CHAPTER 98: THE HOGSMEADE TOUR
1.3k 10 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When trust is broken

Words often go unspoken.

 

No longer is a relationship

One of truth and kinship.

 

Trust is always earned

It is a principle we all learn.

 

A trusting reputation will be one

Where only you by your actions will be undone.

 

Always be that person who is trusting

Then life will need no adjusting.

 

People know what you say and do

Are a reflection of the true you.

 

-Catherine Pulsifer

 

~~~~

 

The gloomy sky above Hogwarts is always a nice thing to have, for Ed at least, there’s no scorching sunlight that burns his skin, there’s no overly bright light, only coolness and these unique serene feelings that always covered the area. Right now, he is in a carriage with two blond individuals, one significantly younger than the other. Fleur could be seen watching the scenery of the area near Hogwarts as the carriage was pulled by Thestrals, while Gabrielle was watching her sister rather curiously.

“It’s certainly different from France.” Fleur commented. “France is much more… warmer… and less gloomy.”

“You don’t like it?” Ed asked, leaning against the window, watching the scenery with her. “I think it’s perfect. While rain could make it better, but still…”

Fleur giggled at Ed’s words, it was obvious that she knew what he would say. “You have a unique taste Ed.”

“What? It’s nice, bearing cold is so much better than bearing heat.”

“Well, I am part Veela, as well as Gabrielle.” Fleur stated, pointing out her heritage. “Veela is connected to fire, so it’s rather appropriate to say that we prefer sunny days.”

“I like gloomy days.” Gabrielle said suddenly, surprising even Fleur. “The sun makes me sweaty.”

Ed shrugged at the answer, looking at Fleur smugly. “See? Even your sister agrees with me.” Ed then raised his palm towards Gabrielle which made her giggled, and she high-fived him.

Fleur rolled her eyes at the statement, but Ed could see her appreciative gaze towards him, he thought it was because of Gabrielle, she doesn’t really have many friends in this school after all.

The three then felt the carriage had stopped. Ed looked outside only to see a lot of students already got out of the carriage, walking about.

“We’ve arrived ladies,” said Ed in an exaggerated manner. He opened the door and jokingly opened the way for the two ladies. At the sight of this, Fleur chuckled before getting out of the carriage with the giddy Gabrielle behind her. When they got out, Gabrielle looked at Ed and asked if she could hold her hand, to which he agreed.

“So, care to tell us about this place?” Fleur asked, also grabbing Gabrielle’s hand so she wouldn't run off. “This place seems… charming…” Fleur looked around the Hogsmeade village, the old architecture looked mouldy and not ‘extravagant’ at all, for Ed, it looked fine, better even, as it is part of the charm, but for Fleur? Not so much.

“I understand that it’s not to your taste.” Ed stated. “You can stay in the carriage if you want.”

“Oh no, I’m rather curious on what the last wizards-only village in Britain would look like.” Fleur commented, defending her words. She looked around again and only hummed. “Well, care to show us around?”

Ed only sighed at the question. “I’d be happy too…”

The group then followed the stony path of Hogsmeade, it was a bit slippery, but thankfully the girls were wearing suitable footwear for this kind of weather, the three saw students entering shops and houses, some students even went home because they lived here. They then passed a clothing shop, displaying wizarding clothing in the display.

“Want to go in?” Ed asked rather dismissively. “You’re interested in these sorts of things, right? Besides, there’ll be a ball this christmas.”

“Oh please, we both know that wizards' fashion is horrible.” Fleur rolled her eyes, which made her sister giggled.

Ed shrugged, agreeing silently. “Alright, I mean, what do you really want to see here? There’s nothing really interesting here. It’s just a way for us students to buy things… go on dates… send letters… get drunk,”

“Drunk?” Fleur questioned in amusement.

“Yeah, butterbeers.” Ed continued, explaining about the pub in Hogsmeade. “The Three broomsticks are right around the corner. Or you want to go to a Sweet shop? It’s a couple houses from here.”

“Sweet shop?” Gabrielle’s eyes suddenly twinkled, looking at Ed with excitement.

“Oh no…” Fleur sighed in surrender. “Do you have to mention sweets in front of a nine year-old child, Ed?”

“Hey, I was just suggesting.” Ed answered casually. He knelt down to Gabrielle’s height and asked the little girl. “You want some sweets?”

Gabrielle nodded her head vigorously and pulled Ed’s hand towards the direction Ed was pointing before. “Let’s go.”

Ed let himself be dragged by Gabrielle, while Fleur just looked at him tiredly, knowing that they would buy a lot of sweets inside there.

As they arrived at Honeydukes, Gabrielle released Ed’s hand and rushed towards the place, leaving Fleur and Ed in front of the store. Ed then entered the place following Gabrielle, the bell on the door rang as he entered it, he held the door for Fleur and closed it as she entered.

“Maman would be mad if she knew Gabrielle ate too much sugar…” Fleur murmured to herself.

“It’s fine… Gabrielle is nine.” Ed stated casually as he leaned against a wall. “I’ll pay for it, don’t worry, if she bought too much, I’ll decrease it.”

“You don’t have to pay… I have money.”

“I insist, I told her about the sweetshop anyway.” Ed shrugged.

Fleur just sighed at Ed’s statement, but didn’t say anything further. Both of them saw Gabrielle run around, slamming towards students, and put a lot of sweets in her bag, which made Fleur shake her head in amusement.

“So… any luck on your… ‘partner hunting’?” Ed asked casually, and Fleur’s head turned to him.

“Partner hunting?” Fleur raised her brow. “What is that supposed to mean?”

“Well, it isn’t really hidden you know?” Ed continued. “You’re intentionally releasing your charms for all the Hogwarts students to feel. You’re probing.”

Fleur looked at Ed weirdly. “Probing?”

“You know what I mean.” Ed hummed, turning to look at Fleur. “You’re trying to find someone that can withstand it.”

Fleur sighed. “I can’t hide something from you, can’t I? This is my last year Ed, you know how I feel about this.”

“Your charm is dangerous Fleur.” Ed warned. “I worry that someone that couldn’t withstand it took a… forceful approach.”

“I can defend myself.” Fleur refuted. “Do not get me wrong, I am proud of my Veela heritage, but people only saw me as that, a Veela’s offspring. Men saw me as objects, a trophy to be taken, I cannot tell who is who, whether someone wants to be friends with me because of who I am, or because of the charm and just wants to get in my underwear…”

“I get it, you have trust issues, like Harry, like me.” Ed hummed. “But this is not the way, you’re hurting people, you can make people do things that they wouldn’t do otherwise if they weren’t under influence. How about this, I will recommend some men that you could take to the ball, even possibly knowing them more closely.”

Fleur raised her brow. “I’m listening.”

Ed sighed. “Cedric Diggory.”

“I thought he already has a girlfriend? That Asian girl?”

“Oh yeah… right…” Ed hummed. “Weasley twins?”

“Are you serious?” Fleur giggled in surprise. “The twins?”

“Fine…” Ed murmured. “Viktor Krum? I don’t know…”

“You don’t know?” Fleur crossed her arms below her breasts. “I’m starting to think you have no idea who to recommend.”

“Alright, Harry Potter.” Ed shrugged.

“The little boy?”

“I’m younger than him, Fleur.” Ed stated.

“You’re different, you don’t look like a boy, you don’t act like a boy.” Fleur countered. “In fact… how about I take you to the ball instead. How about that?”

“Fleur…”

“I’m serious.” she insisted.

“I’m with Hermione…” Ed stated the obvious. “And I thought you like older men?”

“Well, I don’t mind if it’s you.” Fleur answered. “Not the ball of course, for the future, I mean.”

Ed frowned at her words. “What’s that supposed to mean?”

“It’s hard to find a mate, Ed.” Fleur answered calmly. “But I know that you’re my friend, and maybe… my family could arrange a marriage between the two of us. It doesn’t have to be based on love, but at least I know I will be taken care of with you.”

“That’s preposterous Fleur, I have Hermione.” Ed argued.

“True. but Wizarding law never states that you can only marry one woman.” Fleur stated casually, making Ed’s eyes widened. “You are a dying pureblood family, it’s only natural.”

“Are you mad?”

“I am not, I am merely giving a suggestion.” Fleur shrugged innocently.

Ed shook his head. “No. I won’t agree to that.”

Fleur sighed. “Pity…”

Ed then could see Gabrielle ran towards Fleur, and showed her ‘sweets’ collection.

“That’s… too much…” Fleur narrowed her eyes.

“For him too.” Gabrielle argued, pointing at Ed. “And Hermione.”

Fleur looked at Ed, which made him shrug. “Alright Gabrielle, I’ll buy it for you.”

Gabrielle smiled wildly and hugged him, to which both of them walked towards the counter, buying all of the sweets in Gabrielle’s bag.

The three are now walking outside again, the clouds above started to scatter much to Ed’s disappointment, Gabrielle is eating her sweets rather innocently besides Ed and Fleur, walking happily with them.

“Where do we go now?” Fleur asked curiously.

“You want to go to Three Broomsticks?” Ed asked back. “Hermione’s there.”

“You’re ruining our date Ed.” Fleur teased.

Ed rolled his eyes. “I have things to do here, you need to go with Hermione after this.”

“What things?” Fleur asked curiously.

“Illegal things.” Ed shrugged innocently, which made Fleur raise her eyebrow in amusement. But then Ed changed the topic. “Listen Fleur, about the talk earlier…”

“You changed your mind?” Fleur’s eyes twinkled.

“No, but I have another suggestion.”

Fleur’s eyes dimmed. “Oh, who is it?”

“A relative of mine.” Ed said mysteriously. “He’s an Aldrich too, you like older men right?”

“An Aldrich?” Fleur frowned. “But I thought you’re the last one.”

“That is technically true.” Ed hummed. “But it’s more complicated than that.”

“Okay… where is he now?”

“He is… far away.” Ed stated. “But I could call him if you want to meet him.”

“How old is he, anyway?”

“30ish…” Ed murmured.

“30ish?” Fleur exclaimed.

“Hey, if you don’t want to agree, it’s fine.”

“I know I said older men… but…” Fleur murmured. “Is he handsome at least?”

“Fleur… that is the most hypocritical thing I’ve ever heard…”

“Sorry…” Fleur giggled. “What do you think of him?”

“A good man.” Ed hummed. “He’s helped me so much in these years… he’s willing to put his happiness aside for the sake of others like me…”

Fleur pondered for a bit, watching the passing students as she did so. “Okay.”

“Okay?”

“I’ll meet him if you insist.” Fleur nodded. “But will he agree?”

“Well that’s the question, isn’t it?” Ed sighed. “I don’t know, we’ll see.”

The group continued to walk through the wet streets of Hogsmeade, the students were starting to settle down, sitting in Broomsticks, Madam Pudifoot’s and other tea shops or pubs in the area. The three entered the broomsticks, it was packed inside, students and locals alike were talking to each other, gossiping about the news, the state of the wizarding world, even political debate could be heard amongst the chattering.

Ed looked around the place, and finally saw Hermione, who was waving her hand to Ed in the corner of the place to catch his attention. She was with Ron and Harry, seemingly chatting casually with each other. Ed nodded to her with a smile, and he guided the two French girls to them.

“Hi.” Hermione threw a warm smile at Ed as he was nearing the table. She moved to make some space for the three, and all of them sat on the same table.

“Where’s Lavender and Parvati?” Ed asked Hermione.

“They went to Madam Puddifoot’s.” Hermione answered, and Ed stopped it there, as he didn’t want to know what those two were up to there. Hermione then looked at Gabrielle, who was munching on her sweets, which made Hermione frown.

“Isn’t that too much sweets?” she questioned, looking at Fleur, which had a helpless look. Gabrielle looked at Hermione, and offered her sweets. Hermione hesitantly took one candy, and ate it.

“Alright, I need to go again…” Ed stood up, walking away from the group.

“Where are you going mate?” Ron frowned. “You just arrived.”

“I need to deal with some beetle business.” Ed smiled mysteriously, which made Hermione sigh. “Oh, Hermione, Alan will be here shortly.”

Hermione was confused. “Why?”

“Is that his name?” Fleur asked curiously.

“Yes.” Ed nodded, he looked at Hermione and made this look that made Hermione instantly understand.

“Oh! Wait… what?” Hermione was surprised. “Him and her? But he’s…”

“I like older men.” Fleur stated casually to Hermione, which made her shut up.

“Err… What are you talking about?” Harry suddenly interrupted.

“Nothing Harry.” Ed hummed. “Anyway, talk to you later.”

Ed then walked away from the group, passing the crowd in the pub and exited the place, intending to do his business here.

16