Day 129
22 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Day 129,

Lin and Cass are on for dinner.  Vernon said he’d like to, but doesn’t think he’s going to be able to get away from a market day again any time soon.  They all seemed interested in having an opportunity to see Maiko again though.  And that, as far as I could tell, was in a genuine “visit a friend we don’t get to see that much” sense rather than a “go look at the weird monster” sense.  Well, maybe in a “get to hang out with my crush” sense for Lin, but I’ve not called her out on that yet.  

She did seem… “jealous” isn’t quite the word for it - not really a word that suits Lin at all, really - but there was some teasing about the fact that Maiko was kind of sort of living with me.  And when I insisted there wasn’t anything going on between the two of us, I could swear she seemed relieved.  Then again, I’m probably just projecting because I’ve come to realize that I’m sort of rooting for those two to get together.  They seem to like eachother and they both strike me as lonely in their own ways.  I realize that “shipping” one’s friends really isn’t a healthy practice and is maybe even kind of creepy and dehumanizing, but I try to convince myself that isn’t what I’m doing here.  I just want them both to be able to find happiness, and they already look like they have an interest in one another to me.

As long as I don’t say anything inappropriate or try to play matchmaker or something I’m sure it’s fine.

 

2