Chapter Twenty Five
58 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The sound of Enzo screaming followed by the crashing of shelves provided a background noise to Johnny, Davis, and Echo’s conversation. Aleta found herself busy helping Enzo fend off the demon goose.

“Thank you, truly, can we repay you somehow?” Davis asked leaning slightly against Johnny, holding his hand tightly.

“Well, I do think I have a way,” Echo began, “Could you get us across the boarder by any chance?”

Davis adopted a thoughtful expression, “Well we can certainly get you to the boarder, but across…” He trailed off.

“Wait, does Hannah still owe you that favor?” Johnny interjected.

Davis snapped his fingers lighting up, realization hitting him. “Yes! I forgot about that. Let me give her a call real quick.”

Echo nodded, “Good luck, Imma see what I can do about the goose in the mean time.”

Johnny nods solemnly, eyes drifting to the murderous goose drive bombing Enzo off in the distance. He winced slightly, “Good luck.” He commented, turning away to walk with his new boyfriend.

Echo to observed the scene cringing. “Times damn it.” They muttered to themself. Rubbing their eyes, stiffing a yawn, they moved to help their friends, calling out to them as they rushed forwards.

“Echo call the damned thing off!” Enzo screamed, rolling out of the way of the goose’s attack.

“I can’t control that thing! I’m not a miracle worker.” They attempted to grab the bird, diving for it as it went to strike. Only to collide with another body.

“Ow!”

“Oof!”

The goose honked as it suddenly speed up its chase. The duo grunted as they got back onto their feet, taking off after the goose once more, trailing not far behind. Echo made another dive for the bird, only for it to swerve out of the way at the last moment, leading to them crashing onto the tiled floor of the convince store. By the time they’d gotten back up onto their feet the sound of a ringing bell rang out, signaling the exit of Enzo.

Echo stood on sore feet staring at the door blankly for a few moments. “Ugh.” Huffing to themself they climbed over the knocked over selves, exiting the store.

AS they exited the store they caught Aleta crying out “Climb Enzo, climb!” She desperately holding onto the gooses feet as Enzo scaled a nearby building.

Echo froze for a moment, taking in the sheer absurdity of the situation. Contemplating the steps they’d taken to get here.

“AAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!” Aleta yelped in alarm, quickly covering her face, as Carrot suddenly turned its malicious intent onto her, pecking at her ears and face.

“Ah, shit,” Echo snapped out of their… wonder? And rushed forward, batting the goose away as they moved to Aleta’s side. “Bad goose! Bad!” They scolded.

H O N K!” Carrot replied in rage, redoubling its efforts.

Aleta hissed at it, Echo attempted to punch it. Both found their efforts to be useless. As the goose dived between them duo split off slightly, stumbling away from the goose as well as each other. Aleta resorted to trying to strike Carrot with one arm while protecting herself with the other. Echo felt static zapping around their skin creating a sort of protective barrier. Steeling themself they lashed out attempting to shot lighting at the bird, only for it to maintain a bubble around them, refusing to move further away.

Echo could have screamed in frustration.

Carrot attempted to bat Aleta with it wings only for it to be pushed away in a well placed counter sticker. Not letting it get to him Carrot used the sudden change in momentum to turn and attack Echo, honking as it charged.

Echo held their ground bringing their fist up as they prepared to stick. Eyes narrowing, muscles tensing.

HONK!” Carrot opened it beck preparing to bite.

Echo’s eyes widened, flinching back, Carrot a mere foot away.

“Hmp!” Bonk! Squawk!” “Gotcha!” “HONK!! HONK!!”

Echo’s fist lowered as their jaw dropped open, eyes widening.

Enzo pinned the winged menace to the ground, each hand on a wing, tail flicking back and forth. A vicious grin on his face as he glared down at the thing trashing about beneath him. “I got you know you bastard!” He announce, triumphant.

“HONK!” The goose seemed to disagree.

Echo took cautious steps towards them stopping at Enzo’s side, Aleta not far behind. Both staring down at Enzo and Carrot a perplexed expression firmly planted on their faces.

“Well what do we do with it know?” Aleta asked, looking over to Echo. Echo looked back, shrugging.

“I kill it.” Enzo proclaimed, eyes ablaze with anger.

Carrot stilled at that, turning its head to Enzo, only to squawk in fear.

“No!” Aleta cried, attempting to defend at goose.

Carrot squirmed turning its head to Aleta, a teary expression looking up at her, praying on her kindness to escape its death.

“Just look at the poor thing,” Aleta knelt down next to its head, cradling it, “He was just scared, he didn’t mean it.”

The goose turned its wide, sad eyes to Echo, ignoring Enzo entirely. Echo could help but for pity for the thing, shoulders slumping, defeated.

“He’s not that bad I suppose.” They muttered.

Carrot nodded enthusiastically, nuzzling up to Aleta. Enzo glared harder, fingers digging to Carrot’s wings as he restrained himself from lashing out and killing the bird.

“Awe,” Echo cooed, bending down and rubbing Carrot’s head, causing it to lean into their touch, squawking happily. “It’s just a poor goose, we shouldn’t kill it.”

Enzo’s eye twitched as he viciously glared at the thing basking in Aleta’s and Echo’s attention. Through gritted teeth he uttered, “Fine.” slowing getting of its wings.

Aleta whooped in happiness as Echo smiled down at the goose, petting the animal.

Enzo felt nothing but hate for the thing.

“Good news!” Johnny exclaimed for across the street, “We can get you over the boarder!”

“Ah sweet!” Echo replied, getting up and dashing across the street.

Aleta followed not far behind, Carrot waddling behind her. Enzo sneered at it. The demon goose suddenly looking behind it making eye contact with him. He tensed, fur standing on end. Carrot hissed displaying its teeth before turning back around and running to catch up with Aleta.

Enzo seethed

2