Chapter 3
6 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I woke up and almost immediately knew I wasn't alone. At first, I wasn't sure what was happening, but then I looked around and saw I wasn't in the tree anymore. I was in some sort of cabin alone. There was a fire going on, and I was on the couch with a blanket. Where the fuck was I? Has one of the psychos got me? I darted away from the couch. Who had even brought me here? I looked around. There was a rug, a couple of creepy photos, and a door. I raced towards the door and tried to open it. Nothing. I kept trying.

"Let me out!" I screamed.

"It's locked."

"I know that it!" I froze.

Where had that come from? I slowly turned my head and saw a girl sitting on the couch, scrolling through something on her phone.

"Who are you?" I asked and pressed against the door.

She glanced towards me, "You're only possible way out."

"What do you mean?"

"If you want out, then I'm your key. I know how to."

"And why should I trust you?"

"Do you have any other options right now?"

I stopped for a moment and looked the girl up and down, "Fine." I sighed.

She smirked, "Good choice, Keith." 

"How does everyone know my name?!"

The girl just laughed, "You'll see soon enough." She walked to me, "so you want to know how to get out?"

"Of course I do!"

The girl glanced behind her and then came closer. Her head raised and was brought to my ear, "Find the body; it has the key. Once you are out, find the door with the symbol on it and get into there. Once you find the man named Andy, he will explain everything." She pulled away.

"Wait, that's all?"

The girl just shook her head in disappointment, and then her body disintegrated. I looked at the spot where she had just been.

I swallowed hard and ran through her words in my head, "So . . . It fins the body. The body. Is it dead or alive, though?" I glanced around the room nervously. Was there a dead body in here? I began my search. I didn't try to narrow down any places because I didn't know if it was a dead body, an alive body, or part of a body. What if it was just the arm or something else that could hold a key? Like a . . . Foot, maybe? I trashed the entire room. I flipped over the couch, went through every cushion, put out the fire, and looked through there, looked in every corner, under the rug, in the door cracks, and every possible place until I saw it. A loose floorboard. I bent down and pried it open. A box was inside. It was a small box. I opened the box carefully, and inside was the body of a doll. Nothing else. A freakin doll?! I trashed this room for a doll!

 I threw the box to the side and went to the door again. Maybe I could force the door open. I tried for what felt like hours but were probably only seconds. 

I went back to the box and the doll. I moved the doll around and then looked at the ceiling. Wait. The girl had said a body. She never said a human body. I took the doll and began fiddling with it. I eventually popped off the head, and a small key fell out. I snatched the key and threw the doll back into her box as I ran to the door. The key was small, and I barely managed to hold it long enough to open the door, but I did it. It fit right in, and when I turned it, it clicked. I pushed open the door. I didn't bother taking the key, doubting I'd need it again.

I ran out and saw a long hall. No doors or pictures just a long, dark hall. I flinched when a loud bang came. I spun around and saw the door I had come from was shut. I tried to open it again, but it wouldn't budge. Now, I had nowhere to go but forward. I walked down the hall, feeling scared. What was going to happen? 

The hall seemed to go on forever. I eventually put my hand against the wall to steady myself. I walked and walked until I came upon an ending. It was a blank wall. What the heck? I raced to the wall and pounced my fist on it. Suddenly, I cried out angrily. I hadn't seen a single door or window all the way here. Other than the one I had come from, but that was locked. Or was it? I began racing back. It took only seconds, which confused me because it had taken maybe 10 minutes to get to the other area. 

I saw the door and put my hand on the handle. I breathed in and then turned it. It was unlocked? I pushed open the door and stopped dead in my tracks. 

This wasn't the room from before. It was an entirely new place!

1