Epilogue
107 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Francesca stood bowed in front of the head maid, ready to give her report. The tall woman was sitting by her worktable, documents laid out before her. She cast a severe glance at Francesca, then nodded to let her begin.

“Francesca, how did the young lady’s day go? Were there any complications?”

Francesca rose from her bow briskly, maintaining perfect posture.

“No madam, everything went just as usual.”

The older woman stared at her intently for a few seconds, judging silently. Eventually she turned away from Francesca back to her writing implements.

“Then you are dismissed. Return to your duties.”

Francesca offered another proper bow, then went off to ready the little lady for her bedtime. It had been a rather tiring day for the girl after all.

 

 

The next morning, Livia jumped out of her bed full of energy the instant Francesca opened the door. She ran into Francesca’s hem, wrapping her arms around the maid.

“Fran Fran! We’ll go to the park again today, won’t we? Bella said that it’s so boring to study all day, so we agreed to go again today! We will go, right?”

Francesca barely managed to supress her grimace; it was going to be one of those days again, wasn’t it?

She of course assented and patted the girl’s head reassuringly. Her gaze however was elsewhere, wondering towards the window in the room. Through it she saw blue skies, birds flittering high above, free as can be. Her mind held only one thought.

I wonder if my pension would be enough for retirement soon...

Thank you for reading A Day in the Life of a Combat Maid! I had a lot of fun writing this, and hope you also enjoyed reading this little story. Please leave a follow, leave a rating, or review if you want more content like this! Perhaps I will even end up writing more about the daily struggles Francesca faces in her tasks? Besides, how often do you get to review a finished story anyway?

My main purpose in writing this was to release some pent up aggressions, as my main story, Easygoing Sect Leader, was just too easygoing. I needed to get these brutal impulses out! If you now need a bit of a sillier and lighter read, give that story a try. Here's the synopsis:

Suddenly waking up without explanation in the body of a cultivation sect leader, 23-year-old student Aki ends up in quite the bind. Luckily he has one special skill: The ability to bullshit his way through anything. His confident and mysterious smile manages to convince everyone of his sagely wisdom, so no one suspects a thing!

Aki however faces a big issue – no one in this sect knows how to relax! They all believe in ironclad discipline, ascetic ways and casting off all mortal comforts in the singular pursuit of cultivation. How can Aki convince them to relax and try the joys of life?

4