4 – Waking up in a new world
7.6k 24 226
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

My head hurts so much. By the time I noticed it, I realized I had no idea how I got here.

There was a sloping area covered in green grass. The sun was still high in the sky, so it might still be early afternoon. The wind blew through the grass, giving it the appearance of green water; a wave of grass flowed in my direction as I sat atop a large rock. The smell of moist soil and the grass mixed with the wind, and the fragrance drifted into my nostrils. The wind carried to the forest behind me, rustling the leaves on the trees.

I stand up unintentionally from the rock which I had sat on, and fix my eyes on the overwhelming expanse of the horizon. A view such as this couldn’t easily be seen in little old Japan, could it? It then hit me. The conversation I had with the Goddess.

Finally, I noticed my own appearance.

"What the hell!!?"

I yell at the top of my lungs. Even though I know there is no one here to answer, I couldn’t help but cry out.

A thicc body with a muscular figure. A hard abdomen and muscular arms, yet still feminine. A figure that stands as tall as most men. Long red hair. And even without a mirror I can assume my eyes are orange. But most important… a big pair of breasts!!

The gear is also something I recognize. Decorated with the finest of details, a skimpy battle armor that resembles a mecha suit, yet still has a medieval fantasy feeling, a beautiful white fur, beautiful thigh highs and a demon like armor piece on my right shoulder. You wouldn't think that such a dress would be fit for combat, but you know what they say. The more revealing, the stronger the armor. 

It also boosts massive fire and dark resistance, as well as significantly increases your HP pool. It kinda doesn't make sense with how revealing it is. And all sorts of passive OP support skills. It's literally one of the best, if not the best free to play craftable armor sets. It took me 3 months to make this. The Borealis Armor.

Next I have the Aurora Necklace, the accessory around my neck. It's an item I farmed for almost a week. It has a passive that grants mana regeneration and also lets you survive a lethal attack with 1 HP remaining. Very useful in a game where death is heavily punished.

And the dark Holy Weapon Aetherius, a heavy war greatsword. A celestial weapon that puts emphasis on strength. It's bathed in dark lighting and holy attributes and most people can't even equip it due to the strength requirement. Yet I pumped my strength to the point I can one hand it, just so I can use its second feature.

This sword edge can not get dull or be broken, which is why I also added the gem of Astaroth on it. This weapon can be used as a shield too because of its giant size and it will provide considerable damage mitigation and immunity to any debuffs or status effects depending on my level. A truly powerful raid weapon drop tailored to my needs.

There's absolutely no doubt here. This is my pride and joy. My waifu. My character from Phantasy Reverie Online: Yufine.

“I can’t believe this. Even my voice changed. What the hell was up with that Goddess? Didn’t she say she would make sure there would be no issues with my gender? Unless…”

For a second a sense of reality hit me. I assumed she was going to keep my gender but she never said that. She said there was a small inconvenience that she can work around. Sweat drops started to flow on my forehead. I slowly moved my hands to my crotch. It was like I got hit by a bolt of lightning. 

“That fucking Goddess!!! She turned me into a fucking futanari!”

A shemale to be more specific. I could feel that I had both a dick and balls. For some reason, a bulge wasn’t visible beneath my pants, but the feeling is there. I felt like crying rivers right now. She turned me into a male with breasts, basically. Some people might get a kick out of this, but my mind isn’t that sick. 

For some reason I wasn't disgusted though. Maybe she did something to my head so it doesn't feel awkward. She did mention that much.

Even my voice was on the heavy side, but still feminine. I then strongly shook my head left and right and clapped my face over and over. Eventually I stood up.

“Come on. Get over it. Every man dreams to be in an isekai. You can’t let something like this get to you. When life gives you lemons… you throw them at other people. So let’s forget this for now and just focus on the good stuff. For starters…”

My sword. It was light. Really light. This thing is a colossal weapon with a heavy strength requirement. I can hardly believe this huge thing is made of metal. I swing it around with 2 hands. And of course I swing it with one hand as well just to confirm its weight. 

Let's try using a skill. But… how do I do this? In the game I had hotkeys and my mouse. Maybe if I move like this and just shout…

"[Chilling Slash]!"

While waving the sword around, I call out the name of a skill from the game. A beam of ice emits from the sword, and is sent flying into the forest.

Suddenly, a handful of trees slowly fall within the forest. The leaves of other trees rustle, and the birds of neighboring trees all fly into the sky. A slightly dull sound echoes through the area as the trees hit the ground. It even left a big trail in the ground.

“Really, what the hell… this is just an average mid-tier skill. Was Chilling Slash always this powerful?”

No. Maybe it's this strong because of all the gear I am wearing. This is my typical gear. Mostly made from legendary sets. Like I said, regardless of how much time you invest, as free to play you can't be covered from head to toes in mythical gear. By the time you would finish one, something else might replace it. It was truly a rarity to be fully equipped with mythical grade gear. There are a total of six grades of equipment: common, uncommon, rare, epic, legendary, and mythical.

And the enhancement level for gear goes up to +13, however for free to play guys, +8 or+9 was the normal meta. My armor and accessories are all legendary grade. The chest piece slot should be +10, bottom piece is +9, and for my gloves and feet slots they should be +8.

Aetherius, my sword, is a mythical level 128 weapon. A +11 I might add. Even if I were to use a level 140 legendary weapon, the rarity gap is still big, so my level 128 mythical will outperform a level 140 legendary. This was a rare event drop and I truly am blessed that I got one.

If I remember correctly, my class is Valkyrie. You start as Warrior with Priest as your sub class. Eventually you become Frost Vanguard, then if you pick the paladin skills you become Ice Lightbringer and eventually if you also select Lightning Angel path skills you evolve into what's known as a Valkyrie.

The class system in Phantasy Reverie Online is complex as hell. They made it like that so players have complete mobility to explore options, but sometimes you can end up with something… let’s just say garbage.

The Goddess said this world is real so no skill or stat menu is displayed. Yet I remember most of my main page.

Name: Yufine

Race: Human

Class: Valkyrie

Elemental Affinity: Ice, Lightning, Dark, Fire

Unique Mechanics

[Stay strong] - Unable to learn healing skills / 15% Increase to defense

[Indecisive] - Increased affinity to control both magic attacks and melee attacks

[Lazy] - Increase Intelligence by 20% due to having a rested mind

[All around] - Maintaining equal skill points in melee and magic will increase all stats by 10%

[Charm] - More likely to be targeted / 20% Increase to HP

I placed my sword on the grip on my back. I guess I should start exploring this place. I have no clue if this place resembles the map in game. However, as soon as I wanted to take the first step outside the forest, a giant shadow covered my line of sight.

"Hou? Are you the one I'm looking for?"

"Eeeh!!? A giant talking dragon!!?"

For clarification purposes, the MC is a shemale and has no female genitals

226