Chapter 14: Demon Lord entering the school.
275 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 14: Demon Lord entering the school.

Lucinda takes out her phone and begins recording the limo that just stopped outside near the school gate.

It wasn't the first time someone would bring in their limo into the school but this is- a bit too extreme.

"Oooo here she comes~!" The witch says with glee while keeping subtle side glances at Isabella because whoosh!

Every student was at a trance when a sudden beauty opened the door.

"W-Wow..."

"Dude, do you know any transfer student coming?"

"N-No... but yeah I haven't seen her before so she should be a transfer student..."

Black long hair that shines, looking so smooth and straight. Emerald eyes that seemed to sparkle shaped similarly like a cat's. Wearing the proud uniform of the university, every girl wears the same thing but she just makes it look- so much better.

"Aw man she's like taking everyone's attention right now." (Lucinda) giggles proceeding to zoom in. Everyone was certainly making goo goo eyes at the new student, curious expressions and most likely willing to ask for her number and socials later.

Isabella who was right beside her didn't realize that there seems to be someone bringing in a limo but she can't see properly, a little nearsighted.

The demon lord kept the car door open and out came an old man who offered her backpack. It was a simple black bag with no design that you can sling over your shoulder. "Thank you, Geoffrey."

Geoffrey, the Demon Lord's servant, was ecstatic that his lord would finally be making more friends. However he was looking so worried, telling his master, "Master do you have everything? Your card... books... notebooks- pen? I have also packed your laptop, tablet and the pen that comes with it- oh what else am I missing..."

He frantically recalls all the things that he packed. Azel's attention was slowly onto her bag, no wonder it was a little heavy but nothing she can't handle.

"Y-You can buy your own lunch at the cafeteria make sure to not curse anyone for simple things..." (Geoffrey) reminded her and Azel nodded in understanding.

"I will have the witch tour me around if possible. It appears that she's not so useless after all." (Azel) reassured the servant who sighs followed by a small smile. The witch was certainly living up to her expectations, whether it be getting information that she needed and might she count breaking the court rules of witches.

No tampering with humans.

If she's found guilty of such her license to practice magic will be revoked.

"Do you need to be picked up, master? Or will you teleport your way back home?" (Geoffrey) asks in a low whisper. Azel shakes her head looking around the school, appraising the certain glances of curiosity from a lot of the human students.

Flaunting your wealth gets you attention.

Perhaps from now on, she should have a different ride to university.

"No need. I will be fine on my own to teleport back. I will meet you at the apartment." (Azel) instructed and the servant nodded going back inside the car.

Geoffrey closes the door but before he leaves, he brings the windshield down and happily tells the demon lord, "I will prepare dinner, order some cake and celebrate for your return."

Axel couldn't help but faintly smile at the gesture. "I would love that. Oh and Geoffrey-" she calls out to her servant who laughs heartily finishing the sentence for her.

"Nothing chocolate flavored. You forget I have served you for more than almost six decades, master." (Geoffrey) remembers the reason why his master can't have any chocolate. It'll give her a week of stomach pain and it was basically poison for her.

Azel hmphs for a bit before shooing her servant away, gently as she could. "Off you go now."

Geoffrey waves a little, closing the door of the limo before driving off into the distance, soon their figure couldn't be seen anymore.

Ping!

She suddenly felt the vibration going off in her phone and noticed that the witch sent her a message.

[Annoying Witch messaged you]!

"Hmm..." (Azel) opens the messaging up and reads the message.

Annoying Witch: Hey~ Hey~ I'm behind you. I'm waving my hand!

Azel looked behind her and she saw the familiar pink hair that stood out of all of them. She was excitedly waving her arm around the air in a small distance and she noticed a familiar figure beside her.

"My lady- no... That's the girl." (Azel) had her confused again before regaining her senses.

The demon lord walked forward in their direction only to see the witch and her bride talk to one another before she ran away in a hurry.

Isabella, the Demon Lord's bride saw the unknown pretty stranger that saved her from the alleyway! From all those loan shark goons!

"A-Ah... she's-" she turns to the demon lord in a panic, looking at her swaying uniform and realizing.

'What the heck?! She goes to my school?!'

It was Isabella's raging thoughts and her immediate response was to run away.

She turns to Isabella with a slight flushed face, grabbing the sleeves of her uniform. "L-Lucinda! Sorry but- I have to go! I can't be late so I'll see you some other time!"

Lucinda leaned down with a shocked face and she was still holding her phone recording.

The happiness she was feeling left her body once Isabella exclaimed that she needed to leave. "Wait what?! Isabella you still have to-"

Before she can even finish, she wears dark sunglasses and a cap before rushing to leave. Lucinda was not able to stop her because the demon lord just got to where she was, staring at her in a confused way before looking over Isabella's small figure.

Her nose was able to pick up something on Lucinda's clothes. "Hmm... that scent that you have. That girl was here."

It certainly was not a mistake, the scent of her bride lingered and it clicked. The girl that must've just left was Isabella Insley.

Lucinda laughs nervously before scratching the back of her head feeling responsible. "I wanted to introduce her to you properly in school but it seems she has other plans... Or perhaps... she's avoiding you." (Lucinda)

"Why on earth do you think she has the need to avoid me?" (Azel) asks, crossing her arms looking at the path that has the scent of the girl that was supposed to be her bride to be.

"You look intimidating coming out of a limo. Geez that's something alright, you look like some billionaire's kid." (Lucinda) tries to word it out nicely but she ends up saying her honest thoughts.

"Hmph. I am one, temporarily adopted in one." (Azel) says casually before the witch furrows her eyebrows at what she just said. This demon lord- what? She refused to be her familiar but she was willing to be adopted by a human?!

"That is so unfair!" (Lucinda) exclaims, feeling cheated. "I called dibs on making you my familiar..."

"You mistook adoption for being a witch and a familiar contract. I made my servant's family adopt me so I can take on a human disguise. It will be easy since they have prepared all the papers I need to get into this... school." (Azel) looks up at the tall building of the university feeling overwhelmed.

Sure, she has stepped foot in Academies, public schools in the past but she attended knowing that she has to fulfill the demon lord role but now... she has to hide herself as a human and blend in.

"True... it would be weird adopting someone ten times older than me. Isabella is going to marry someone super older than her..." (Isabella) looks at the demon lord like she committed a crime but then stops after remembering that Isabella is legal to get married.

"Demons... don't care about age from what I've seen." (Azel) thinks of all the demons she's met in the demon realm. Some of them were prideful for kidnapping children, claiming them as their consort and such this was some of the norm.

Tales of it were being romanticized, but since Azel was a human turned demon.

It made her skin crawl of disgust, ill just of thinking about it.

"I still carry human morals so I understand your worry. I won't do anything the girl wouldn't like to do with me. Forcing her to marry me just because of some divine premonition... is one of them." she looks down on the ground, guiltily.

"I will just... make her like me." the demon lord mutters looking determined.

"And so this is why you decided to court her as soon as possible~ oh! Don't forget to add your whole jealousy point last time at the mall~ Jeez poor Jake looked like he was going to die from your fit of it." (Lucinda) teases the demon lord, looking at her new anti-bad luck charm checking to see if it will break.

The demon lord looked so red in anger, Lucinda was actually really afraid on the inside if the charm backflipped on her and it was one of the weak batches that she has made before. She braced for impact, possibly for anything that might happen but- "H-Huh?"

It seems that the charm was in one piece!

"Aw yeah! My charm upgrade worked! It didn't break at all, look!" (Lucinda) exclaims pointing at her charm to which the demon lord leans over to look and analyze that the charm is indeed not broken.

"No. It's more like this school has a walking charm that's stopping my rage of emotions from creating any bad luck. Even at this distance... It's impressive." the demon lord explains to the witch who slumps dejectedly hearing that it wasn't her charm stopping the bad luck coming.

"Wait does that mean- you can't use your bad luck powers anymore?" (Lucinda) asks and the demon lord thinks her words through.

It is right that she can't feel her imbalanced bad luck causing minor conveniences for others.

Wait, back then at the alleyway... she could still use it. "Let me test it. Would you mind being the guinea pig? Seeing that you have a charm and all. You can survive anything that might come." the demon lord raises her finger pointing at the witch.

"W-Wait!" (Lucinda) holds up her arms, closing her eyes.

Crack!

The charm on her neck cracked, the gemstone that was used for protection has its top with small crevices.

The other students were just watching everything all in confusion but they assumed that the two were well acquainted with each other.

The demon lord sees that no one got hurt except for Lucinda's charm.

Her hypothesis was right, "I see... It seems that my imbalanced nature is gone. I can control my bad luck now. Humans near me will be safe, and I can only bring bad luck to others if I want to." she drops her finger being pointed at the witch.

Lucinda was no longer afraid, putting her hands down and grabbing her charm to see the damage she frowned. "Geez, did our bond mean nothing to you? You use me as some test subject now. Hmph some friendship this is!"

"I would never trust just anyone with such a task. It could be only you, Lucinda."

Lucinda's ears perked at the last part of the sentence. "You... you said it!" she throws the charm away in her pocket and leans in closer happily at the demon lord. "My name!"

"Don't read too much into it, witch. We still have a lot of work to do." (Azel) shakes her off her trail and enters inside the school.

Lucinda's smile couldn't be any wider. Finally the demon lord is slowly becoming her friend. "Aw you meanie~! Wait for me! We have to talk about your love tactics with you know who-!" 

Thank you to my patreon!
Platymage
Mis0

12