Chapter 1: A Final Fight!
171 1 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

With a ginormous flash of light, The Hero jumped into action.
His jump, about 50 meters high, as if he was reaching for the clouds.
You could see his red cape barely able to hold on to him,
The speed is immeasurable.

Gatatsu spread his Wings, preparing to Fire numerous Fireballs, hoping to at least scratch his opponent.

Our Hero Ken:
A smirk widened on his face as a ray of light from the sun illuminated his face.

"You have reached your last destination, rotten bird, for the last thing you will feel...

...IS MY SWORD!"

As he yelled his scream of  victory, Gatatsu shot his Fireballs!

One,
Two,
Three,
Shot as if it were to be his last,
Light Shockwaves slice air.
The trees hardly withstood their power,
Even miles away, you would have felt them,
Flying at almost the speed of sound...

but I was quicker.

I knew what was coming and my sword, held with two hands, was ready to defend me.
As projectiles fly towards me, I feel my inner Mana flow through me. 
From my Back, through my Arms, Into my Hands.
I was ready. 

Time felt so fast, yet slow to my wrists.

Projectile after projectile, I cut through them,
leaving only an explosion and the mear dust of the magical essence of fire that was supposed to hit me.

Lastly:

Dust.
Fog.

Nothing to see, yet I was present.

Gatatsu was confused as he watched the big amount of a gray pile of air, hot and dirty, for which he was responsible.
Then I emerged from it.

My sword in a slight angle,
next to my head,
Racing towards my goal,
my only objective,
Today I would finally achieve what I was yearning for for years.

Like it was the main act,
The ruined soil and broken ground, where no grass will grow for months, set the exciting stage,
Gatatsu, the giant red Dragon, as the hated enemy,
the final fight,
the main character,
The climax, giving the end to the story.
The crowd, silent but about to scream for victory, which was just a blow away.

The adrenaline, the Power, My sword.
Our eyes met, a foot apart.

Gatatsu, mighty Dragon of the Oshinotatsu region, always frightening its vistors,
living in rage, causing nothing but pain and fright,
living up to an immense Ego.
Powerful at all means, the biggest creature to have ever been seen.

The ultimate enemy to this world.

But what I saw in his Eyes,
when I was about to slash my trusty weapon through this pile of meat,
was fear, anxiety, his life was flashing before his eyes.

For the shortest part of a second, I was thinking of mercy:

Should I spare him? After all, he was just another one of them all, searching a way for glory, strength, wealth. What about just abandoning him, leaving him somewhere else in the world.

Just as I considered that very thought, I remembered: Pain, Problems, Death, losses to families.
On my way through this land, I saw many people, bunched together, laying on the ground, crying on their knees, or begging for help on the street, all trying to find a sign of hope. I couldn't help but feel with them. The loss, every emotion they were able to describe with whatever sounds they were able to give.

I always knew, The only way to stop this, was at this place,
right here, right now.

The memories, the things I felt with the people,
They all just made me stronger,
My Grip got harder, almost breaking the base of my Katana,
My Eyes, fixated onto Gutatsu.

Time stopped.
Infinite silence.
I broke it.

Do not worry. I spoke to him, echoing in this void of time, You won't be going to Hell.

I saved you a seat, in the theater of death, showing you everything you've done, for the rest of time.
And if after, you still beg for mercy,
I will be there,
and send you back.

I sliced, through the air, through his body, hitting the ground, which broke under my feet, leaving a crater, twice the size of my own body, rounded perfectly, just as perfect as the cut I just made. It took what felt like minutes, until the brightened line, thinner than paper, split the enormous body in half. Both sides fell, and then the sound finally came. What was due to my fine Katana was followed by a metal clinging, loud like a ship's horn. The air swished past me and onto my back, without much effect, as I sat there, still in a cutting position, a warrior, hard as a rock, who just finished what took a lifetime to complete.

And after the sound was gone, the sky cleared and the glowing sun revealed the battlefield, freeing everything from darkness. The trees, now askew, as if hit by a tycoon. The ground, leveled everywhere, and the crator I stood in, deep like the height of my very own body, being the center of the surrounding.

I stood up, every muscle still tense. I put my sword back into its saya, knowing it is over now.

I turned around, looking at him.

"Everyone meets their fate. Sorry for being late."

From afar I was able to see the cheerful crowd of people that watched the fight, running and screaming, some even filled up with tears in their faces. I felt relieved and happy for them.

And then it hit me, the weakness that comes with the effort, the adrenaline.
My inner biological systems just shut down and my legs couldn't hold me anymore.

I was done.

The crowd came to me and lifted me, as I smiled at them happily back.

"Thank You!" they screamed "Our Savior!"

Women, men and some children, they all were here to help me. They helped me walk back to their town, still half destroyed buy what the Dragon left from his work. I also saw my companions being carried whilst in a coma due to the immense pressure they had to endure, yet I owe them my life as well.

I was truly happy for all of these people, never could I have wished for anything better for them. 
But honestly, I just wanted to be at home, talk to my teammates, enjoy a nice rest, and see where our future will take us.

"Your welcome" I answered the crowd, coughing and almost whispering. "Make sure to give much care to my friends as well, since I am not able to do a lot for them in my current state. They helped you as much as I did and deserve more respect than I could ever give them."

Everyone smiled at me, answered with "Of course" or "We will do our best for all of you" and so on. I did not listen to everything they said.
But I smiled back.
I knew these people would never have to feel sad ever again, nothing would harm them anymore.
The enemy was defeated.

Suddenly, I fell.
What was that?
A hard hit in the stomach.
My hand immediately went to my belly.
I raised it again, observed it:

What is this? Why can I not move anymore? What is happening?

I felt as if I was being eaten from inside.
What now went through my body was not any kind of energy, Mana or whatever, It was a tense crushing feeling.
My Bones felt crushed under some kind of weight.
Everything went black in front of me, slowly.
I saw the shocked faces of all the people around me.

Am I going to die? Is this my end? Did the Dragon somehow curse me, or is it the after effect of  the Energy I had to give for ending its  life?
Whatever.
If I die here, at least I die with honor and knowing, that these people won't be hurt anymore

I saw the tearful faces of the people looking down at me.

"I'm sorry for having to leave."I said "Please do not cry but look forward to your own future."

But they couldn't hear me.

I was speaking too silently, or am I just talking to myself? Well, It doesn't matter. Seems like it is the end for me.

The void that felt like water, in which I was drowning, started to feel warm.
The picture, that was left from what I saw, was now completely gone.
Yet, there was yellow light.

I was getting close to it, even though I wasn't moving.

And then: There it was again.
The pain in my stomach, now repeatedly coming, like being hit over and over again.

"Hey." It echoed in this darkness.

A voice? I thought. It was silent.

"Hey!" It came again. clearer and louder, as I was closer to the light.

Who is that? Is that another person?

The light, it changed into different colors, transformed into a view.

"HEY! WAKE UP" Someone screamed, jumping onto me over and over again.

Wake Up? Who...

The Pain got harder, I flew right into the light,
slight darkness, again.

"WAKE UP ONII-CHAN!"

My dream was over.
I opened my eyes.

4