Chapter 46
0 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Class ended as usual, boring, and things I already know. But apparently, this academy is for mages… and above, but most are mages, who just either learned magic by intuition, or just read a magic book carelessly and somehow was able to do magic, that's why the first 2 months are easy, I predicted, after that it's uncertain territory, and I won't experience that, as I will be leaving in the next month.

{... I suppose I should ask Lea since I don't have anything to do currently. After that, I can read some books.}

*Tzzt, tzzt*

_If you say so, then, I found a legendary weapon just 3 years earlier… it requires, specifically uh, some ice, and I guess enough cold so one of the most purest fire can be frozen._

{… A Fire sword huh?... I would rather have a wind elemental sword instead though.}

_… Well, unfortunately, I didn't any wind elemental swords yet, if I found one, I would point the location to you then, for now, bye._

The call was now over.

–I don't know how the conversation went, but it seems you can get a new sword, isn't that nice?

Is it?... I already have something better. It's called Angel.

–aaah, you make you blush… unfortunately, I don't have a face and I'm just a sword that has eyes in it. Apparently, I also had some intimidation and slight nausea effect to people who seen my eyes… I wonder why you didn't get caught by it?

{Cause… I wasn't scared of you, you saved my life, after all.} Hmm, must be magic.

–[ah yes…] makes sense.

Our small conversation was over, so I quickly opened the window that was beside me, and almost jumped out, but one of the two doors to enter this room was opened.

"*Pant* *Pant*... Hey, Your name is Leus right? I challenge you to see who is the better fire specialist, meet me at the place where students are testing their magic and fight me there at midnight. Toodles."

Toodles to you too, I guess.

I waved back at him, and he left. Hmm… now, there seems to be that it will be fun for-

"Atleus, I need some help-"

I grabbed a demon named Leon, and threw her as I made a portal to her Castle. You made me waste 70% of my concentration for that, better be not asking me that question again in the next one second.

–... That was quick.

It was annoying, of course… hmm… I will sleep off the remaining hours before midnight. As I don't want to actually bear this headache I'm feeling, anyway, have fun.

*Ting*

"..."

I summoned a tea cup with some tea and also summoned a table as I sat down on my throne, but for some reason, I'm not feeling regret when I'm touching it…

"Huh?... Did I lose the feeling of regret nya?..."

I asked, but nobody answered… I quickly made the tea cup disappear as I quickly left the throne and just walked to my bed, before lying down… ahh… it's so… nice… but I'm confused as…

"Don't you like it, the feeling of not having to regret anymore?"

A remnant of my mind… too many of it, in fact… Do I like to not feel regret?... I would be deemed as heartless if that's the case…

"So what?... It isn't like you are heartless… I guess in the end of the day…"

The dream that never appeared for a while now, will haunt me till death.

"Oh, now you're starting to be worried. Hehehe, don't worry, we, as a you who are made of smaller regrets, still exist, we won't die even if you don't regret anymore, but I guess we can't talk to you anymore if something damaged us… including Altera."

A saddened voice… well, that doesn't… huh… my vision…

"... You've been too long being a cat right? Well, I guess it's starting… a new dream you haven't seen before…"

My consciousness… ah……

… Where?

I looked around, I seen nothing, I was in a room… I can move, but I'm stuck on a bed… I can move, but I can't see… why?

"Beginning-"

The first thing I decided to do was to immediately move away from the bed and grab the man who had said that. I then stole his lab coat before running away, only wearing the lab coat as a cover for my body.

"The specimen escaped! Activate the alarms."

The entire area I was around on suddenly started to blink in red as it felt strangely familiar that this happened before…

"Found it!! Trying to capt-"

*Thud!!*

I opened the door beside me earlier as I was running and entered the room and closed it…

"..."

I looked around in the room, somehow able to lock the door and I seen something… a black jacket with shorts only reaching half of the thighs… wait… isn't this the one I was using?... It's nearly identical, except my shorts are shorter than this… I quickly wore the clothes in under 5 seconds, they're easy to wear, and I'm still fast, but not as fast as the normal me. I threw the lab coat of the ground, and decided to open the window, I looked outside and noticed I was fairly high… I don't think my body can survive a fall from this height, even if I'm a cat beastman… and how is it so tall? It shouldn't be possible for a building-

"The door was opened, quick enter!!"

I heard something from the other side of the door, and with no hesitation, I jumped off the roof immediately. But I made sure to close the window on the other side so that they won't notice me actually jumping off.

"... Experiment number 3 was lost, requesting back-up to find the subject."

… I didn't get what they're saying in detail, but I understood that they're talking about requesting "back-up" to find me, meaning back-up is probably a group, or something to help them find me…

*Slip*

My hand slipped, and I immediately fell.

I'm fine falling, but I don't think I can survive falling from this height, considering I'm falling for 4 seconds right now, it seems to be that I would die with 99% certainty if I hit a normal ground… hmm…

I quickly saw a wire appearing in my vision for a few seconds while falling, and grabbed that. After doing that, I gently grabbed on the walls of a building I'm somehow familiar with, but not remembered, and I pierced them lightly by using my fingers and making claws appear.

"..."

I quickly got on top of the building… Who helped me? I didn't know, but it's probably someone who has an ulterior motive… like…

"Climb cat, and then fall, that way, you won't regret seeing life, once and for more."

Ah, sorry… I can't talk at the moment so…

I just fell, and as I was close to reaching the ground, I finished up the counterplan, by, dying, of course.

"..."

Weird, but it seems to be that I didn't die… but a portal transported before I died… hmm… my vision is darkening…

"Nggn…"

That's a rather short memory re-experienced and retold by me.

I stood up and left the area of consciousness.

*Ting*

"It's close?"

–4 more minutes.

Eh, too much time to get there.

I opened the window, and quickly reached the ground safely.

And I'm here.

I guess I should move a bit.

I walked while I was fixing my gloves positioning and started to dust off my uniform with my hands rather uselessly.

Hmm… challenges are fun to deal with, but I guess this time it's a choice, huh… well, who am I to say that I have a choice? It be fine, I don't think they can win if they don't have at least a Tier 5 spell or above.

I drew my sword out of my waist, I guess I can also use this to practice my sword coating, well like it matters anyway.

"Oh, you're here? Didn't keep me-"

I silently charged at him, doing a quick horizontal slash before I passed through him.

"Waiting… hauaaghahaj!!"

Suddenly, his voice changed to that of a demonic beast… a demonic beast isn't a demon, it's a term for "Unrecognizable or Demonized" monsters, it's usually used to describe the latter meaning, but the former does have some occasional use.

"How did you?-!"

I lightly coated the sword that is in my hand with mana and summoned the 6 replica artifacts to hover over the ground.

"Such useless creature. You're more of a hindrance to me, than to anyone else. Please unrecognizable controller of people, can you just… Stop annoying me?"

I used 2 of the replica artifacts to fly towards him as I did a quick diagonal slash, I then quickly got on top of him by using 4 artifacts.

"Hehehe, die and try again in a better save file."

I said so while I covered my hands in mana, before I grabbed the demonic beast possessing a fire specialist and just removed him from the body, before using a Tier 3 Spell called "Fira".

"Burn in a pillar of fire? No, die on a pillar of fires."

I made more pillars of fire using Fira and it caused me at least 5% of my concentration.

I quietly settled the unconscious kid who wants to challenge me, and just lightly, kick him for making me deal with that being, before quickly leaving like I wasn't there.

"Tch… I thought she was here… but all we…"

I didn't hear much as I was going farther away while the rule regulators were saying that.

–... Bothers should be exterminated.

I quickly flew to the library, opened the window, entered, and then closed the window.

8 hours later…

"Ah… I forgot to sleep… eh it's fine, I slept for 6 hours 14 hours earlier…"

I quickly jumped off window, I then quietly stepped on the ground, removing my presence and I walked off to the class, ignoring the rule regulators who almost caught me once again… should I just skip it?

–You know, there is-

… Well, it's just 6 hours, or I guess 7 hours…

7 hours later.

Lea, teleport me to where the fire sword is, I should get it for just the 20% Regen bonus.

*Fwoosh*

"… Oh, so that's why."

I immediately summoned Cold Light and stabbed it to the ground, causing wall of ice to surround me, before I experienced too much heat…

... Let's see… Domain magic spell, tier 4: Ice Scenery!

The area that I can't see due to the walls is now frozen. I guess it's worth 20% of my concentration.

I drew the stabbed Cold Light out of the ground and teleported over the walls. What I seen is just a place, desolate of every fire, except one that is in a big ancient cup, or something similar to that.

{... My memory says this place isn't important to me.}

I quietly walked towards the fire, making Cold Light make my hand and right arm freeze in the process of the cold…

As I was getting closer, the heat started to feel hotter, as if I'm being thrown into one of the purest fires the world has, and it is those… Lea, can you teleport here and make the fire become slower? It being slower would really help.

*Tzzt*

_Can't. I think you should be able to do it normally though._

–By normally,.you mean just stabbing the fire with Cold Light?

_Yes. I think you should wear your jacket, you would risk getting burned to death at this rate._

I followed her command and got my jacket throughout my changed shape equipments, it felt less hot as I wore it, but I still knew that it would burn if I stayed here for too long…

I immediately run towards the fire, preparing to do a stab and as I was able to reach it, I stabbed Cold Light in it, and the fire froze… suddenly, the iced fire broke, and a sword appeared in my vision… a color of red primary color, and having deep green as a secondary color, it's a devil sword I like to call as… "Heat gazer"...

"... Oh, it seems to be worth more than I assumed."

I grabbed the sword and felt that the heat here vanished, the light dimmed out, and… suddenly… I felt a monster teleporting behind me…

–So, a test slash.

Is it a test? Or just a burning slash?

I turned around as I was doing a horizontal slash, hitting the thing behind me with Heat gazer as I immediately put it in a ring, I then summoned Angel and stabbed the monster in it's neck.

"... Not dead yet?..."

I summoned Dark bringer and slashed it twice, effectively hitting it four times as the projectiles will appear every time I slashed, I then switched it off with Angel once more and slashed it diagonally before switching Angel to Emelas, I switched it to wind mode and slashed 7 times in quick succession, doing a combo and I did a backflip as it recovered and tried to hit me with one of its attack. As I touched the floor, I immediately made 6 Wind blades, and due to the effect of Ice Scenery, the area was cold, meaning the wind blades I summoned has minor ice attributes, and due to me amplifying the air temporarily here using Emelas with it's wind mode, the wind blades, which are effectively just tier 2 spells, all had the same power as tier 3 spells.

"And over."

I turned around as all of the wind blades hit it, causing blood to spurt out of it, but since I was far away enough, it's blood didn't touch me at all.

–... That was easier than I thought.

Well, I already had a set up, of course it was easy. If I didn't use Ice Scenery at all earlier, then the fight would start with Cold Light, stabbing it at the ceiling to make walls upside down, kick the walls all around me to make the area cold, and then do a longer combo which will not end the fight, let the enemy counterattack so that it takes 100% damage again, and just counter attack with at least 10 wind blades to be sure that it will die.

–Well… I guess the set up really was important, good thing you set it up, huh.

{... That's a weird word play that no one would understand.} I guess so.

But for now… hmm… (I need to talk to Chro-)

_So, if you wanted to know where Chrome is, then…_

0