Day 66
37 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 66,

The nature sprite braided my hair during the night.  On the surface, that doesn’t sound that bad, maybe even nice if it weren’t so creepy, but it also wove a vine in with the braid and tied said vine to the leg of my bed.  Not being the most observant person under the best of circumstances and even less so immediately after waking up, I found that out the hard way.  Disentangling myself from that was a more stressful trial than I can say I wanted to deal with so early in the morning, but I ended up keeping the braid somewhat intact, if messy.

 

More people stopping by the library to make donations of supplies for the excursion.  Or just people that heard about it and wanted to know more.  A fair number of them wound up sticking around and perusing the archives for a while afterward.  It’s the most crowded I’ve seen my little domain, and frankly I’m feeling a little bit overwhelmed by it.  It’s not really that many people, but it’s more than I’m used to and it’s enough to put me on edge.  I’ve retreated to a back corner for the moment for a bit of privacy to catch my breath and steady my nerves.

When Vernon said he was going to call in favors with people, I’d imagined he was going to get one or two people to donate a bunch, not a couple dozen people to donate a single meal’s worth.

 

Lin stopped by and we spent a while organizing the donations and figuring out how to best pack them for transport.  On the one hand, it’s looking like between all this and what James might be bringing in tomorrow we might be ending up with too much food.  On the other hand, like half of this isn’t going to be able to keep for more than a few days.  A few items might not even still be good by the time we leave.  Hopefully no one will notice that Lin and I split a couple of those and ate them already.

4