From Cluj to Athene – Part 14
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cassandra walks on the kitchen room – looks like one because it has a lot of kitchen appliances around like a frying pan, cups, plates, and food – feeling a little mad cause "Anakin" is acting like a child on these times. There, she sees Radu and his brother, Alin, staying on the table and looking at something. Cassandra approaches them, but before she was about to say something, Alin turned around to her, and look happy at her.

"It's you." he says while he was aiming with his pistol at her, but she didn't even notice Alin take a gun out because of this darkness room (they have to shut off the lights because a zombie might be going to enter this house if he sees the lights on). "Sorry."

"I am the one who should apologize." reply Cassandra. "I didn't know you two are here, but what are you two doing here?"

"We are thinking." replies Radu to Cassandra while he gave her a free seat. "At how we can help the others. And maintain contact with them."

"Wouldn't be good to use cellphones?"

"It's no use." says Alin. "I, my brother, Anakin, Klaus and Ho Lee didn't have on the international type of telephone."

"I have." says Cassandra, which makes those two looking at her shockingly.

"Then, why didn't you tell us that earlier?!" asks Radu, feeling furious towards Cassandra for not sharing this important information to them.

"I am sorry..."

"Ugh... It doesn't matter." says Radu to Cassandra, and he looks at Alin. "Should we try and call them now?"

"We didn't have their number phone." says Alin. "Wait..."

"ALINA!" yelled these two brothers at the same time.

"I totally forgot She told all the passengers from that plane her phone number." says Radu.

"And you noted it?" asks Cassandra.

"No. My brother did." says Radu, pointing to his brother, showing Cassandra a piece of paper with a phone number.

"Now. Hand me your phone?" asks Alin to Cassandra.

"Here." says Cassandra, who is handing Alin her mobile phone.

Alin proceeds to turn on the phone, let Cassandra put the number password to her phone. After she finished doing that, Alin sees the phone has nine percent battery, so they have to move fast. He opens the calling, put the phone number from the paper, and calls Alina to see if they are alright.

***

On the military truck, where those ladies and Ilie, they have survived an attack of zombie, and barricade themselves into the back of this truck by using empty boxes as a wall to the other side. This was almost their only option, because the doors are almost broken by the fists, bites and kicks of those zombies who were trying to break in, but Ilie with Alina managed to kill those zombies by stabbing their heads with knives. It took almost two hours, but it was worth it, they almost killed all the zombies from this area, only thirty have been remained here, and those are just the one who are only crawling.

On the driver seat, there is Ilie looking disappointing that this military truck doesn't have any fuel to help them go to the city and help the other people get rescued. There is also Alina, who is staying on the other seat, and she looks on the window, being cautions in case of a surprise attack. Alina also sees one crawler, thanks to a car light who is illuminating almost the entire area, going slowly to another zombie. There, he sees that crawler eating the zombie flesh, and she felt disgusted by this action.

And Alina, will become much more disgusted later when the crawler will begin a normal zombie. She sees him eating that corpse, and later, when that creature finished eating that corpse, he regenerates his non-existent foot limbs, and gets up, then he starts walking around looking for more food.

"My God." whispered Alina.

"What's going on?" asks Ilie getting closer to Alina to see what is happening, and he sees that zombie walking.

"That zombie... was having his legs cut out... but now... he regenerates them." says Alina terrified by this image.

"Maybe you should sleep a li-"

Then, the ringtone of Alina phone starts on. Her ringtone it is the beginning part of the "I want to break free", by the Queen band. And the light of the phone has attracted one zombie close from this car.

"Should I put him down to his misery?" asks Ilie about to take out a knife and attack that thing.

"No." says Alina taking her phone and answering the anonymous call. "Hello?"

"Hello. It is me." says Alin on the phone. "Are you Alina?"

"Yes." responds Alina. "And you are?"

"Alin."

"Alin? The guy with an injured leg? Where are you?"

"Yes, and I am fine. Just a small scratch. We are sitting in a building. On the morning, we are trying to find a way out, and try to help your group and head onto Athene. You are safe with your group?"

"Yes. We are sitting on the highway, in a military truck." says Alina.

"Wow. Does it have any fuel?"

"Unfortunately. No." she said while she took a small look on the board of this truck. "It was empty when we arrived here."

"Nuts. There are any cars near you?"

"Yes. But we are going to take the gas from those in the morning."

"Good. Use those cars fuel to refuel this military truck. This might be going to work for you, but for us, it will be a bummer since there is damaged cars. This is better than taking from the night. Who knows what creatures might be lurking there... Alright... I guess we will see you in the morning."

"I suppose."

"See you then and stay safe!"

"Stay safe! And good night." says Alina to the phone, and then she closes the phone.

"Are you good?" asks Ilie seeing Alina feeling worried.

"Yeah..." she says to Ilie, and then she looks on the window, seeing two zombies walking clueless on the highway. "We should rest for tomorrow." she arranges her chair to make it like a bed, and after that, she proceeds to sleep while Ilie has come to his own decision to stay on guard.

1