Chapter 35
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

… Hmm…

"Leus. A normal student at this magic academy, nice to meet you!"

I said in a cheerful way as I did a cheerful smile.

"... I don't think you're normal. Aren't you the one who burned the scarecrow, supposedly with 40 Great fireballs? No normal person, not unless they spent hours of effort, can effortlessly make 40 Great Fireballs in one action."

She said some facts to me while fixing her hair… 

"Hmm? I'm a specialist, I can't do anything other than fire magic, so of course I can do something as easy as that. Aren't magic specialists always like that? And beside, Great Fireball is only a tier 2 magic spell, it isn't by any means powerful, it's only useful for locking out enemies, or be useful-"

"Hold your voice there, captain. I don't know how you imitate a boy's voice so much, but I'm pretty sure you're a girl. No way you aren't. Also how do you use Great Fireballs?... Seems to be that you use it much more than how it's typically used by a normal mage, even by my standard, not chanting magic spells is quite hard…"

–... Fix it.

Ah, sure. Will…

"Ah! Seems to be that class will be starting in the next 30 minutes. Wake your…"

I looked into the one that was still on my bed… I teleported to her and looked at her face, I then teleported to the front door and looked into the one's who's awake… twins?

"... Wake your sister there and have a nice day, see ya!"

I quickly dashed off, not explaining why I can use teleportation…

–Should work… anyway…

No. I'm not eating breakfast. I would just run until I reach 10 minutes into the timer.

20 minutes later. I quickly started to run into the classroom. Good thing that I have exactly 299 seconds.

–... Yeah, yeah.

I reached the classroom on time… *sigh*... Why am I on the highest floor anyway?

I sat on a seat that hasn't been taken yet, the farthest corner from the room, being close to only to the window to my left… hmm… yep, very average height at the highest floor of 4.

10 minutes passed and every seat was now filled with people… I won't count them too with a detailed explanation, but basically 27, excluding me.

A door opened and a Teacher appeared. A woman with a Pink hair and glasses, she has cat ears… I think?… wait… isn't that the one I met yesterday?

–... 100% yes.

Oh, great… I'm sure she won't notice me as there's many other cat… there's only 4 cat beastsman's here?... Most are wolves or dogs…

"My name is Arruelle. And as you know, I'm the headmaster, but from that look everyone is giving me, I'm pretty sure you already knew that."

… No I didn't, I read a blank book instead of listening to personal speeches.

–Not our fault when it's so boring.

Yeah… and also… I won't even question the fact that there's twins in the supposedly "two only people rooms"... Maybe it's just cause they had too many students and I'm unlucky enough to…

"So, how does fire magic work? Can you tell us, Leus?"

… Let me think of my own problems first, Teacher.

I stood up and quietly opened a blank book.

"Fire magic works by heating up the mana in the air until it causes an unknown phenomenon known as fire, this fire can only stay for a moment such as 5 seconds to 1 minute, unless the mage that wants to use it actively prolongs it."

I gave a pretty standard definition and a fact about fire magic, although I did it in such a way that I read a book, making it so that I basically read the book in order to give the answer.

"... Let me look into that book of yours."

Suddenly, the Headmaster teleported behind me and looked at the book, but I closed it, trying to hide that it's just a blank book… it doesn't have words in it.

"... Oh. Since you cheated, I guess you don't get to show your intellect."

I faintly heard before she teleported back to her position and wrote something in the board behind her.

"There you have it, students. Fire magic, one of the four basic elements, is like that. For now, why don't we go outside?"

She said so while the entire class got teleported outside, I expected this so I sat on the air, using a mana platform to do so. Everyone else just fell however.

I quietly stood up while waiting for Arruelle's instruction, I can't actually leave until the class is over…

"Since it's our official first class for the students here, why don't we do a practical exam? First you can use any magic, but fire magic is advised at this moment as it's the one we only talked about just earlier."

She said so and I was immediately alarmed that everyone had already finished chanting their magic and assaulted me with numerous magic spells, so I quietly made 20 Fireballs to cover me in a dome, like a barrier, but inefficient… it gets the job done.

–Current concentration is 99%.

"Tch, to think the best-"

I made 1 Great Fireball to hit everyone here, excluding the the teacher.

"... Don't try to bother me when I read."

I muttered while opening the blank book.

*Clap, Clap, Clap*

"Leus. That's such a great performance. Anyway wind magic is-"

I skipped a few matters as they are too simple to understand, and by that, I won't care.

–We already know it anyway.

"And that's it. That's all the four basic elements of magic, it's an oversimplification, but I'm sure everyone is fine here… especially Leus who is unscathed."

I heard a faint chuckle and accidentally kicked the one behind me, causing them to faint…

"Your laughter is disgusting. I did it unconsciously."

I said as a way to console myself while everyone got teleported back to the classroom, with their injuries no longer gone… Group teleport + Group Heal?... She's quite great, using different magic spells at the same time.

"Anyway, wake up all. There's still some time before class is over. Specifically 3 more hours, but since it's the first day, I will just give you an assignment to do and let you be for now."

Everyone's table suddenly had a paper in which magic symbols were in it. Which magic symbol emblem… is this?... These are just simple questions.

I quickly answered it and gave it to the teacher.

"Fire magic… fire magic… fire… hey! Not everything here is fire magic, you know?!"

She shouted at me as if I did something bad… but really… I pointed to one of the magic symbols and faintly said the few words…

"Fire… Fireball… Great Fireball… Firaball… Great Firaball…"

I did every magic spells that is written in the magic symbols on the paper and wasted 4% of my concentration just to demonstrate that everything there is fire magic.

"... I must have given you the wrong paper…"

She just said faintly and the door automatically opened… Did she just use wind magic for this? Know what? I won't bother to ask.

"Thanks, Teacher."

I said as I left the room…

*Thud*

I closed the door.

"*Sigh*..."

I sighed as I felt like I wasted 3 hours of my life, learning the basics of magic…

I walked towards the library. If I get rid of my presence, it would be found out that it is me who actually entered the secret library yesterday, so for sure, I won't do it…

I teleported to the secret library. Yep, I knew it, the entrance I used to get here is closed, so I teleported here.

I now lightly stepped on the floor, causing my presence to vanish here…

Which book do I need for now…

–... Fire magic. I'm sure we can find the tier 5 magic spell, Firagaball… [I keep thinking that the one who made the magic spells are Final Fantasy fans.]

"I know its name… but I don't know how it is constructed, I know its magical symbols, but I never knew its constructional magic crest…"

"Constructional magic crest" is the root of magic spells, it's basically how you use that magic, it doesn't matter if you know the name or anything, if you can't even know something simple as knowing the constructional magic crest of a magic spell, you can't use it.

"... Hmm… ah, found it."

Fire-... Headmaster is here again.

"Hmm… the fire magic book is missing… let me guess, is it Leus? Nah, I don't think she is you… after all, she's a fire mage specialist, and no way in hell can a fire mage can easily defeat me…"

Oh?... You're making a bet?... Let's see… Firagaball's constructional magic crest is here… all I had to do is remember it and try to do it chantless… hmm… let's see…

2 hours later.

–Are you done yet?

……… Hmm… so by doing this, you can now do it chantless. Oh great, I can now use Firagaball… at the cost of 9% of my concentration per one of them… Great Firagaball cost is 27% as it's 3 times stronger than a normal Firagaball, making it cost 3 times more… I'm gonna be a normie and just spam Great Fireball then… but for the bet…

I teleported to the area where I bullied everyone with a Great Fireball.

"Hmm? Here?"

I lightly stepped on the ground before she could see who I was. She looked towards me curiously. Seems that she saw me in 0.1 seconds when my presence was back due to teleportation.

I dropped the book that is titled "Fire mages normal magic spells that a mage in the level of Great mage should know."... This book is quite thick.

"Oh… A fire magic focused book? I see. For now… what are you gonna do?"

What am I gonna do?... Just a risky plan.

–Of course. It's always the one with risks that makes it more fun.

I casually stopped hiding my presence, I would get caught anyway…

"A bet you made. No way in hell a Fire mage can defeat you? Hahahahahahaha…"

I laughed for a while… I stopped laughing while acting like I was chanting something.

"Firaga?"

She asked, but all I did was…

"Icycles."

I said the name of a Tier 3 Ice magic spell and she got targeted by the spell, it is however blocked by a barrier she made on the spot…

"Oh? I thought you're gonna use-"

While she was talking, I immediately made 10 Great Firaballs to target her, but suddenly, she stepped her feet to the ground, causing the air to become increasingly cold, and my Great Firaballs disappeared as the place was so cold that they couldn't exist in the environment…

–Current concentration is 66%...

A faint chuckle from her was heard by me, and suddenly, she was behind me.

"Hehehe… you who are foolish, think that you can win against a sorcerer? Do you really think that you, a student, can win against me who is higher than you in everything?"

Higher than me in everything?... Do you think you have more than 5 legendary weapons?

I summoned Emelas and tried to stab her from behind me. Unfortunately, she moved away before I could hit her with the currently burning sword.

"Oh? A sharp weapon… but do you think you can hit me when I can teleport everywhere? Don't forget you're in my domain, you can't leave, even if you want to…"

Do you think restraining my teleportation would have helped you? I stabbed Emelas that was burning to the ground and the ice domain that is at least 100 meters around me started to melt…

I summoned another sword, it's name is Obliteius.

"... Obliteius? Oh? I didn't think someone could actually-"

I dashed towards her, creating a trail of darkness and as I got closed to her, I did a stab, but she easily avoided it by teleporting to my left, I then did a spinning slash after the stab and since I'm hitting the air, no way in hell would I get stabbed from doing this… cold… a trail of Darkness followed my slashes, making it so that she can't approach me for a moment, but she doesn't need to as a big Icicle is above me. I summoned Angel, and threw him upwards to slice the Icicle in half as Angel can destroy magic. I got into the middle of the icicle and used it to go in the air, I grabbed Angel in the air and since she is using ice magic to home towards me, I made Angel spin sideways while I was going down, protecting me from magic I could have been hit by. I stabbed Angel into the icy and cold ground as I stepped into it… I can't hide my presence either as it won't matter to her, she could somehow feel where I am if she just made the ice on the ground too brittle, causing me to make a noise, no matter how much I did walk.

"... Are you sure you're a fire mage or a Swordsman?"

She asked me a question but I didn't bothered to answer her back as I summoned Cheating machinations and changed It into a bow, making the blade of the sword orbit me. I shoot one weak magic arrow towards her, but she blocked it with a barrier.

"Now a bow?... Are you really sure you're a fire mage?"

I changed back Cheating machinations to a sword and made the gears do a "X" pattern behind me, the sword then floated behind me, spinning closer to me sideways.

"... Okay… I'm done playing around."

A Giant Icicle appeared from the sky, one that I couldn't avoid as I can't teleport… but who cares? I have 3 seconds before it hits me…

–Ready? You currently have 64% concentration.

I grabbed Angel that I stabbed in the ground and quietly said…

"Angel mode… X Cheating machinations."

My clothing changed to the white armour as 24 gears and 18 Artifacts appeared behind me, Angel's hilt became a crown. There's a crown on top of my head, as the case everytime I use Angel mode.

–Eh?! How did you know that?!

I read your mind.

–... You could have asked.

But you will hid it till I'm a great mage due to the Concentration usage right?... Oh yeah… I can only stay here for under 18 seconds or I will faint…

–Yeah. That's why I don't want you to use it.

Anyway…

I used the Artifacts behind me to quickly flied upwards and slashed the Big Icicle, causing it to vanish as the Headmaster looked at me with a great shock, I immediately dropped down by using the Artifacts and flied towards her, she tried to avoid me, by teleporting, but I guessed where she will teleport and got there, as I got there, I immediately used 18 gears to restrain her…

"... Light and Dark… Firaga."

I combined 3 elements (Light, Dark, Fire: 3 elements) which is only possible if I am in Angel mode, or hyper focus. The latter is not really something I want to use as I don't currently have a way to mitigate the concern that all of my emotions might get deleted.

She got hit by the super Firaga, and she fainted…

"Light and Dark… Full heal."

The highest tier of Heal magic spells and 3 elements(Heal, light and Dark: 3 elements), followed by two elements healed her… 10 seconds left… also I'm forced to use Light, Dark "elements" in Angel X Cheating machinations mode… it's stupid, I know… but Angel mode also has a plus, in which fire doesn't need to be a ball… which is why I made a Firaga, not a Firagaball… {I think that's how it works… probably.}

I cancelled the mode…

–Current concentration… 10%... It's expected since you use a Super firaga and a Super full heal… for now… go back into your dorm… and ignore the cold you're feeling.

"Nggn…"

I grabbed Emelas that was stabbed by me into the ground and put it back into my ring. I also put Cheating machinations to my ring before teleporting to my bed…

"..."

And closed my eyes…

–Good Afternoon.

0