From Cluj to Athene – Part 22
5 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

While these two survivors were walking to a red container, Marcus came out of nowhere running from two zombies. Thankfully he bumped into Radu and Ilie, who used their melee weapons to put those two creatures down. Radu stabbed one of the monster's head with his beloved spear, while Ilie used a machete he found in the arms of a military corpse.

"Thank you." says Marcus to Radu and Ilie who killed these two creatures without a sweat. "I thought I was a goner."

"Anytime." says Radu to Marcus. "What you were doing there?"

"I was searching for supplies and weapons. But then I saw a few zombies coming out of the waters."

"What? Zombies can swim?" asks Ilie feeling nervous.

"I don't know. They were just floating there, and in the next second they managed to climb the docks and jump on me."

"We've got a new zombies type, then?" asks Radu to Ilie.

"Most likely... Shit!" says Ilie hitting with his toe the red container. "And I thought an island can help us."

"Keep calm, Ilie." says Radu to him. "The military has technology to protect from zombies. Even from some zombies who can swim."

"Military? Like those guys earlier who killed poor Cassandra?" asks Ilie feeling angry which make Marcus slowly leaving this scene.

"Those were probably some who wanted to be a group!" says Radu. "You know, like those from the movies and video games?"

"...Military has killed a person earlier, and one who is a kid." says Ilie to Radu. "And I do have bad thoughts on this Military thing."

"So you consider... Leaving us alone?"

"I... I do not know... One side of me wants to trust the big guys, and others want to go on solo."

"It is your choice, Ilie. You decide what you do, alright?"

Radu goes to a container, and there he proceeds to open it, there, he sees a boat. This made him and Ilie very happy. But they also saw there a man, who is just standing there with a half empty whiskey bottle.

"Hello! How's it going?" says the man in Greek language.

"Are you in infected?" asks Radu in English instead of Romanian or Greek language.

"Wh-What?" asks the man in Greek and not understanding English. "What language is that?"

"Bite?" he asks Radu by showing his arms.

"Bite?... You mean you got a bite?" says the man terrified in Greek. "Get! Away from me!"

"Stop." says Radu coming close to him. "I am not infected."

"No!" says the Greek survivor. "You will not infect me!". He proceeds to aim his knife into his neck.

"NO! WAIT!" says Radu trying to stop him, but it was too late, the man has already stabbed his own neck, and he has fallen into a deep sleep until he will become a zombie.

Radu stays there, looking at the man corpse, speechless. Ilie is also there, he didn't believe what he just saw. A man who has killed himself in front of them, and he looked like he was fine. Radu takes some courage and goes to inspect the man body. After a few seconds, Radu sees a bite mark on his left arm. He immediately takes out the knife from that man throat, and he is preparing to stab him when he will become a zombie.

He waits a few seconds, and at the moment the man came back as a mindless creature, Radu is stabbing the creature in the brain zone, and he leaves the corpse laying on the container. After that, he thanked the corpse for the boat, and he said "Sorry!" that he was not able to save him.

"With only one boat we might be able to leave this part." says Radu after he helped Ilie carrying the boat to a dock.

"We?" he asks Ilie to Radu in an evil manner.

"What are you talking about?"

"I am sorry." says Ilie before he hit Radu in the head with the pistol, and he looks at him going unconscious only because of a hit. "But I have different plans."

He goes into the boat, he realizes he has a motor on it, he turns out by using the key who remained on the designated location, and he leaves the gang on that dock while he is making his own way to an island. While he was fleeing from the dock, Marcus and Claudia came to the dock when they have heard the motor sounds. When they saw Radu laying unconscious on the pontoon, they took him out of there and goes to the car.

"What the hell happened?" asks Alina when she saw Claudia and Marcus carrying Radu to the vehicle where Alin is staying.

"We had a traitor." says Claudia to Alina.

"What?"

"Someone from our team has taken a boat and flees from here!" says Claudia.

"Who was it?"

"I don't know! I wasn't there!" says Claudia again.

"I think it was Ilie." says Marcus. "He and Radu had an argument when I was with them. He probably found the boat, and he took it."

"Radu!" says Alin seeing his brother on the backseats of the vehicle. "What happened to him?! Who did this?!"

"Alin." says Alina to him. "You have got to calm down."

"Calm down!" yells Alin who was patrolling earlier, and he found a set of crutches. "My brother might be dead at this moment! And you tell me to calm down!"

"I... Am … not dead." says Radu who talks slowly. "... It is all... Ilie's fault." and then he goes back to the unconscious state.

"What?" says Alin who proceeds to shake him up because he thinks that he might awake him. "Brother? Brother?!"

"Alin." says Anakin putting his left hand on his shoulder. "You have got to let him. He is not dead."

"What?"

"Look." he says looking at Radu chests, and he can see it is still "working". "He is not dead. Only unconscious."

Alin leaves the vehicle, he goes to Marcus and Claudia, and he asks them where is Ilie's heading. But Alina has quickly stopped him because he has an injured leg and even if he were being able to swim to him, it will be impossible to catch him while he got a motorboat.

"We should go." says Ana coming to them while she is carrying a box with supplies. "Zombies are coming."

The survivors who are gathering at the vehicle, almost everyone who remained from this team, sees a bunch of zombies coming to Ana direction. They all proceed to enter in vehicles on this dock. The first car to leave is having Marcus, Alina, Ana and Claudia. The second one is carrying Alin, Radu and Laura. The last car who's leaving two minutes behind from them is having Klaus and Ho Lee who stayed behind to take a few weapons from the grounds of this dock.

All of these three cars are following Alina.

All ten of the reaming survivors are heading to the Athena airports or docks, where they are going to take or an airplane to an island, or a boat to an island.

1