Chapter 39
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Organization done…

–... There's at least 20 book pages sorted. What the hell are pages doing-…

*Tring*

A bell noise is heard as the floor suddenly glowed…

"This… academy is just Sorting: the game, isn't it?"

I quickly said to Angel as I got teleported to an unknown place.

–... You organized things on that library, it opened the real library, now you organized things again…

Well… it's a plus, considering that this place… is an Altar for a sword… Why didn't she give this to me? And if I'm right… this is… Oatheus.

I looked at the white sword with a gaze of boredom, I touched the handle of the sword, but refused as it felt too fake.

–... This one is an illusion.

I can't see if it is an illusion, but there's my gut feeling that it is… and this feeling of something as a trap is making me cautious…

I summoned Obliteius and swinged it lightly… the trail of darkness didn't come out at all…

"..."

{... Huh?}

–... Try using Cheating machinations.

I summoned Cheating machinations and the gears immediately fell to the ground… tch, as expected, there doesn't seem to be a way to use legendary weapons in this place…

I put them back at their own respective rings and drew the sword that was at my waist.

What to do… what to do?... Do I risk it, or not…

–Let me guess… it be more fun to do this, than not right?

"Well, yes."

I grabbed Oatheus that was floating in front of me and immediately jumped backwards as it felt like I would get stabbed at the position I'm currently at, and as expected, I almost did got stabbed, almost getting stabbed by a big spike appearing from the ground to be exact.

Immediately, I looked around and since there's something above me blocking the light, I immediately side stepped and avoided a spike coming from the air…

Using the Oatheus in my left hand… I quietly said its name…

"Oatheus."

The sword shined brightly and a barrier of light appeared around me. The spikes got stopped by the barrier, for a second, before it broke by another spike coming from behind me.

I immediately flipped to my left to dodge the spikes that were targeting me before doing a spin slash, making a white trail in the space that destroyed spikes appearing around me.

–... How to escape… there should…

Suddenly, a person appeared in front of me, just as tall as me, but wearing a white hood as well as clothes I don't recognize…

"Oatheus. That's my sword. If you-"

I tried to kill the person while he was talking by slicing his head off, but a white barrier appeared in front of me that stopped me from doing so.

"... Can't even wait for my dialogue to finish huh? Impatient as hell, then let's go!!"

Suddenly, the scenery changed as the ground became Dark, before it glowed for a second, showing a pretty limited space that is 40 Meters in a circle. Obliteius, or a copy of it is in his right hand.

I carefully switched my clothes as it seems to be that I'm able to use concentration again, my dress changed back to a hairpin and I hid it while quickly wearing a set of uniform in under a second.

"... Impatient? No, I'm doing it on purpose to make sure you don't waste my time on useless dialogues."

I said aloud while putting Oatheus to my right hand… as soon as I said that, he immediately dashed towards me and did a stab, in which I evaded be moving to the left and I did a duck as he did a horizontal slash to continue his attacks, after that, I tried to do a quick hit to make him get away from me, but since I was on a crouching position, I immediately just teleported away.

"... Difficulty: max."

Suddenly, he teleported behind me without me even feeling it before I was too late and I got slashed behind me, causing me to be injured and knowing that, I immediately put some mana to Oatheus and it made a white barrier to protect me… Nggn… that was quite painful… tch…

–... Do you need to use heal?

… Already did.

The barrier around me vanished and I did a horizontal slash in front of me, hoping to hit him, but he teleported behind me, which I expected he would do again this time, so I teleported above him and did a falling slash, somehow I was avoided as it seems to be that he jumped backwards, making it so that he's on front me.

"Suggestion: blocking."

I didn't followed what he said and just dashed straight at him, doing a horizontal slash, but he teleported away, my response to his immediate action is that I immediately turned around while doing another slash, which actually hit him, causing him to bleed a little, but for some reason, the blood that is on the ground is too similar to mine…

"Hahaha…"

–! Left.

I immediately made a barrier to my right and turned to my left, doing a slash and since I grabbed the person, I threw them to the wall behind me, causing them to bounce off the wall due to the world's combo system.

I did 6 quick stabs before a horizontal slash, followed by a quick overhead slash, I then did another horizontal slash to make him bounce of the ground and I did 3 slashes, one vertically downward slash, one horizontal slash again, and a slash that needs me to both jump to carry the opponent and me to the air, I called it an up slash.

I made a platform under me and using that, I grabbed him again and threw him against the invisible wall again, and I made both the wall stop being there, as I reached the ground, and did a spin slash as the combo ender.

–Couldn't you do the stomp to kick to wall bounce to 4 Slashes to 6 stabs ended with a horizontal and do a spin slash at the end?

… Well let's just-!

I immediately jumped backwards while making a white sphere barrier cover me using Oatheus. Somehow, I blocked a black spike from almost hitting my neck.

–... What? He's still alive?

"Kuugh… pain… pain…"

The one who is unnamed stood up rather wobbly using the sword that he has on his hand as support… I wanted to kill him, but there's just something in me that doesn't want that…

–I don't think he will be alive, I'm pretty sure he's 99% dead, and I doubt that-

I casted Full heal on the one whose name isn't revealed yet. He looked at me in shock, as if I did something foolish.

–You'll regret this.

… What do I do then? I need to see the dialogue.

"... Foolish Clone of mine… I didn't think you would actually do that… do you have some problem killing someone that looks like you or something?"

A voice, different from before is heard, a certain calmness is in it, yet there's also a sense of arrogance in his voice.

"Hm? Sorry, I hadn't looked in the mirror for a while, so I don't remember my face."

I just said to explain while I looked around… the scenery changed again… the circle became a bit bigger and it has illustrations, and there's me in it, and also him, we both have our backs against each other… Oatheus is in his  right hand, while I have Obliteius in my right hand.

"This place is the place known as the place of unconsciousness. Once you grab Oatheus, you are immediately transported here, but that doesn't really matter now, does it?"

He asked in a rather sarcastic tone at the end.

"Don't bother to ask when you know the answer."

I said as a retort when suddenly, Obliteius appeared in my hand, making Oatheus go away…

"Now… the introduction is now over…"

He was who was in front of me, turned around and looked at the dark abyss…

I turned around too as I closed my eyes…

–... Dark and light…

I'm the darkness inside myself… and the one I'm fighting is my light… that means I was actually split into 4 instead of 3?

–... No this is a version of you created by Oatheus.

Huh… reassuring then…

I opened my eyes… feeling focused, but not too much to the point that I'm losing my emotions…

"Go."

I quietly muttered and immediately turned around as I did a slash.

*Fwoosh*

But it was dodged by the enemy teleporting and going behind me, in which I actually let go of Obliteius and jumped off, Obliteius flew off to the abyss, only to hit a barrier and be stuck there as I avoided a slash that has white trails following it.

As I soon reached the ground, I immediately run and avoided a spike appearing from the ground and I teleported to grab Obliteius that was stuck on the barrier protecting us from leaving this unconscious place.

I did a spin slash, causing a black trail to follow the sword and making a black circle around me, I did a slide to go under the black trail and rushed towards my light self before doing a slash, in which I didn't hit him as he dodged, so he tried to counterattack me with a sword slash of his own, but I anticipated that and quickly did a sweep, but that was also expected by him so he did a hop to barely avoid my sweep, while he was in the air, he's doing a descent slash.

(A descent slash is a slash done, in which is basically a slash going vertically straight downwards to carry enemies that are in the air, back to the ground, causing a ground bounce in the process which can be used to do a combo, or extend one if "prorations", isn't low enough.)

I avoided by teleporting it, but he was already behind me, in which I immediately made a barrier using Obliteius, but like dark and light, the barrier was immediately broken just by Oatheus touching the barrier…

"Get away."

I did a horizontal slash, causing a black trail to appear in front of me which made him go away… Uggh… even though I have semi hyper focus, he's still faster than me slightly in magic spell usage…

Wing blade. 

I used a modified magic spell in which caused 6 wind swords to appear around me, spinning in my waist as I dashed towards the person, wind isn't light, nor dark, so it isn't affected by both, but it also can't affect them either… so it's a disadvantage, but I just need the blades for a combo anyway…

I did an overhead slash, it was avoided, so I continued it by doing a horizontal slash, and he jumped back, I did a stab using Obliteius to counter that, but that was parried by him making both of our swords touch each other… the shape of the trail is a + with a - in the middle to where I stabbed meaning…

I immediately made a mana bow and made a magic arrow… I shot it through the trail before it vanishes and it was coated with darkness, although it doesn't matter at the end as it was avoided by him…

–... [I won't bother the fight… I'm not there anyway.]

I ignored that and did a slash as I teleported in front of him, but he avoided it, I did a sweep and he was actually hit by that.

… I grabbed him from the ground and threw him into a mana wall I made just behind him, causing him to bounce off the wall and get hit multiple times by the wind blades, twice? 100 times?... 2 seconds passed and the swords deactivated as I wasted 5% concentration and I did 3 slashes, making an X symbol with a horizontal slash in the middle, I then did an up slash to carry him into the air, and immediately did a "descent slash", as it wasn't even 0.2 seconds as I did my descent slash, the black trails are still active and hit him once before vanishing, as he almost reached the ground, I immediately stomped on his body numerous time before kicking him into the wall again, causing a wall bounce, I then did 5 slashes making a pentagram (five pointed object), and as I did that, I did 6 stabs, followed by a horizontal slash before doing an overhead slash, I then did a spin slash and as he was still stucked there for 0.2 seconds…

I made another mana bow using 2% concentration, like it matters since I'm inside me and concentration can't be used here…

I quickly teleported while doing a stance for shooting… 0.1 seconds… I aimed at him and shot an arrow to end this combo.

"And hit."

I muttered lightly as the arrow quickly flew towards its target, him and pierced his heart.

–And that's it. Let's go…

"... Nggn… that hurts…"

A faint voice is heard by the light me… I quickly teleported to him and grabbed his arm, I tried to do a full heal, but… somehow, I can't use magic…

"Let me die, please… I'm only created for a test anyway…"

I ignored his warning and tried to cast full heal, but to no avail… hey… I need you… I don't want to lose something important, even if it's not really me…

"... Full heal."

A familiar voice is heard casting a magic spell behind me, Yvonne… thanks.

I suddenly got teleported away as I felt a headache…

"Nggn… concentration is 99%... Why is it that I'm feeling mind pain?"

I said as a complaint while looking at the sword in my hand… Oatheus… but it's not for me. I'm currently only able to use Obliteius…

I put it in one of the rings, and immediately collapsed as I returned back to the headmaster's room… Arruelle is her name, but the name of the room is "Headmaster's room" so I won't call it anything else.

0