Chapter 2
8 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I stayed in the tree with a part of me feeling like the psycho was still watching me. I kept glancing nervously behind me. What if he jumped up and screamed in my ear? I'd probably fall out of the tree. What was wrong with this dude? Was he mentally sick? Was he on some sort of drug? Probably. I couldn't think of anything else. I glanced at the ground. I couldn't hear anything.

A snapping of a branch came and I quickly clung to the tree from behind. I sucked in a breath and didn't let out another until my lungs were burning. If I called out and it was the psycho he'd know where I was. But if it wasn't him then who was it? What if it was someone who was hurt?!

"H-hello?" I called out.

"Hi."

I stopped. That didn't sound like a man but a woman. 

"Who are you?"

"My name is Darla."

"W-will you hurt me if I come down?"

A long pause, "No." Her voice was pretty deadpan. 

I jumped down from the tree quietly.

"Where are you?"

"Behind the tree."

I suddenly shivered at the thought that this lady had been watching me. I walked around the tree and to the back. A woman was standing there staring down.

"D-Darla?"

"Are you scared?" 

My eyes darted behind me before I answered, "Um . . ."

"Answer the question Keith."

Suddenly a couple things clicked and I stepped away from the lady, "How do you know my name?!"

"How do you know mine?" She was still staring at the ground.

"You told me." Fear began burning inside me and I took another step back.

"Oh . . ." She finally looked up and it was hard not to gag.

Giant bags were under her eyes and bruises and scars were all over her face. Her eyes were a startling bright green and her black hair was a complete mess. A black liquid was trickling from the corner if her mouth. What was that . . . ?

"A-are you okay?"

"O-okay?" She suddenly laughed loudly, "Okay?! What kind of a word is that?!"

I began taking steps back. Was this lady a psycho too?! I bumped into something and I glanced back to see a tree.

She laughed again, "Scared now Keith?!" She moved towards me.

"Step away from me you psycho!"

She froze and suddenly she growled like some sort of crazed wild animal. She lunged for me. I moved and she slammed into the tree. 

I began backing up before I flipped around and began running. There was another psycho?! I ran through the woods but I heard her close behind.

"Get away from me!" I yelled back.

I tripped and fell and I heard her get closer before I managed to get up and run again. My heart felt like it was beating out of my chest. She was following me! Did she want to murder me like the other psycho had?! 

With the thoughts swarming through my head my surroundings were ignored and I ran right into a tree. I staggered backwards with my hand on my head. I heard the lady reach me and heard her feet lift from the ground. I spun around just when her cold hands wrapped around my throat, cutting off my circulation. I choked out for breath as we both fell backwards. The black liquid was still spilling from her mouth but in a greater amount. Some of it dripped onto my shirt. The lady's sharp nails dug into the skin on my neck. I tried pushing her away but she was surprisingly strong. 

"How do you like THIS Keith?!" Her voice rang through my ears.

I felt the last bit of oxygen escape my lips before the world began to dim. 

The figure in front of me was unrecognizable now as it was blurry. Suddenly the figure whisked out of view as the lady was thrown off me. I gasped and my lungs greatly took in the oxygen, now able to come in freely. My vision turned back to normal and I saw the lady next to me, unconscious. I glanced around and saw a figure dash away from sight.

"Hey! Wait!" 

The figure moved farther away at a high speed until it was too far to see. Was that the person that had saved me? I had no time for that though, I needed to get away from this unconscious lady before anything bad happened.

I was able to get plenty away from the lady's unconscious body. I actually found a suitable tree and decided to stay in there. Part of me didn't like the idea being in a tree again but it was safer than on the ground. I kept glancing down to see if there was another psycho lady watching me as I was settling into sleep. I never saw anything, only the ground. I got into the most comfortable position possible, which wasn't very, and fell asleep. My last thought before I was dreaming was, 

"Let's hope when I wake up that I'm not dead."

My dreams were blurry but mostly recognizable. I saw the man again holding the figure of a familiar woman. He was screaming at her in some unrecognizable language. The image flashed and I was in a lab. Scientists were rushing around. A scientist holding a jar of something was zoomed in on. The scientist was followed as they headed into a lab. They took out some of the stuff in the jar. The stuff was black and had a saliva look to it. The scientist put the stuff on a person that looked like the psycho man and left the room to observe. The person twitched and shook before staring at the scientist. The person got up slowly and then suddenly lunged at the glass that was separating him and the scientist. The glass shattered and the person went over and strangled the scientist before getting pulled back. The person quickly broke free of the people holding them and grabbed the jar of stuff. The person ran out of the building. They ran and ran until they got to the house of a woman where the person scared the woman and had her running out of the house. They then went to the kitchen, grabbed a wooden spoon and then threw themself out the front window to the woman.

1