From Cluj to Athene – Part 21
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After almost two hours of riding through the roads crumbled with cars and corpses of humans and dead zombies, the group of eleven survivors have managed to arrive at Thessaloniki, the port they are looking for. But when they arrived there, the things didn't look that bright for them because at the moment they have looked with their eyes on the port and saw the destruction they were feeling miserable and hopeless.

"Oh, fuck..." says Marcus looking at a few big ships who were still on fire and a few more pieces of bots who are still on the waters and a few corpses of humans who are somehow still in the waters. "We have made a big mistake coming here."

"You think so." says Claudia looking mean at Alina, and ignoring Marcus who is looking clueless around.

"Hey! At least I did something." says Alina to Claudia. "We can still make it to Athene, right?" she asks the surrounding people.

"Yes." says Anakin. "We can still make it, but hey... This was only a small mistake, right?"

Suddenly, Alin sees a few bunches of zombies coming to their direction in a fast speed walking. He alerts his brother, then his gang that a few zombies are coming over. The gang is taking out their guns and proceed to shoot the upcoming zombies.

In just a few minutes, the upcoming zombies, who were almost eighty were put down by the artillery of these eleven survivors. Then, the team decides to check the area to see if they can fins something useful here, because after all, a few of the survivors from this group have encountered a lot of military vehicles damaged and abandoned, plus a few military human corpses with weapons on their hands.

***

Alin and Radu are staying on a military jeep because Alin it is injured, and it needs rest. This is making Alin feeling extremely irritated because he cannot move properly and not help his teammates in fighting against zombies.

"Radu." says Alin to his brother.

"Yeah?" asks Radu looking at his brother.

"Are you feeling alright?"

"Yes. You?"

"... I'm useless."

"No, you're not." says Radu. "You are a great man. And you will be able to fight again in a matter of days, okay?"

He laughs a bit, then he said to his brother.

"I'd like to fight again by your side."

"Yeah. Me too." says Radu fist-bumping with his brother. He then takes a look on the window to see what is going on, and he sees a zombie crawling to a container. His legs are non-existed, and they can see a few intestines coming out of the torso."You see that zombie?"

"Yes." he looks at the zombie Radu showed him. "How are they even able to crawl without any legs."

"These mutants are truly scarier than the one from video games."

"Exactly, brother... By the way, how it is the spear going?"

"It worked fine." says Radu taking a look back to the backseat to see if his spear which consist into a broom stick and with a knife tied to the end of the stick.

Then, a survivor came to the military jeep, and that survivor it is Ilie, who's looking at Alin feet. He asked him the basics questions of checking the injury like: "Does it hurt?", "Can you walk?" and "How does it feel?". Which Alin replied that "The leg is still hurting, but less.". After the checking, Ilie is looking at Radu, and he asks him a question.

"Do you think you can help me at something?"

"What is it?" asks Radu towards Ilie.

"Just come with me. I'll show you there."

"Alright." says Radu taking his improvised spear and leaving Alin into the jeep, but before he left the jeep, he told Alin: "Be careful."

"I will." responds Alin.

1