21 – This elf is weird
4.5k 9 156
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"So, ladies, what type of curse weapon are you looking for?"

"A staff preferably. Or a wand. But I'm curious about your timing, mister."

"It’s alright don’t be so vigilant. It's only like a hobby for me to personally visit each branch of my business from time to time. I like cursed weapons, I’m somewhat famous as a collector in the neighbourhood, however, I like a person who can use those cursed weapons even more."

His fancy rings are mid tier status negation accessories. He probably has the passion for curse weapons because he isn't affected by them.

When he immediately snapped his fingers, a lady came running and placed something wrapped in cloth on the counter. It was a dark wand with a peculiar gem on it.

"You want to use Cursed Weapons, right? Try picking it up."

"Yufi, this is…"

"Yeah. I can tell at a glance too."

On the provocative words of Sifora, I rode the flow and picked the wand up. Despite my class not being compatible with it, I could see right through it. And Lu-chan obviously saw the same thing.

In the first place one won’t understand a cursed weapon without taking it in hands. However this thing is just too weak. A voice tried echoing in my head. The voice of this wand is really weak, I don't even need to nullify it.

This guy… is mocking us. I wave the wand two-three times around, and return it back expressionless to Sifora.

"Fabulous! You have a strong heart to control the cursed weapons!"

A joyful voice. Kek. If I were to go by the game's lore regarding the curse status, even without swinging a weapon madly, there are some patterns for knowing the person being possessed by curse, in the case of grudge curses, the most popular pattern is to not let go of the weapon.

So by returning the wand, it's sort of proof that I didn't get possessed by the curse. Of course, in actual gameplay that never happened, but this is real life and everyone here so far is really low level.

"I had been searching for a talented person like you, I seriously want you to use this! Your skill is amazing! Hahaha!"

This guy started laughing with joy. For a moment, I displayed a smile and also laughed.

"Haha, in this short time I lived here this is the first time I have been in a ‘scam’, I got a good experience from it, thank you. Let's go, Lu-chan. This place is a joke."

Saying that I turned my back wanting to leave.

"Wait."

Really heavy, a voice sounding like that of a Grim reaper called out.

"Saying something like a scam to me, I don’t think it’s good to kick my good intentions one-sidedly."

I wanted to retort, but Lu-chan was the one that scolded him.

"Good Intention? So in these parts the intention to give a newbie mercenary something like a forgery is called as good intentions, huh?"

I took it over from there.

"Hearing that ‘voice’, most would believe it to be a cursed weapon. I can easily understand that, but that weak shit doesn’t even compare to a real curse, but if a self-conscious idiot would hold it, he/she would easily accept that it’s a cursed weapon. Now for the touches, if you add shit like talent and whatnot, of course he/she would come biting at your bait without even doubting it."

Most probably, it isn’t a true curse, but a magic trick rather than curse to let the wielder hear the voice for deceiving.

"Fufu......Fuahahaha! You girls are true collectors of real cursed weapons even with that appearance! I'm sorry, but usually girls are the easiest prey for a curse."

"No, we're not collectors, we just want…"

"I did a rude thing to people with same hobby as me, sorry, let me apologize…"

That's a poor face you're making. It's like you aren't even sorry at all.

"Is it alright that a famous big weapon dealer like you, should be doing something like scamming?"

"It’s the work of an adult, no, a collector, to scold a youngster like you who is underestimating cursed weapons. I can't just simply grant them to anyone, just like you can't have a peasant appreciate fine art."

Sifora didn’t show any room for repentance of his actions, but it did show his love and affection for cursed weapons.

"You’re the two new star mercenaries, right? The guild sure is talking about you girls. All right, as per your wishes, let me show you the cursed weapons in our company’s possession!

Though this is not the main office, but here too there are many good weapons, choose at your own discretion! But don't expect a discount, Fuhahahahahahaha!!"

I guess it doesn't hurt to take a look. Might as well go all the way… but honestly, this world is full with weird people.

------

"Sorry, Yufi."

"I told you, it's fine."

Lu-chan was acting apologetic. The reason for that is because we managed to find a decent staff for her. A level 54 legendary staff. Its curse is something that Lu-chan can easily suppress. Basically, she's ignoring the detriment and only gaining the bonus which actually is 10% faster cast speed and 6% damage increase. The numbers might seem low, but it's normal for a weapon in the level 50-60 range.

The reason Lu-chan was feeling bad is because of the price. That guy literally charged us 150 gold coins for that weapon. Reluctantly, I accepted because having a stronger subordinate is worth the cost for me. I can always make more money later.

Lu-chan's staff is a long staff, with a dark wooden twisted branch feeling and a crescent moon with a gem at the top. It really looks like a witch's staff. Fantasy elements will always be appreciated, no matter what.

"Leaving that aside, the sun is setting. What now?"

"Let's go back at an inn and have a feast."

"Ok, but this time please have patience and let me finish cooking the food properly. Eating it raw is bad for your health."

I can't help it. I was raised by a dragon.

"But that's not what I meant. About that letter…"

Right. Since we are mercenaries, Sifora asked us to go on a quest. Deliver a letter to someone, and payment will be waiting for us when we deliver it. It's sealed and has a fancy air around it. But most importantly, that someone is another elf. 

I haven't accepted it yet, but he told me to keep it, as if I decline he can always write another. Should I read it? Judging by his entourage I am not sure if the person I have to meet is trustworthy. But he did mention that I was meeting an elf woman. 

What to do… well, for now I'll fill my stomach and sleep on it. 

156