Road to Haga – Part 2
22 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

  One week ago, in a supermarket close to the building where twenty plus survivors will stay later this day, there is a teenager on the cashier desk, and he is doing what cashiers do, scan the products, asks for money at the customer, and give the change to customers who have paid too much. The cashier's name is Mike, and this guy, is hating his job, not only because his co-workers are making fun of him, but it is the fact the money he got for an hour, it a disgrace even for slaves who are working in Brazil.

  One customer who wears a surgical mask on his face walks into the store, while Mike is looking quite amused at that guy, but he is holding is laughing because he does not want to have his salary cut, not again, this month he already got cut for two times because of his annoying co-workers who have blamed him for lighting a cigarette in a storage room. "Filthy Gen Z spoiled brat," says Mike to himself when he remembers those times, but then he realizes he is also a Gen Z, but not a spoiled brat.

  The customer with surgical masks takes from a shelf a kitchen knife, and also a large box with cookies and a Coca- Cola bottle, and Mike does not even care why to do this guy needs a kitchen knife because a customer is a customer, and also, today was the day he finally decides to quit this dammed job. The customer with surgical masks approaches the cashier desk and those things he has taught there, to let Mike scan it by using the scanner every grocery store or supermarket has. After he has finished scanning, the customer paid Mike, and he runs from the store, without even taking the rest, which made Mike quite upset because his co-workers will maybe do a thing and tell their boss that he is stealing the money from the cash register.

  Mike put the money back into the cash register, and then he heard a sound "BANG" outside like something has thrown a grenade or something have exploded. Mike leaves the cashier spot for a few seconds to look outside what is happening. And at that time, two co-workers of Mike have decided to go into the cash register, take all the money from there, and putting into the Mike backpack they have stolen a while ago. But when they approach the cash register, those two heard screaming from the boss' office, and they have decided to run there to see what was happening. But when they arrive there, they were greeted by their boss who is now a zombie, and another zombie, the one who was biting his neck. These got attacked by those zombies who not much later, have started to eat their organs like crows eating a wild animal body.

  Mike is still outside, and he saw there is a car accident between a truck and a bus. The truck was not carrying gas, just some pallets with supplies for a market, and on the bus, eight civilians were just dead, but there was somebody who has left somehow from the bus, and he is walking around. The people who were there and looking at the accident, have decided to go and try to help the man, and Mike was coming there to see how is that survivor holding.

  When a man approached that "survivor of the crash", the survivor already jumped on him and start biting his face. The image was horrifying for those people, and also for Mike, who has instantly thrown up. While that zombie was biting the man, a few men wanted to take that thing from there, but one of them got attacked by that thing again, but this time, he bites the neck of someone. He bites so hard, that this man has instantly fallen and laid on the ground. Other citizens were trying to help him, but when he opens his eyes, he got reanimated as a zombie and start biting another person, this time a black female who will become later a zombie. Mike remained far from those people, and he realizes something. All of the zombie-apocalypse video games and movies are not a wasted time like his father said one day, now he will have to use the techniques learned to acquire liberty and be alive.

  Mike runs into the store to alert his co-workers, but it was already too late, he saw his own co-worker, the one who intentionally light a cigarette into the storage room to then blame Mike for doing it, laying on the floor and trying to scream for help, while a zombie was eating his whole ass. Mike has weirdly smiled at that bastard, and he says to him in a weird tone.

  "You get what you deserve."

  Then, Mike runs into a shelf and takes from there as fast as he can do, a knife, also a pan, and he saw there something between the refrigerators which contains mineral water and juices, a crowbar. Mike takes the crowbar, and he runs to that zombie who was eating his co-worker's ass. He takes a swing and with one hit, he destroyed the head of that zombie who then is laying, with his destroyed face, on his co-worker's ass, between the checks.

  "Thank you!" yelled the co-worker to Mike who is then is doing another swing with the crowbar. "Wait..." says the co-worker who was already too late.

  Mike has done the last swing with his crowbar, who has broken his co-worker's head. And after he has done that, he takes his backpack who was already on the floor, he runs to another shelf, and he takes from there every supply he can get, a few chocolate bars, water bottles from the refrigerator, a few great sources of food in cans, and he also takes from another shelf three pieces of bread. And before he was about to leave the place, he takes off his shirt which represents the logo of this supermarket, and yelled.

  "I QUIT!"

  Then, Mike runs into a hideout while he is carrying a whole backpack with supplies, and the hideout he is running to is a huge block where a few people were running there, the huge block where he will stay for a while and where he will meet the other two survivors which will help him go to the dock to steal a boat to help them escape this country. While he was running to that building, he also saw Ronald, who is at a few meters distance from him and runs to the same building.

---

  In the present day, on the block which contains three floors with cars, they are searching for a car who can help them dive into this situation, a jeep to be specific. They could take any other car, but a jeep offers to them a great chance to survive these big waves of zombies.

  These three survivors are already on the second floor, and they have found a jeep parking somewhere here. Mike arrives first at that jeep, and he noticed it is looked, so, Ronald takes off Mike, and he tells both of them to get away. The two take a few steps back, while Ronald is breaking the glass of the jeep by using his hammer from the backpack he got after he changed with someone's tools on the second day of this infection or apocalypse. He successfully broke the jeep window, he gets first on the jeep, and he tries to turn on the car like thieves from GTA Games are doing, trying to turn it on by working on some warriors. Then Gerald, comes to the jeep, and he is sitting on the passage seat, he then unlocks the doors on the back of this jeep, and there enters Mike.

  When Mike has entered the back of the jeep, he found there two shotguns, and also three boxes of shells that belong to the shotguns.

  "Wicked," says Mike.

  "What?" he asks Ronald taking a look at Mike, and then he found there two shotguns. "Thank God for Americans!"

  After a few minutes, the jeep starts and Ronald is driving this car from this parking lot into the streets of Holland.

1