Chapter 50
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Small ice crystals surrounded my foe, it quickly multiplied and I couldn't see him anymore. A bright blue light immediately flashed and I, knowing that it wouldn't affect me, closed my eyes as it might risk my contact lenses getting some after effects….

The light dimmed off and I can see again, Icros, was covered in ice shields, before they started to scatter and orbit around him, and an enormous wings made of ice appeared behind his back, as well as an ice sword appearing in his hands…

I sighed as I realized the predicament I was on, I looked at Icros with an expression that says "I knew it, but it still was annoying that I had to deal with it". {Really… I'm just a level 30 casual gamer, why am I fighting the last boss in this world, huh?}

–Current concentration 90%.

Hmm… Fire teleports should help the fight be balanced, probably. Fire teleports are teleporting to a place where it has fires… problem is, that Icros used a stronger Ice Scenery than before, making it so that the area I made is not fire anymore… I still can make fire, and that's reassuring, the only problem is the fact that… normal teleport would just be better in any way. Hahahaha, it should make the fight fun if I don't lose.

I made 30 Flame blades scatter around in this arena and made them stab the ground, they are hot enough to survive the cold of the arena, but all of that cost me 5% concentration, but it's worth it.

"Let's go, you cheating Ice bastard."

I avoided a stab coming from him immediately dashing towards me and I, knowing that another attack would be coming, immediately did the best thing I knew I can do, immediately started to burn my sword and swung it fiercely, wanting to cut down the ice sword Icros has on his hands… but it was somehow reflected by him as he only hold the sword on his right hand, ice sharp claws appearing on every fingers he has and almost stabbed me on the eyes, but I avoided it by teleporting away using one fire blade as a cost…

"A bad idea… tch, and shouldn't trying to stab my eyes not inbound…"

–Not in… the rules.

Oh, well… that makes sense, it isn't in the rules, but there's no things that says that it isn't allowed… *sigh* I'm starting to think that everyone around me is a sadist.

I threw the sword I had that was burning into the air, as I quickly sidestepped and quickly propelled myself away from Icros, I started to use a magic crest…

"Fire is better, I say."

The ground and the arena started to become hot again as my sword fell down, he slowed down, but he's somehow hovering and the ice shields and the ice wings are still intact… I immediately used Fire wings and combined it with Fire circle to make the effect stronger as well as gain the speed up for 20 seconds…

"Fire is my domain, you bastard."

I said so while I quickly accelerated towards Icros, a fire circle appeared and touched him, but ice crystals that are small blocked my fire for actually damaging him, knowing that, I grabbed the sword that I threw earlier and did a spin slash, as it was burning and the ice crystals melted into smoke.

–Vapor.

{Eh, that's just smoke.}

I immediately spun around as fire circles appeared around me. I tried to keep him in the current situation, but one of the ice crystals from earlier shined and he teleported to somewhere far away… he teleported behind me, and as I noticed that, I immediately teleported to a nearby fire blade and as that happened, my domain somehow got parts of it in ice…

"..."

"Tch, cats are better than wolves at this point…"

I made a fire shield to protect me as I closed my eyes for a second, and as soon as I opened them, I immediately did a horizontal slash and hit him, I then accelerated towards him and did an up slash to carry him upwards, I then, immediately hover above the ground for the moment and did a descent slash as soon as I was on his height, it made him bounce off the floor and due to that, I immediately did a downwards kick and hit him in the stomach, I then raised him up a bit by kicking upwards and I then, using my left hand, punched him to move him away…

"... I almost lost…"

I said so in realization as I closed my eyes for a second and stopped focusing, I then opened them and left the arena, making my presence vanished in the process so I won't get caught by rule regulators.

"... Search for her, that student should be here somewhere…"

I carefully walked away from that Arena, which was unexpectedly hot due to some magic that I don't want to talk about, and I just entered the Library through the windows once more.

*Thud*

I grabbed a book that was bookmarked at the middle of the book.

"Hmm, after this book is finished, I will leave this place. I wonder where I can live for now aside from Lea's lab?"

–... Well, I don't know.

Yeah, that answer makes sense.

I quietly read the page and started to focus…

3 hours later.

"... Hmm… well, what to do… the last page is blank… damn book printers ran out of ink…"

And I really wanted to see the ending too…

I sighed in disappointment as I summoned Cheating machinations and blocked an Icycule almost hitting me from my neck using 6 gears…

–Hmm, what the hell is she doing?

Arruelle chuckled as the book in my hands suddenly teleported towards her.

"I glared at her, seemingly annoyed that she did do that in front of me, but I abstained from making that noticeable from a glance, but a single look at her irritated gaze will tell you that she knows I'm doing it."

She looked irritated as I described what's happening in detail.

"... Yeah, yeah, I know, you're a bit of a book reader, I'm surprised that you didn't… oh, I guess there are some missing books here. Well, that's fine…"

But she immediately goes back into her calm expression as she said so… don't worry, it's only just a few books I permanently borrowed.

"So, anyway. Can I get an early leave? I need to visit some areas so that-"

Suddenly, a familiar noise I haven't heard for a while was being tuned in.

*Tzzt*

A call.

_Yep, it's me, Lea. I gotta say, it's been… a few years, I guess? I don't know, I lost track of days being stuck in time dilation, you know? For now… I teleport you to the area where I found some rare items, also stay here for now. I need a slave worker who can help me clean my laundry perfectly._

*Tzzt, tzzt*

And the call immediately ended after she said that…

"Why did you paused?"

Arruelle asked, but I ignored her as I summoned the 6 artifacts and they appeared behind me.

"Well, let's just say… must be because of a problem that requires some space to fix."

I made a portal in front of me and with me knowing it, Lea made the destination where it will come from different that the place where I put it. I entered the portal and as I go through it, it disappeared behind me and I'm already at the area… hmm…

"Weird that I need to fly to be here."

I said so while hovering using the 6 replica artifacts linked to me.

–Why are we in front of a floating island or something in this world?

… I don't want to ask that.

I quietly accelerated forwards and as soon as I could reach a solid footing of ground, I stopped flying and just hovered over the ground. It's stationary, so I do think that she did put me 10 meters away on purpose.

I stopped hovering and started to walk, but as soon as I took a step, my foot started to sink through the floor and due to that, I immediately hovered… oh, I can't stop hovering, I almost fell there earlier.

–... There should be a sword here… but where? I can't sense anything.

Me either… well… I'm just going to search this floating peace of land until I can find a clue.

As I started to hover around, there are many traps that existed here, but I avoided them easily as I'm hovering, and they're based on the ground, so… I easily dodged them. But I gotta say, if the land is floating then there must be some floating traps, otherwise, this sense of false hope will not appear.

Suddenly, a string-like noise appeared as I felt like I got touched by something quite thin… Nggn… that's in the future and it's… Oww…

A small and sharp triangle almost hit me in my heart, but I redirected by using one of the gears, making it so that it only hit my shoulder instead…

–... You almost died there, huh.

Yep… those sharp triangles are really small, so small and so fast that I probably would have died if I got hit on the head or in the heart.

–Quite deadly… and it's even accurately hitting supposedly where your heart is, meaning it probably has some auto detection.

That's-

Immediately, I covered myself in a pillar of fire and burned anything around me at the cost of 10% concentration…

"*Sigh*... I almost got killed by triangles."

I said so in an irritated expression as I immediately propelled myself upwards and got through the floor where the sword is, I don't like this place anymore, it's deadly, it's dangerous, and irritating… and traps are everywhere.

–[... It's a reference, I know it is.]

{Hmm?} Anyway, the sword… is… *sigh*... Just over a big room…

–... You've been sighing a lot these days, is it cause of something or something?

Eh, well… *sigh*... It's because I'm maturing and noticing how irritating this world is.

–Yeah, sigh a bit more to show it.

"*Sigh*... Eh?"

–... I knew it, you're doing it unconsciously now. I thought you had no regrets, you said so one month ago.

Hmm… well, even if I had no regrets, doesn't mean I can't feel sad, or annoyed, or irritated. It just means I can't feel sad from regretting, or anything else that happens when you regret, or after regretting. It's simple really.

I entered the big room. I looked around, there weren't any noticeable traps as I looked into the distance… I quietly sighed once more as I put the sword of Cheating machinations to spin vertically behind me. The gears formed an X position behind just slightly behind the sword. I summoned Cold Light next and as I did, I immediately felt some Dark energy, followed by an existence, someone who I don't know, simply appear in front of me.

"Muahahahaha!! At long last, I was awaken! You, Useless… uh…"

"Cat beastman."

I informed them of what I am as I looked at them with a "knew it" expression. I was smirking, but as soon as I felt this Intimidation that can even affect me, I stopped being relaxed and quietly stopped hovering.

"Ah yes!! You Useless Cat beastman, that's right, you're worthless existence that's somehow better than an Angel, would be defeated by me, the Dark lord of this World! Muahahahaha, you should be honored!"

He proclaimed loudly as a large amount of Dark energy, forming into a sword appeared in his hands… I should summon my Destroyer of Darkness then… No, Darkness Destroyer is what it's gonna be called.

I summoned the legendary sword and immediately did a short hop to accelerate towards him using the 6 artifacts behind me, I immediately reached him and almost hit him using the sword, but he just easily dodged me by moving backwards by one step.

"You might be fast, but that's all you have-?!"

Immediately, he tried to counter attacked, trying to slash me diagonally with his sword, but I know he will do that so, I teleported to the same place I was to recover myself from time and immediately Slashed upwards to parry his Dark sword…

"Oh, so you're not just a simple worthless existence that exists in this world just so you can waste my time with your worthless existence huh? Well, you're still not worth the effort-"

–... This bastard is so edgy, can I kill him?

Don't worry, Angel. I will… probably not kill him, the battle is in his favor, and I probably can't win due to the fact that I'm weaker than him, and he's faster than me.

"*Sigh*... Fine, as you wish, The Dark lord of this world that we all asked for and thrive to be, let's dance and see who is the fitting one for that title then."

I said calmly while summoning Dark bringer… {Darkness Destroyer didn't work for some reason, I wonder why?... Darkness is the thing it's using, so why isn't it working??... I won't ask for now, I gotta focus and actually make him unconscious.}

I sighed to my thoughts as I summoned Devil bringer to switch out Darkness Destroyer.

"Muahahahaha!! You flatter me with your worthless existence…"

Suddenly, Darkness cloaked the room…

0