yawn escaping her as she did so, her eyes dropped as she frowned rubbing them slightly. A sudden breeze causing her to shiver, miserable. Echo moved closer curling around her as she began to lie down, pressing her head against Echo’s chest, falling asleep nearly immediately, soft snores escaping from her lips as her body relaxed curled tightly next to her crush. Echo’s hand brush softly against her ears as they brush her hair, humming a small tune. Lulling her to sleep.

----------

“Where the fuck did they go?” Enzo muttered to himself as he stood, alone, in the middle of a field, “fuck.”

5