Chapter 5
107 1 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Edward studied the screen in front of him as he sipped his whiskey. And he saw that someone had already noticed the ability to broadcast live.

The screen that appeared in front of everyone, which only they could see, had a few more features apart from entering the game. Forum, a site where they can upload videos, an application where they can broadcast live, and a few more features.

Edward added these features because he felt that simply playing a game was not enough. He wanted Unity to become a way of life.

Elliot was wiping glasses. And the bar was pretty quiet.

He took a sip of whiskey and turned on the live broadcast. About a thousand people were watching this broadcast. He saw the player named Rainrider on top of a hill watching the surroundings.

“It's like the real world. You get a headache when you first enter the game, according to the game alert, it's because the brain is adapting to different time-flows.”Rainrider explained.

 

Worde35: Woow this look amazing!

Charles: Really?

Mikmiki99: Hey, kill yourself?

faqsss: Did you try to exit?

Rainrider was sitting on the hill reading what was written in the chat.

“Yes, I tried exiting the game first and found myself directly in my room. I guess you can go out whenever you want."

Defug32: oh, okay I am going in too then.

Invisibleman: Is there anything we should know?

Fatherofjackass: wow someone already in the game?

Rainrider read through to chat and start to answer a few question.

"I think it matters where you enter the game, we entered the game in the same room and at the same time as my friend, and we started the game almost in the same place. Also, as soon as we entered, we ran into the guy in our next room.”

Edward closed the screen in front of him, happy with what he saw. People were very wary of the game, but that was pretty much expected. After all, a screen suddenly appeared in front of them and said there was a game. People would have to get used to it a bit.

He took another sip of whiskey with a smile on his face. Finally, the game was published and the work of sweat and tears was played by someone.

—--

The George Bush Center was the headquarters of the CIA. and high level executives were in the meeting at this time. 

"I want our best guys to go in and check everything out. Is there a danger? Made by who? Are the aliens in our ass? I want all of these questions answered. Harris, this is on your team." said CIA's head.

Harris nodded and left the room to summon the team to headquarters. After telling his assistant to call the team to headquarters, he started walking down the corridor.

It had been almost 2 hours since he had set a screen in front of everyone.

Harris' team retreated to headquarters after an operation in the middle east. And they were the only available team at the moment. And the team preparing for the holiday would not be happy with this news.

Harris went to his room and waited for the team to assemble.

20 minutes had passed when his assistant Mary knocked on the door of the room and entered.

“Everyone is gathered, sir, they are waiting for you.”

Harris left the room and walked over to the team.

The team consisted of 2 men and 2 women. And when Harris arrived, they had all stood up to greet him.

“Yes, as you guessed, it's up to us.”

When the team was hurriedly called to the center, they more or less understood what the event was. It was up to them to research this game called Unity.

“I know you've all been dreaming about the holidays, but the white house urgently needs to know what's going on. Get ready, the 4 of you are entering the game. Our medical team will always check on you, if you feel anything strange I want you to report it directly. Mike, you're in charge, so if you experience something unexpected, I want you to come out directly." said.

Mike nodded at Harris' order.

The team was a bit demoralized as their leave plans were canceled. But no one uttered any word and nodded without incident.

They went to the room prepared for them. Four hospital beds stood side by side in the room. After everyone went to bed, the doctors attached some devices to their bodies. When their blood pressures, their breathing rate, and their pulse were all observable, the doctors gave Harris the approval.

“Good luck guys,” Harris said.

The team pressed the enter the game button on the screen that only they saw, and their minds left the world.

When Mike opened his eyes, he found himself in a white room. Just as he was about to start examining his surroundings, he heard a voice.

“Please choose your in-game name.”

After some thought, he wrote down the name he used in the games he played as a child.

“The one you chose as your name 'Darklord'? Do you confirm?"

After Mike clicked the 'yes' button in front of him, he heard the robotic voice again.

"Welcome to Unity and have fun.”

After these words, the whiteness in front of him suddenly changed and he found himself in a valley surrounded by rocks.

He looked around and saw that his teammate Elizabeth had entered the game before him.

When Elizabeth saw Mike suddenly appear in front of her, she looked at him and saw the writing on the top of her head.

“Darklord! Really, Are you 12 years old, mike?"

Faced with this question, Mike realized he had made a mistake. This name would most likely be recorded in official reports. And he would be the laughing stock of almost all units.

He looked up at Elizabeth, in case she had chosen a worse name than himself.

Then he saw the word "Ell" above her head.

Meanwhile, other teammates would have decided on the names when they appeared next to them.

Once everyone was in the game, Mike threw this embarrassing little thing in the back of his head and focused on the task before him.

When Zac and Emily entered the game, they began to examine their surroundings.

“Man, everything feels real,” Zac said.

The team nodded in approval. They felt as if the place they were in right now was a real place.

“Ahem, Yes, did anyone notice anything?” asked Mike. In order to attract the attention of the team to the task.

“I have something flashing to the right of my view, do you have it too?” said Elizabeth.

Looking closely, Mike saw the same flashing exclamation mark on him.

When he reached out with his hand and clicked on it, a Simple guide appeared in front of him. When Mike read the guide, he quickly read the articles explaining how a few commands in the game work.

After thinking 'Status', a transparent blue screen appeared in front of him.

darklord

Race: human

 

Body: 7

Intelligence: 6

Skills: There is no skill learned.”

When he looked up at the screen, he saw that the others were doing the same.

Then he saw that the clothes on Emily had suddenly changed.

“What did you do Em?”

"When I checked 'Inventory', I saw that it was simple armor and weapon, and when I said put it on, it suddenly appeared on me."

"I guess it works like a normal game,” said Zac.

Just as the team was about to talk about it, they heard a rumbling. All at once, they turned their heads in the direction of the rumbling.

It looked like a wolf- a big white wolf. And it was slowly coming towards the four of them.

“Be careful!” Mike shouted.

The team quickly put on their armor and weapons as Emily did. As the wolf got close to where the team was, the writing on it became visible.

'Level 9- Lone Wolf'

When Mike came face to face with the wolf, he saw the look in the wolf's eyes. 'He's probably evaluating the team,' thought Mike.

Then all of a sudden the wolf rushed towards the four. Mike tried to dodge the attack with the sword in his hand. But the wolf guessed Mike's movements and at the last moment attacked his body instead of his head.

As the wolf's paws pierced his body, he felt much less pain than he normally should. He bent his head to look into the depth of the wound and saw that half of his stomach wasn't there.

Then he fell on his back and saw the words 'you are dead' in front of him. And two options appeared before him.

Wait and get out now.

Realizing that Mike couldn't see what was going on, he decided to leave and clicked the exit button immediately.

As soon as he clicked the button, he found himself in the bed he was lying in while entering the game.

“What happened?” Harris asked. It had only been a few minutes since the team had entered the game.

“We were attacked by a white wolf. I took the first blow…. I think I'm dead,” Mike said. He still remembered how realistic the feeling was.

As Harris tried to make sense of what had happened, the others in the bed also woke up.

“Try logging in again,” Harris said.

When Mike pressed to enter the game again, a window appeared in front of him.

“Your death punishment has not expired, you cannot enter the game right now.”

Immediately below this text, he saw that the 24 hours were counting down.

3