Chapter 60
3 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Hmm… currently in floor unknown…

Not many people are here, except…

–Did they just teleported here?

No, it's more so that someone teleported-

I immediately dashed forwards while spinning sideways to avoid being hit, followed by me immediately activating Fire wings and Fire circle install at the same time.

"Can't hit me, and also, I gotta say, how did you get faster?"

I then waved as I immediately turned left and following that, I immediately touched the wall and used it to boost my way to the right as I immediately started to look around for the staircase… anyway, Lea, can you hear me?

_zzztzzztzzzt_

–From that, I guess not… wonder why though…

From what I gathered, it's mostly due to the spatial disruption this place has that distorts space weirdly… I hate it. It's simple to understand, it's just that this created world has a spatial disruptor that disrupts space in an area in a specific way that allows it to still be normal, but restricting lots of useful things, just like teleportation, but the problem I have to think about is they, or I guess, a person can definitely teleport, it's just that they can't do it normally… 

–From what I guessed, the method is more likely, being summoned in an area, rather than teleporting there on purpose.

I could believe that, but… I can't even access my Vine Contracts, so I can't summon Elth, and I doubt he is on this floor anyway… 

–Too complicated for my mind, so by this, were just gonna go with the simple rise up?

Yep?...

4 hours later…

"I been climbing for at least more than 14400 seconds…"

I said so, followed by a sigh…

I quietly turned around and quickly climbed upwards onto the staircase and the next thing I seen, was windows…

"Ah, finally… *sigh*... Finally…"

I then sighed, once again before trying to open one of the windows, only to immediately felt pain in my head…

"Uaggh!!..."

I immediately collapsed as the pain assaulted me…

"Tch… Nggn… Haaaaaah…"

I summoned Angel and, without any warning, summoned all of the Beast legendary swords, which is technically just 4 swords, Yxus, Crizyus, Obliteius Oath… or I guess 3…

"Don't you dare make me faint."

I said so, followed by a large pillar of Darkness and Light to follow me…

"Lagendarius… × Angel mode!"

I closed my eyes, followed by my clothes transforming into a White and Dark armor, followed by Dark and Light wings appearing behind my back, and then 16 artifacts covered my body, before they returned back to their natural position, my headache was gone, and I looked upwards, seems to be that I destroyed the floors…

"Doesn't matter…"

I said to myself before covering a metal collar in Light and Darkness both at the same time and it was destroyed, I then summoned Angel, it changed drastically, it has it's normal crown as a hilt Angel mode, but it also has strange Light and Dark lines following the edges of Angel, but I didn't care for that.

"Atleus, at your service."

I aimed the sword upwards, atop my head, before concentrating Dark and Light at the tip of the sword…

{Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!! I'm the only one who makes myself faint!!}

I then shot out a big laser that destroyed a barrier, followed by me, immediately collapsing again, as Angel mode automatically deactivated…

–Uggh… my head… what the hell are you thinking?...

"... Fainting… help, Lea…"

I said so… followed by a weak sigh and then I fainted…

"Ah… *sigh*... Finally… great…"

I looked around the dark place, known as a nightmare, and felt a presence from someone named Ivvone.

"Ah, good to be able to teleport at…"

… Tch…

Well, what to do?...

{... No…}

Ivvone was dead.

"I can't believe it…"

… It's expected, but I'm not even feeling anything… it's…

"Well, sorry, I guess I never kept my promise."

I said so, followed by me summoning a Cloak and then just leaving.

{... This feeling of nothingness… I don't want to feel it…}

"... Regret, life, importance, feelings… they all correlate in some way, but losing one let's you lose many others."

I said so to myself, followed by me kicking a wall and finding Altera in there…

"Now, I don't want to feel nothing at all…"

I grabbed Altera and threw him in the air.

"Let me show you. The power of Darkness."

I did an overhead slash using Darkness that hits him before he connects to the ground, and after that, I immediately did 4 slashes as I summoned a sword, followed by an upwards kick to raise him in the air once more, and after that, I made Darkness wings that immediately scattered into 100 pieces and hit him, and after that, I covered the Darkness sword in my hand with Light, and I slashed the sword, as the Light broke off into numerous trails hitting him, and I did a normal Stab to end the combo.

"That's the power of Darkness."

"Lies… you bastard…"

Don't worry, past regret, that was just a reference… to something I don't know… {I sometimes don't get the script.}

Black darkness wings appeared behind me for a single second, and it disappeared as I…

"Nggn…"

Painfully waking up is always not fun… 

I sighed, before looking around at to where I am… oh, thankfully I'm in Lea's base, otherwise, I would've been… shackled.

–Let's not joke around 1000% attack debuff, shall we?

"... I kinda want to joke…"

I drew my sword and blocked a sword from hitting me…

"Hey, that's rude, I was just talking to myself here and you decided to stab me?"

I said so, followed by a quick grab and slammed them into the ground.

"Uggh… why is your slams always so powerful?"

"Immediate Speed + immediate stop force = damage."

–Isn't it technically a multiply instead of plus?

{...} I can't tell the difference, not gonna lie… and even if there is, I don't think stop force is a multiplier, I thought it's the cap, which is the limit, and you can only affect Speed, which is why it's a plus.

–Fair argument. Magic…

Hmm, fair.

{At this point, I'm feeling like I'm useful as a controlled piece at most… I'm thinking I'm a puppet?... What's… what's… what's happening to me?}

–Hey!

Uh?! Ah?

–... Calm yourself for now… I don't really know much about your random thoughts, but, I can't really help anyway.

… 

I sighed, before leaving teleporting Therion away from my room, I then quickly lied on the bed…

{... I don't know, why is it that I'm feeling like this?... The underlying reasoning behind emotions and feeling is quite unknown to me yet, but I do understand that my life isn't fine… I'm probably mentally breaking, and that signifies me feeling empty as a defense mechanism… Ivvone… why did you…}

–... So, do you have anyone we can fight?

{... Lea, Leon… won't disappear… this feeling of emptiness doesn't help either…}

"... Yes."

I said so without any clear emotions in it.

–Great, so who's it?

"... I don't know…"

I just said so before I closed my eyes… {I hate this… but I can't feel my hatred… it's like I'm being forced to say my emotions, when I'm not feeling anything… I hate it… I hate it… I hate it… I'm empty… I'm useless…}

"... I hate it…"

I said so before sleeping…

(Change to 3rd person.)

–... Atleus… you're… what's happening?

*Thud*

A door opened. And the one who opened it is Lea, she looked at the Atleus, and immediately noticed the problem.

"Oh… I see…"

–What do you mean?

Angel, suddenly, appeared out of the ring as they said so.

"... Well, it's just that… this phenomenon, that's currently happening to Atleus is only happening due to a simple cause of people they considered important, dying… I'm sure he was already like this before, but just on a smaller scale, remember when you first met them? They have more emotions right?"

–Yes, I guess so.

She quickly closed the door while sitting on a chair.

"And that's the start, they're fine just like that, but after awhile, people Atleus considered important, as stated earlier, died… they felt less lively when their family died right? And the more we go on… the less emotions they can feel… it's a really bad thing that happens to us especially, as we clones are quite emotional."

–And what does that mean?

"What I meant on simple terms, even though it's already simple, is that… well, I guess it's better to not have friendship if this happens, you know?"

She said so, followed by a chuckle…

–Don't… you dare not care.

"Hehehe… don't worry, it'll be fine. I'm here, and that means it's fine. At most, I still get to see the tail-, I mean that I probably will get to see legends happening once more."

–... You're into cats, aren't you?

the moment Angel asked this, Lea became silent for a second.

"W-whatever do you mean?"

–... Oh, yep. Unexpected, but kinda expected. Anyway, so, how long will this last?

Lea then looked troubled.

"That question? I don't know the answer, but it will probably take a month or two, maybe a year… I just wouldn't know...

–Better than nothing, I guess.

"But this is faster than I thought… what happened in that place?"

Lea muttered something, something that Angel can't hear, but… I can… Lea then left the room.

(Back to 1st person)

"... Nggn…"

 A painful grunt, yet somehow, no emotion was into it, as if it was faked, yet similarly real.

–Oh?... You've woken up?

"Yes, I did do so."

I said so in response to what Angel said without missing any single moment to waste. I then left the room. {I hate this… I hate this…}

"... Hello."

I said so, followed by me waving and I walked away. I then quickly entered Lea's base.

"Is there any tasks? If it's required, then being-"

"There's none. You don't have to do anything today."

{... I see.}

I quietly bowed and then left.

–Hey, partner, you're fine right?

"I'm fine. 100% fine, with no damages whatsoever."

I told a pretty lie. {This feeling is strong, but telling the truth would make me feel this emptiness stronger, it might consume me… it might… I don't want that… but I can understand if it happens…}

–[... I'm worried…]

Don't be. Partner, remember, being calm is important for us and me… {I can't be calm… I'm not calm… I'm feeling empty…}

–So, what are we gonna do today?

I summoned the sword to my hand, and just thought to myself for a second… {... What do I want?...}... Let's go somewhere.

–Hmm? Ah, yeah. So where do you want to be?

{... I don't know… every place I want to be in… will be, and possibly… already been destroyed…} Illusion Forest.

*Fwoosh*

Seamlessly, and Smoothly, I immediately got teleported to the area… I looked around emotionlessly, before touching the World Tree Elthium and entered using my Contract.

"... Hello."

I said so, but once I did, she looked at me like I'm a bit wrong…

"What happened to you?... You're… exceptionally not fine."

"I'm 100%-"

"No, you're not fine!"

I immediately got denied before I even said I'm fine.

"Your eyes are strangely empty, especially the way you move, from the way you even say word… it's just… empty… not like a void, but empty, like a trash can."

"Ah, empty like my soul."

I said so dramatically, even if I didn't have my emotions to do so perfectly.

"... I hate people who lies to others so that they wouldn't worry about them…"

A sword, colored green and with this tint of Leaves appeared as my neck almost got hit by a stab, but I didn't bother to dodge, as I wouldn't get hit, even if I tried.

"I knew it!"

She said so angrily, I couldn't understand her reasoning though… {why is she angry? I didn't do anything wrong…}

"You're experiencing something that can be explained easily, but you didn't want everyone to risk hating you for just a simple set back you're having, that they aren't dealing with?... I thought you're smart, but I didn't think you're…"

"So what… I'm hated… I'm… just a puppet that follows your command… I'm…"

"... You're still empty, but you're saying what you are thinking… and… I hate it…"

Suddenly, Vines covered me. Covered my hands and arms…

"... Hmm, I don't need to have a master servant contract, it's a contractor's sacrifice to summon us Contract…"

She said so… {... What is she…}

Suddenly… I felt lightheaded…

"... No… please…"

"Don't you dare plea for not stopping me… isn't this what you wanted?... If you don't have people to care about, then no one would-"

{No…}

"That's wrong… that's……… wrong…"

I collapsed…

"... That's… not…… right………"

{... I know that's true… but… I can't accept that… even if I'm feeling empty, I can't accept that… I shouldn't accept that…}

0