Chapter 2 – Just watch me.
16 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It has been exactly 14 days since I woke up from that unnatural dream, however, I was more horrified to find myself being 10 years old again.

When I woke up with a terrible headache, I went to the toilet to wash my face. However, when I looked into the mirror, I screamed at the child looking back at me. I realized sooner that it was my reflection. I immediately went back to my bed and looked for my phone out of habit, but I instead found an old version of my flip phone.

Likewise, I checked its content and the screen showed the date differently from what I'm expecting. Seriously? Why is the date showing 13 years back?

But then I realized the little differences in my room as well. My computer and other gadgets were missing. My books were missing and all the clothes in my walk-in closet were different.

I look at my small and soft hands, I can't help but clench it... and I also cannot help but shake in excitement.

The Gods probably took pity on me.

Right now, I'm walking in silence while making my way to the corridor of my school. Since I am given the chance to restart all over again, there is no way I will let this opportunity slip my hand.

My goal is simple: To live my life to the fullest.

Having fun while moving forward.

And for me to be able to do that, I will need strength.

To truly enjoy life, to be able to enjoy life to the fullest, one needs strength.

I'm formulating a plan right now. First, as soon as I finished today's classes, I will be meeting with the principal of this school. There is no point in staying in Elementary when you have 25-years of knowledge in you.


A small girl knocked on a huge two-door of the principal's office. Not long after, a monotone voice sounded out, acknowledging the girl's presence and permitting her to enter.

The girl entered the room, and immediately started observing her surroundings. The room has a very homely atmosphere, with a combination of colors: white, brown and blue.

The old man sitting in the swivel chair stared at the small girl, who asked to talk to him from her homeroom teacher. At first, the old man couldn't help but be amazed that a small girl like this had the guts to request for his time.

"Hello, Mr. Dawson, my name is Amaryllis Koch. Nice to meet you." the girl said while offering her hand.

The old man smiled and shook the girl's hand. So this girl is a Koch, nothing less that you should expect from a family of business tycoons.

"How may I help you, Ms. Koch?"

"I'm currently in 4th grade but I want to take accelerated classes. I think I should already be in High School."

"Oh. Is that so?" the old man replied, albeit teasingly. The girl tilted her head while looking at the principal.

"Not to be disrespectful sir, but I'm pretty serious. I'd like for you to take this seriously as well. I can take any exams that you'd give me. In exchange, I'd like to graduate early from Elementary School." Finally, the old man smiled meaningfully. He finds the girl very interesting; as she is not intimidated, is composed and is very eloquent.

"I see. When do you want to take the exam for class acceleration? I'm warning you now, it won't be easy."

"I'd like to take it now, if that's okay" The girl answers, unfazed by the threat.

"I like your confidence. However, if you fail this exam, I'll send you back to 1st grade." The man says jokingly, however, with a closer look his eyes are dead serious.

"As you'd like" The girl replied, still unfazed.

After an hour, the girl leaves the room with a smile on her face, while the man left inside is gaping while looking at the test results.

He is amazed that an Elementary kid was able to answer High School level exams with absolute ease, and the result showing perfection.

He admits that at first, he thought that the child was just a purely conceited girl, her confidence stemming from her inherited surname. However, he was proved wrong as he realized that the child was not bluffing when she said her knowledge is that of a High School level.

While writing the recommendation for the class acceleration, he thought it weird that the kid did not stand up from her class batch previously, but decided to do so now.

Perhaps she has her purpose for not wanting to step on the limelight before?

Whatever purpose it'd be, if that child happened to be a real prodigy, their school would gain a name as a great institution for producing genius students.

That would be great. The old man smiled at his thoughts.


Since the principal approved my class acceleration, and has agreed that I can take an early graduation. I'm currently packing my things as I plan to travel somewhere.

My overall plan is to make my parents sign a waiver and documents allowing me to travel to another state and approving my transfer of residence.

It's not like they will read the waiver. Most likely, they will just look at it and sign it, not giving a second thought what's in it. Not because they trust me, they just simply don't care. It's also one of the reasons why I managed to bankrupt my dad from my previous life.

Anyway, since it benefits me, it doesn't concern me that much. The real problem is, where do I get the money to travel?

I looked at all the things in my room and realized that there are few valuables that I could sell. My clothes, accessories and personal items may not be as expensive as my sister's, however, I'm still a Koch. My parents would never want to tarnish this surname by giving their second unfavored daughter a rundown item.

I go to my computer and scroll through the internet, however, I can't find any site which will help me sell my items. The truth is, the internet is yet to boom at this age, so I really cannot expect anything.

I decided to go to the local store instead which is currently famous for reselling high-end items to middle-class folks.

After haggling with the owner for an hour, who at first refused to believe my items are high-ends, I have now earned myself some money to add to my travel allowance.

I also went to a pawnshop to sell my jewelry and other accessories.

After all that, I went to the bank to deposit the cash into my account. I checked my account for the amount of money that I currently have, and adding the monthly allowance that I previously received from my parents, I decided to finally book a plane and a temporary rental apartment.

This is it. I'm finally going to my dream place.

I'm going to fly high and higher.

Just watch me, my old self.

 


I'm starting the pace of the story really slow, but we will get there. Our protagonist is still after all, hurt from her past experience. But who knows, what beautiful life awaits her outside of her comfort zone?

 

1