Chapter 20
1 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Waking up… is always painful at the start of the day nya."

I said while leaving the bed… I hate doing errands that will cause me to faint. I been doing a lot of them, I kinda want to do something for once that doesn't make me faint… ah there's one thing that doesn't let me faint… training.

1 month has passed in a quick time…

"... Ah…"

I immediately collapsed the moment I let go of Angel…

*Ting* (new sound effect for entering the world of consciousness.)

Nggn…

I looked around in the dark place, knowing where I am at the current time. I just sat on a chair I summoned…

"Oh, hello Alter."

I said while waving my hand. He waved his hand back before being shocked and looked at me with a weird expression.

"... You… you trained for 1 month straight? Without rest? And when you only rest is the time you fainted? I'm pretty sure you already got your soul split into 3… hey, why don't you-"

"No! As I repeat nya, never nya!!"

I shouted while cutting his statement off. I summoned a cup of tea and a table. I slowly sipped on the tea and calmed up…

"Ah yeah… very calming nya…"

I said while looking at him in a relaxed manner, he however is shaking, probably due to something that happened before…

*Ting*

Suelta opened a door and appeared just beside Alter.

"Hey, Atleus. Nice to see you, didn't think you would be this frequent in our place… hey, what's that your…"

He tried to walk towards me, but accidentally slipped on top of the table in front of me, which has tea on top of it… due to the shock, I didn't save the tea on time… this… maybe this place is a place that isn't even real, but still… that was a tea I hadn't drank for a month, this is the only place I can drink tea like that…

"*Sigh*... Hahahahahahahahahahaha!!!"

I laughed maniacally while slowing down time in this area…

"You want carnage? I give you carnage."

I said so while summoning Cheating machinations. I did a horizontal slash in which his body got split into two… before restoring his body just so he won't die.

"That was my tea nya…"

I said while sitting back on the chair, this time, with a stoic impression, as if the events in slowed time didn't happen. I also stopped slowing down time.

"Huh what-... Auggh… pain?"

Suelta look at his body, not seeing any injury, but he fainted soon after.

"... Ah, I will leave now… have fun?"

*Ting*

Alter entered his room while Suelta got teleported to his room… I sighed again before leaving my chair.

"... Again nya… what's wrong with this world?"

I let out a complaint, and then another sigh before returning back to my room in this place..

*Ting*

I looked at a throne, and sat on it… and slept the day away, by fainting of course… It's rare for me to naturally sleep, so rather than trying to do that, I just make myself… lose my consciousness… for a… moment… voluntarily……

"... Good morning."

I said to Angel before standing up and fixing my clothes… well, now, I still look like a girl don't I?

–You won't if you stop wearing clothes that makes you look like one.

Eh, too lazy. Also it's comfortable enough, so I don't care.

–... Why is it that if you wear appropriate men's clothing, you look like a boy, but if you wear some clothes that are much more girly, you look like a girl?

… Androgynous face, does that to a person. Also cause I had this mentally to act really normally with what I wear? And this time, I'm not even wearing skirts…

–["This time, I'm not even wearing skirts"… wait, so you did wear skirts before when doing this?]... I see…

Basically, if I had more clothing that is suited to a specific gender, most people would.assume that's my gender. Although technically, I'm pretty sure that my other clones, has a 50% chance to be female… and since… uh… I'm not technically a natural existence… they might have gone lazy and… {removed my gender just cause they can?}

–Androgynous, huh. [Let's not even ask what kind of special abilities he… or is it she has. At this point, we just assume Atleus was a he due to his clothing… so isn't he… he doesn't have a gender?]

{... Well, yep. I technically don't have a gender. Preferred pronouns are they/them, but I'm fine with being called a girl or a boy.}

"Hmm… I should go to Lea then."

I said to myself before sliding the door open… Lea was there…

"Hey… before you go, I have an errand… where did they go?"

{Did she… of course she read my mind. Anyway, I don't really know how to leave… Nggn… my head…}

"Can you faint for me? I need to do a medical checkup, and this one requires you to be not awake… Hehehe…"

I heard faintly… before fainting……

*Ting*...

"Oof nya…"

I fell from a top place, and hit the ground quite painfully…

"... No one is here? Oh great."

I moved away from the spot where I had fallen before summoning a chair and a table… and most importantly, summoning myself a cup of tea. Ah great, there's no way…

As I started to put my hand into the teacup's handle, someone fallen from the sky, causing my tea to spill…

"..."

I sighed at this moment and stood up, turned the chair around and summoned another tea, similar to the one that got spilled earlier… 

{Suelta, why did you fell? You ruined a tea, but since I wasn't enjoying it at the moment that happened, I let this one barely slide…}

I tried to drink the tea, but feeling an imminent sense of repeating variables, I left the chair and stood up, still keep the teacup that has tea in it perfectly fine… soon after, an Alter suddenly slides through the floor and hit my chair that I left earlier, causing the chair to break… I took a sip from my tea… yep, tastes really good nya…

"Does everyone just doesn't like me to drink tea or something?"

I let out a complaint while completely drinking the hot tea in one go… that's hot, but I rather I don't enjoy it completely, rather than have my hopes and will shattered as someone-

A diving Suelta and an Alter both hug me at the same time, causing all of us to fall and hit the floor… good thing I really dranked it all, huh?

"Oof… heavy nya…"

I said while teleporting, a 3 meter distance away is created by me artificially.

{... If I touch them both for more than 4 seconds, I will immediately start to become one with them, so I can't risk it… good thing they only touched me for 0.3 seconds.}

"Also… why are you wearing that?"

Alter asked me while looking at me, both confused and surprised.

"Cause it's comfortable?"

I said bluntly.

"Well… maybe if you just don't wear that type of clothes at all… and why do you wear shorts so short that your top clothing, which is for some reason black, is hiding it?"

"Cause it's just comfortable? Also it's called a Jacket. Angel taught me how it looked, and I just copied what it looks using concentration."

I said while turning around… yeah, now that I think about it… both Suelta and Alter here wear different clothes, don't they? One wears a big shirt and some shorts as short as the one I'm wearing, this one is Suelta… and Alter wears an outfit, close to a butler. And for some reason, he has a cat tail…

"But… what is that you're wearing under the jacket?"

Alter asked the real question…

"An oversized T-shirt at almost the exact size as the jacket, although it doesn't really match the sleeves of the jacket because, it's not supposed to do that."

"Group hug-... Did he just misdirect me?"

No, I just made myself not exist in the room for a split second before actually doing a misdirection… anyway… I should get back to my own room.

*Ting*

I sat on the throne and closed my eyes as I imagined the time… before being three… we are one, but even though technically one, I am split into 4… so 4 clones, 3 versions of myself… so by this… It means I'm quite a common existence, huh… why am I… feeling… sleepy?...

……

"Good night."

I faintly heard someone I'm not familiar with said… before I slept the day off… who?......

"Don't worry… haha… I'm just another person that existed because of a cat… nya."

Good night…

I looked around… what's this place?

A place that feels like a void, yet it isn't a void due to the fact I'm in it… a dream? Did I really slept?

"... Probably."

The scenery immediately changes… on the left, a person, someone who looks close to me, but taller… appeared with a sword that is resembling Angel. On the right a person similar to an Angel appeared, flying with wings that are disconnected to their body. The swords they both have are legendary swords known in legends… or folklore. The Angel here however doesn't have eyes around it…

"This place… Leus. The place we first met, and the place we will last meet."

The one with wings said so while having a very sad expression, but it didn't matter…

"*Sigh*... At the end of the day. This would have happened. I knew it would happen. But I didn't think it would be this late. Hehehehehe, scared to face me? I guess you are."

As the one, the one who has Angel in their hands said while having a pretty disappointed expression… what happened?

"Well, time's up for taking a rest… hmm… why do you have that useless sword anyway."

The one with wings, said as Cheating machinations appeared in their hand. And they immediately flied towards the one that has Angel.

"My name is Theo. Guess that… you're at my service then?"

Theo said, before slashing diagonally downwards, causing a rift in space to appears in which stopped the one with wings tracks.

"Already knew that, you fool… but I guess we never told it to anyone else. My name is… is…"

The Angel started to stutter while looking like they forgotten something important.

"Ah… you've forgotten your name… great. Isn't it like… Ilyertalis or something? Who even names you like that?"

Theo asked while looking at Ilyertalis with a confused tone… hmm…

"... Still, where the hell am I?"

I muttered to myself while I kept watching the events unfold.

"Unfortunately… I don't really know either. It's just too unnatural for this world. And I guess… our future visitor would want info right?"

Future… visitor?

"Hahahaha… let them be. I wondered why both of us are having a conversation in the middle of our last fight anyway?… Wing mode, Blade mode… combine."

Blade mode… combine?... Sounds like good info.

"1 minute is the limit. Think you can survive till then?"

Theo said while his body started to brightly shine, and as the light dimmed off, Theo's body is now… still the same, but there's a visible wing behind him and a crown on top of his head.

"... Seriously weird. Why couldn't I? Change mode: Bow."

Cheating machinations turned into a bow. The difference between us and his is that the blade somehow split in many pieces and is now covering the gears… I wish I had those.

"My arrows… never miss!!"

Ilyertalis immediately shot three magic arrows as Theo quickly flied off in the air, quickly doing impossible movements that broke reality… they're getting faster… faster and faster to the point that I don't know what's happening…

*Woosh, Fwoosh, ting, Thud, kriing, and other sounds*

Metal sparkings, shockwaves everywhere, somehow they seem to be getting even faster…

{This is a recreation. To see that my… no, a specific battle in the past… is not something I think I want to do. But I guess… at the end of it all… they're abusing the world's combo system, aren't they?}

This is a dream anyway, so might as well…

I tried to slow down time, but it didn't do anything… well, I guess so.

I tried to walk forward, but the moment I do so, I got teleported somewhere…

"... Too surreal for a dream."

I muttered while summoning a throne… I looked at the one in front of me. A girl, I don't really know who they are… they look like a girl, but I take my chances and just say that their gender is unknown.

"Hey, Atleus. Hell-... Why do you look like a girl? Eh, no matter. My name is…"

(Cliffhanger.)

0