Chapter Twenty Four
37 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Enzo fur stood on edge, heart pounding a mile a minute as adrenaline poured through his veins. He scrambled on silent feet for the bathrooms, opening and closing the door as silently as possible. His sensitive ears catching the sound of Echo and Aleta whispering back and forth. He snapped his head to the duo, Echo perched on the counter with Aleta applying makeup to their face. Both stopped mid motion, looking at him.

"Are you alright?" Echo asked in a low voice, eye brows scrunched together in concern.

Aleta lowered her hand as Enzo stalked towards them, grabbing each by the arm. Confused and surprised noises coming from both as he began dragging them into the nearest stall, pushing both up onto the seat.

"Wow wow wow, hey whats happening?" Aleta whispers, heart beating fast as she felt a cold sweat building.

Echo stayed silent, instead swiveling their head around and listening closely attempting to see if they could hear what was wrong.

"Two men with guns are holding up the cashier, they’re looking for three individuals." Enzo reported in a quite, urgent tone.

"Times damned it, we can’t catch a break can we." Echo complained. "anyway anyone wanna play uno?" they asked relaxing as they pulled out a stack of cards from their pocket.

"...Where did you get that?"

Echo pursed their lips together, "I feel like, I shouldn't answer that."

Before Aleta could come up with a rebutle the door busted open.

"Nope nope nope, nah uh, I'm clocking out, find someone to cover my shift." The voice of the poor cashier sounded out. "I don't care. I'll stay until the police arrive but I'm going home after this. Bye." A stale opened and closed beside the trio.

Collectively they relaxed.

Echo tapped the their friends on their shoulders gesturing to go. As silently as possible the trio stepped out from the stale, sneaking out of the bathroom, only to come face to face with a man holding a gun.

"Gotcha." He sneered pressing the gun directly to Enzo head.

Slowly the trio stuck their hands up.

"...What do you want from us?" Enzo asked slowly glaring down the barrel of a gun.

"Well," The man stared with a yellow toothed sneer. "My boss is paying a pretty penny for your heads served on a silver platter. Me and Johnny are hear to delver."

"Johnny and me." Echo corrected in a bland tone.

The man turned the barrel to Echo’s head, flicking the safety off, "The fuck you just say to me?" He hissed.

Echo grimaced, "Your breath smell like ass, did you fuck your buddy before you got here?"

The... murder? sputtered.

"Hey no shame bro, This is the 21st century, I'm just wondering if your buddies blind is all, you uglier than a donkeys ass." Echo commented with a shrug.

Aleta silently plead for them to STOP TALKING.

"That's it--"

Enzo pounced on the distracted man, slitting his throat with a knife. The blood gushed out of his neck with force, spraying Echo in blood.

"ew, ew, ew, gross gross gross!" Echo cried jumping away from the man bleeding out as he chocked on his own blood. "Oh fuck he's gonna die, fuck, shit, fuck no, CHAOS!!!" They cried, deathly pale.

Enzo moved forwards wrapping his hand around Echo's elbow as they attempted to sink down next to the dying man. "We gotta go." He demanded in a gruff voice.

"NO!" Echo wrenched their arm from Enzo's grasp sinking down to the mans side. "CHAOS!" They cried once more.

A crushing force sank down on the four, enveloping Echo as they cried for their friend. Lightning beginning to zap around them as they turned the man over trying to help the chocking. Silently Chaos moved the lightning away from the man instead directing to the ground safely. Their comforting aura helping calm Echo into rational thought.

"Hold your hand over the wound tightly, I'll do they rest." Chaos assured, directing Echo’s flow of mana, removing the lightning effect as they directed to the man's wound swirling around the cut, encouraging it to heal.

Aleta slumped into Enzo side as he held her tightly covering her eyes with one hand, observing the scene before him.

Echo began to feel blood leave the body at a more sluggish pace, "MOTHERSHITER LIVE YOU DUMB HOE HOW FUCKING DARE YOU TRY TO DIE ON ME." They cried, placing more force on the wound, unconsciously pressing more mana into the wound, "ITS HOMOPHOBIC TO DIE NOW PUSSY, HOW WOULD YOUR BOYFRIEND FEEL?!" Anger enveloped them as they pushed the mana in a more conscious manner taking note to what Chaos was doing attempting to replicate the motion, "HEY YOU!" Echo called to the man standing frozen not far away, "COME YELL AT YOUR BOYFRIEND FOR TRYING TO DIE!!!"

The man stuttered forwards dropping to his knees beside Echo. "Wh-what do i do?"

"IF YOU DIE YOUR MOMS A HOE!" Echo screamed.

Johnny seemed to get the point, "DUMB BITCH IF YOU DIE HOW AM I SUPPOSE TO ASK YOU ON THAT DATE I'VE BEEN WORKING THE COURAGE TO ASK YOU OUT ON?!"

"YEAH, DON'T BE HOMOPHOBIC!"

"IF YOU DIE I'LL LET YOUR MOM PLAN YOUR FUNERAL DAVIS!!"

Davis breath began to even out as his eyes focused on his soon to be boyfriend gasping his hand. The cut began to close.

"His wound is closing!" Echo informed in joy, excitedly allowing more of their mana to be edited and flow into the man's body.

A gasping breath escaped the man, "Johnny..." He muttered.

Johnny almost cried, "Davis..."

Echo moved away from the two satisfied with their work smiling proudly. Their heart began to calm and the adrenaline slowing exited their system. Exhaustion came crashing down like a tidal wave cause them to release a tired sigh.

Oblivious to their savors exhaustion, the duo hugged, crying into each other shoulders. Ignoring the blood that soaked them both. Echo yawned as they moved closer to their own group. Aleta moving away from Enzo as he released his hold.

She moved to hug Echo, getting the still wet blood all over herself, "You did a good thing." She muttered into Echo's hair.

Echo hugged back humming slightly as they fought off the urge to fall asleep in the comforting embrace.

Enzo moved to the duo, looking down. "Sorry..." He muttered, twiddling his thumbs.

Echo rolled her eyes, lazily pulling him into their hug, "Thank you."

Enzo tensed for one moment before sinking into Echo's hold, "Why...?"

Echo laughed slightly, "You protected us, you did good. I’d just prefer if no one actually died."

Enzo melted.

"Ayo, what about me!" Chaos demanded, pouting.

Echo rolled their eyes, "You, are forgiven for getting us lose, you giant overpowered asshole."

"Owch."

Echo stuck their tongue out.

"You know what just for that, you get this."

A shadow suddenly loomed overhead, the sound of frantically flapping wings accompanying it. Echo look up, only to see an over sized goose falling overhead. "W h a t--"

"His name is Carrot, he is your problem now."

"Wait no--"

" H O N K "

Chaos left.

Echo sobbed, "Why me????"

"HONK!"

"Shuttup." Enzo hissed rubbing his ear.

Carrot took that personally.

2