From Cluj to Athene – Part 1
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

On the city Cluj-Napoca, in Romania, on a gas station, there is a woman at a young age, who got pink and brown long hair, she is tall and slim not like a plank, much like a teenage girl with an athletic body. She is staying on the table where she scans the groceries or the people who are taking the gas from those pumps. She has one client, who is a bald man wearing a black vest with a white dirt shirt with a logo, who resemble a fisherman using a spear instead of a fishing equipment. The man asks the lady about a pack of cigars, and she gives it to him. The man quickly gives him the money and then leaves without taking the paper called "Bon Fiscal" in Romanian language, but English it is known as receipt. She takes that receipt, and throws in the trash, like the others receipts, since customers aren't taking them most of the time. After she did that, her boss came to her and told her.

"Ana. You have to arrange the things on their shelves."

"Where is Gus?" she asks the boss.

"I have no idea, but when he will come back, I will put him to do shift on weekends. Now go and do this job or else I will be cutting your salary." and leaves.

"Like you always do." she says, turning her eyes upside down for a moment and going to do the job for that lazy co-worker who is most likely smoking another cigar on the back of the store.

She got the goods the boss put it somewhere obvious, and she proceeded to arrange it and put in order to their shelves. She first started with dairy products, she first arranged the milk who contains fifty percent grease, and then she starts with the ones with thirty percentage grease. After she finished with the milk, she started with yogurt, delicious fruit yogurts with strawberries, blueberry, bananas, mango, honey, biscuits and so many flavours that would even make Terry from Brooklyn 99 comedy to show to feel energized to go to directly to Romania and buy a random yogurt product from a random small store.

After she finished with the dairy products, she goes to the fruit section, but before she was about to put bananas on the specified part, she heard a scream. She goes up, looks behind her, and runs to the back store. There, she sees one of his co-worker who is bitten by a crazy guy, who seems like a homeless, but in reality, it is something much more terrifying.

"Help! Help me, Ana!" says the guy who smoked earlier and let poor Ana do his task.

Ana has quickly jumped back to her reality, and push that zombie from co-worker and screamed at him.

"Leave him alone, or I will call the cops!"

The "man" growls like a man in his thirties who haven't drunk his eight coffee in the morning. That thing looks at Ana, and he is slowly getting up to his feet.

Ana quickly put out her peeper spray she carries every time she leaves the store to walk to her home. In Cluj there are a lot of predators who would jump on Ana, abduct her and do different things to her, either selling her organs, forcing her to become a prostitute, or worse, making her pregnant and leaving her alone with the baby. She sprayed that thing in the face, but it didn't work out, so she threw the thing into the monster face and nothing happens, the things was getting on his feet now and was trying to catch Ana, but she decided to push this beast one more time. The beast fell down on the ground, and she drags her co-worker into the store, to at least help him to stop the bleeding that crazy man did to him.

The co-worker was not that heavy to be dragged by Ana, who sued to drag things much heavier. Sure, it doesn't look like she could pull it out, but back in the high school, she used to work at her father business, who is specialized in construction. She built complex buildings, while girls at her age are building friends, memories and chances to get pregnant. Ana throw her co-worker on the building interior, and then she closes the door behind her and blocked with three heavy boxes which contains watermelons and bananas.

"Good. I think we-"

But when she turned around, she sees her co-worker getting on his feet, and having those weird looking veins on his face, those eyes without any colour, a dry mouth, and growling. Ana didn't know what does this thing is, or what does this virus is because like any girl without friends, she didn't spend her night reading horror stories, she used her free time working to achieve a good life, but now, she works as a part-timer store clerk just to pay her studies at a University in Constructions.

"Andrei... Are you... alright?" asks Ana, looking scared at Andrei.

But, before the thing was close to use his attack senses to bite Ana, her boss came here, and yelled at both of them to stop idling and continue their work. And at that moment, Andrei in his zombie form ignored Ana and jumped to his boss. He caught his boss, and start biting him alive, Ana took a canned food, and she uses that weapon to smash it to Andrei head, but she simply smashed it, the thing suddenly stopped for a moment, he turns back, but before it was close to bite Ana, she did an incredible thing. She used the canned food to cover Andrei mouth, and she pushed him into a shelf.

That zombie corpse hit the shelf, and fall on his back, with almost a few thousands kilograms of soda, water, and beer. The zombie was now under the heavy shelf and cannot move since the plastic and metal bottles are blocking his ways. Now, Ana can escape this place and find help, but she decided to take a look at Andrei and try to ask him.

"What happened to you?"

But the corpse which was Andrei one time only screamed at her and uses his hand, trying to reach for her, but the distance between them is too far. Ana looked at her boss, who is covering his wounds made by the zombie on his arms with towels from the nearby shelf. The boss looked at Ana scared and told her to call for help. She immediately goes to the counter, takes the phone there and calls for help. She dials 112 (emergency service phone number in Romania), but when she dialled that phone, a robotic message told her.

"Warning! The event known as Zombie Apocalypse has begun. Everyone who got bitten or scratched by a zombie must treat by themselves or kill themselves. There are also Hospitals opened, but only for the people safe from bitten marks or scratches made by the creatures called zombies. Seek shelter far from the city or jump on one of the planes at the airport which will transport the remaining survivors to the uninhibited islands, far from our continent."

And then it closes. Ana looked quickly at the boss who is dying slowly, and she tries to dial 112 too again, but it gave the same message. She looks at her, and tries to dial that number again, but again, it gave the same message.

Ana looked at her boss, who is looking mercifully at her, but Ana, realizing that people are now transforming into these creatures if they are bitten or scratched she listened to the robotic voice message, she will go to the Airport. But before she was about to leave this place who used to be her part-time Hell, she takes a backpack, a few supplies and leaves while she lets her boss bleeding to death and screaming to her, but Ana, said one last thing to her boss before she truly left this building with a "stolen" backpack and supplies.

"Goodbye, you nasty boss!"

And she truly left the store, letting her boss bleeding to death, screaming at her to came back. But this scream made his situation worse because the zombies has successfully freed himself by just sliding, and jumped on the laid boss who is going to be eaten by his co-worker Andrei.

1