Chapter Twenty Two
43 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Echo awoke to the sun glaring down at them, burning their eyes out. Hissing softly to herself they throw an arm over their eyes as the attempted to turn away, only to realize they had someone on top of them. And that they were very uncomfy. Arm moving away from their eyes they grimaced looking over and around seeing thick woodlands all around.

“Ah fuck.” They muttered to themself as they laid back down. “Wait…” They sat back up, “Aleta?”

Aleta blinked yawning as she awoke. “Echo…” She trailed off, groggy. Her eyes traveled up to meet Echo’s gaze. Her face flushed crimson as she squeaked. “Echo!” She exclaimed springing up to her feet as soon as she realized she’d passed out on Echo.

“Hi!” Echo chirped. “Ugh, help me.” They demanded, sticking their arms up in the air lazily.

Aleta bit her lip as she grabbed Echo’s hands, helping pull them to their feet.

“Th-Anks.” They yawned. “Is Enzo around?” they asked as their head twirled around glancing at the woods around them, searching.

“Uh…” her ears twitched, searching for the sounds of Enzo from around them. She caught on soft snores from above. Her brows came together as they raised their eyes up looking high into the trees above them.

Echo followed their gaze, stepping back to get a better look. They caught the sight of a tabby orange tail twitch above them, “Enzo?” They called.

Enzo’s head popped out from the treetops, “Here.” he replied, gazing down at them, yawning.

“What are you doing up the–Ere” Echo asked, getting interrupted by a yawn theirself.

Enzo stared back, “... instinct.”

Echo nodded in acknowledgment, “Aight.”

“How’d you find us?” Aleta questioned.

“I could smell ya.” He lied.

“... the fuck, you been sniffing my hair or some shit?” Echo asked, indigent.

Enzo sputtered, “I- didn’t- I’m not–”

“I’m just fucking with yeah, do I smell bad though?” Echo interrupted.

Enzo cough, covering his face as he ducked back behind the tree limb.

“Damn, that bad.” Echo joked.

Enzo wiped around nearly tumbling out of the tree as he poked his head out again, “That not what I– I’m mean– I’m not–”

Echo laughed softly, “Dang, didn’t know you were so easily flustered! Your always so stoic all the time.”

Enzo flushed, squeaking and ducking back into the relative safety of the branches. Hands covering his face as he groaned.

Aleta grinned at her friends antics, “Shouldn’t we head out soon?” She questioned hiding her smile behind her hand.

Echo nodded in agreement, “Yeah most likely, do any of us know the way?”

Aleta winced, shaking her head.

“Well I believe there’s a town east of here.” Enzo commented, startling duo.

Echo screamed, jumping into the air as they twirled around. “What the fuck Enzo! Don’t do that.” They gasped out hand clutching their chest as they calmed down.

Enzo shrugged, “Sorry.”

Echo rolled their eyes, “Whatever, what direction is east then?”

Enzo froze, “uhh…”

Echo blinked, “You don’t know.”

“Not a clue.”

“Well fuck me.”

Enzo bit his lip, suggestively. Echo throw a branch at his face.

“I’m lost with two dumbasses,” Aleta bemoaned, internally sobbing.

“Hey that two dumbasses and a incompetent god, thank you very much.” Echo corrected.

Hey fuck you bitch I am two helpful.” Chaos refuted.

“Oh yeah, were the fuck have you been?! You know I almost got kidnapped!” Echo snapped back.

Ha! Fuckin loser.”

Echo fummed. “Do you know what direction east is?” they finally asked pinching their nose as they breathed deeply.

The fuck I look like to you a compass?

“Bitch you look like a glutinous black goop.”

Aleta and Enzo followed the conversation to the best of their ability. In other words, they had no clue what was happening, only that Echo had taken a liking to insulting a literal god.

“Uh, hey Echo, how bout we ask nicely if Isis–” Echo stared blankly at the name, “Chaos, to help.”

“The fuck would I ask that incompetent dumba–

Hey fuck you, I’ll have you know I could smite you right now so help me–

“Oh yeah do it you little bit–” Echo found themself cut off by Aleta slamming a hand over their mouth and dragging them closer to her.

Listen,” Aleta stressed, hissing into Echo’s ear, “I am running on stress, anxiety, and four hours of sleep right now, and if you don’t get us to a town by the time the sun reaches its peak, I swear to the fucking gods I will end you myself.

Echo put their hand up nodding rapidly, “Yes ma’am!”

“Now apologize.

Echo grumbled, “Sorry Chaos, I didn’t mean it.”

Hmp.”

Echo’s eye twitch, but a sharp glare from Aleta keep them in line, “I’m sorry I called you names, will you forgive me?” They asked an annoyed look on their face.,

No you hurt my feelings,” Chaos pouted.

This little shit– Echo took a deep breath, “I’m sorry I hurt your feelings, how can I make it up to you?” they asked.

Hmmm,” Chaos pretended to think, “I want those cute little chocolates I keep seeing from those mortal candy stores.”

“How am I suppose to get those to you?!” Echo snapped, stopping their foot.

I don’t know.”

Echo nearly screamed.

“What are you trying to get to Isis– Chaos?” Aleta asked in a level voice.

“Chocolates.” Echo replied, sulking.

“Oh that will be easy!” Aleta exclaimed, clapping happily.

“Really?”

“Yeah, we just have to set up an alter and pray to Chaos, then Chaos can pick them up. I typically sent little knickknacks I find, Chaos has even picked a few of them up. Didn’t know Chaos like chocolates.” Aleta explained.

“That little liar!!” Echo shouted, crossing their arms. “Well there you have it!” Echo addressed Chaos, “Now what east?”

“Huray! East is this way.” Chaos cheered, manifesting a little arrow visible to Chaos putting East, “That should stay until you make it to town, don't forget my chocolates.”

“I won’t,” Echo grumbled, turning to their companies, “East is this way.” they explained pointing in the same direction as the arrow pointed.

Enzo and Aleta nodded.

“Lets head out then,” Aleta commented.

Echo nodded in agreement as they turned and began marching though the thicket and shrubbery that littered the forest floor.

2