Chapter 1
677 13 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In the middle of nowhere, a temple stood. It was beaten and battered, and it generally looked like it went through some hard times. It looked like it used to be a magnificent gold palace with jewels enlaced within. Inside the temple, a ragged priestess was kneeling to a statue. She looked skinny, her clothes were barely covering her once beautiful ivory skin. The statue, on the other hand, was of a handsome man, he wore a jacket, headphones, and wore an arrogant smirk. The priestess was mumbling incohesive mumbo jumbo under her breath. until finally, she started to say in an inhuman language “O Great God of Gaming, listen to my words, as your last believer, grant my humble wish, please for I am about to die.”After she said this, an aged voice rang throughout the temple, “I will grant you one wish of your choosing, for you have stuck with this old one for hundreds of years. Now tell me, what do you desire!” The priestess told her final wish in a hushed tone. After hearing her wish the God of Gaming grinned, “I hope the kid got it in him, hopefully, he won’t suffer that fate I have. Grid Choyoong, I give my power to you!” A flash of power bright enough to even burn the sun itself started to radiate from him. As he transfers his power. As suddenly as it came, the blinding light disappeared. The priestess smiled as her heart stopped. The old god heaved a sigh as he turned into dust and was carried away.

 

….

 

At the same time in a continent far away, a ball a blinding light entered an alleyway, it entered a kid sleeping in a corner. The kid was Grid Choyoong, he had long black hair that covered one eye, his skin was pressing upon his bones, he would look handsome if he wasn’t malnourished. He was an extremely poor kid. His parents abandoned him at a young age and he was forced to live a life of theft, as he didn’t get a lot to eat, he was extremely weak. If that wasn’t bad already, he was a cripple. He wasn’t a cripple in your normal sense, in this world there was magic and swords. In other words, a fantasy world. In this world instead of having levels, they had realms, Hunter, Soldier, General, Hero, and King. Of course, there is more, but the general public doesn't know much about it, so they can only speculate. Anyway, people are always born as a hunter realm, but Grid here, was born with no magic, so he is in a secret realm called cripple. Not only that, he was even weak among the other cripples!

As the light entered him, he felt a wave of intense pain, the pain only lasted for half a second, but it was enough to wake him up. Grid groggily woke up and leaned on the cramped walls of the alley. He thought ‘What the hell just happened? I swear I just felt a wave of pain hit me, eh I must have imagined it’. Just as he said that a box popped up in front of him, in the box there was a message, [Greetings Master Grid, would you like to know your stats? Y/N]. Just as he was about to answer, out of nowhere, a fist went straight through the box, the fist cut the wind near it. Instantly the fist hit its mark, an otherworldly pain hit Grid, and so did a flood of blood.

8