Vol 1 – Chapter 25 (Battle Royale 3)
90 2 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sometime ago…

*THUD*

A muffled sound can be heard as a lifeless body fall to the pile of sands. Judging from the equipment that body wore such as leather gear & quiver strapped on his back, he is an archer type class, but he did not manage to draw or unsheathe his weapon so it can be assumed that he never seen what had hit him.

Right behind that player body are two daggers that lodged in deep before disappearing & leaving behind two holes. Soon after, a figure appeared on top of that body as the fallen archer figure vanishes to thin air.

That figure wore black tattered cloak that hide his limbs and a face mask covered his facial characteristic except his black eyes that seemingly stare into the void & soul of its victims.

“One down”

Night Edge commented seeing the vanishing body as his point in the ranking raised by one. In total, he has accumulated around thirty points in this event. Only focusing on low defence characters such as archers or magic casters so he can one shot them due to his [Ambush] passive skill.

His first advancement class [Rogue] gave him that skill which increased the damage he dealt to target that is unaware of his presence. Night Edge looked around the vast expanse of the sands before crouching and his silhouette vanishes.

That’s another skill [Hide] activated, This ability allowed him to camouflage to his surrounding reducing chances to get detected. But it gives him penalty of movement speed & constantly consume a little bit of SP (Stamina Point).

But contrary to magic caster’s {Invisibility] spell. This skill doesn’t have a cooldown allowing him to activate it whenever he wanted as he trudges on through the expanse of reddish-brown sand.

*RUMBLE*

From above, he can hear a storm is brewing as he looks up & see the cluster of grey clouds begun to cover the clear skies reducing light level making his presence even harder to detect.

Beneath his mask, he smirks thinking that it is quite lucky of him to get this weather effect. In the world of ‘Eidolon’, weather could affect players to some degree but most of them are negligible side-effects. But one in particular such as dimming the light level, enhance his [Hide] skill making it harder to notice his presence.

*Whoosh*

Soon after, he found a player appearing out of nowhere. Wearing beautifully embroidered robe with a familiar symbol of an eye inside the centre of a magic circle. She carries a thin iron staff & on top of that staff is a tennis ball sized glass orb seemingly glow in eerie cyan light.

She crouch letting her robe dirtied by the sands and a little bit in haggard as a part of her clothing is torn with several arrows stuck on her back.

Night Edge smiles in glee as a scrumptious food just lies before him. A basically free point in his eyes as he move closer readying his daggers. Due to that combination of effects, the exhausted mage haven’t noticed the approaching danger.

She continues to crouch and take a breather from hectic chaos, she had escaped from those battles not knowing that she teleported herself to another danger.

A glint of light caught her eyes but before she can react to that.

*CRASH*

A loud thunder almost tear up the skies and massive bolt of lightning directly struck at her, in which Night Edge cancelled his [Hide] skill and immediately dashed backward not wanting to get caught by the lightning area of effect damage.

Upon the sand settled down, while readying his dagger in defensive position Night Edge sees nothing left of that mage. Its true that some ‘Extreme Weather Effects’ can deal damage to players but it is almost unheard of in Battle Events that ‘Eidolon’ usually have.

Knowing this… most likely, this is caused by a magic caster player. His mind begin to connect the pieces.

Leading to that conclusion, almost instantly he kicked up the sands below him making a cloud of dust preventing people to gain vision to him. This is a smart move as it makes any long-range attackers have trouble targeting him.

Activating his skill [Hide] his silhouette vanished as the dust settles with Night Edge figure nowhere to be seen. Upon leaving that area he pursed his lips and gritting his teeth. Knowing his kill have been stolen. A question perked in his mind...

“Who casted it?”

That question lingers as he look up to the brewing storm. Wanting to know it, he activated a skill, this is his second advancement class skill.

There are many things considered in PVP battle. Firstly, their status & levels the differing range between them allows player to dominate the other party. Second is their skills or spells, there are special or unique skills in the world of ‘Eidolon’ that’s considered as overpowered or handy spells to be used in battle.

The third and the most important is experience. It is clear that Night Edge is an experienced PVP player, but what other people doesn’t know. Is that he hides his true class by wearing something stereotypical of his first class [Rogue]. This is already well-known by veteran PVPers making it hard to predict what their original class are.

Its commonly known for Rogues to advance into Assassin’s class as it is the on-going meta in terms of DPS in PVE or getting kills in PVP. Yet, his advancement is something else.

He chooses to be [Spell Thief], an advance class of rogue & in combination of magic casting. Many players doesn’t like this branch though as it doesn’t offer magic resistances even with the name [Spell Thief].

His activated skill [Spell Trace], allows him to trace of where and when the spell is casted. It function similarly to magic caster spell {Detect Magic] & it also provide information of who’s casting the spell.

It shows in his panel

Magie Magia

 

“Brown Rabbit?”

That is a nickname name is familiar to Night Edge, as he was a prey he couldn’t catch. Distasteful memories burn through his head as he remembered it clearly.

That time, he was assigned by the guild master to exterminate any players lurking near the dungeon <Juggling Forest> since there was a rumour saying that if you complete a secret mission inside that dungeon, you’ll be given a handy movement-based skill.

Of course, he did managed to exterminate many players there knowing how easy it is to defeat Level 1 to 10 players as a Level 45 at that time. In addition, he got the movement skill as its distributed in the guild.

But when he got out from that dungeon, he saw a newbie mage roaming around the field in curiosity. Clearly from his demeanour & confusion, that player is still new to this game not knowing the rules of veteran players & guild leaders in their greed.

Although his expression clearly indicate fear, knowing how intimidating Night Edge don himself with his outfit. Nevertheless, he arrived at a bad time & place as Night Edge prepared his daggers to complete the kill.

He tried to PK that brown robed magic caster. If not for his blunder by not equipping magic resistant gear assuming that all are newbie players.

He would’ve been able to PK that newbie but he casted a mental domination spell {Command} that worked well against him including his unique pet dog that inflict [Fear] status effect.

Upon return, he got scolded by the guild master, but their original goal have been achieved so it is not a bother or damaging their reputation since its only a singular player but that causes him to be reported as a criminal in the city adding more problems to him. In his heart, he swore to personally complete that kill to that player ‘Magie Magia’.

“I guess it’s the way that the heavens told me to complete it”

The creases on his mask indicated that Night Edge is widely grinning from ear to ear as he made a hand gesture & with that, his foot begun to glow faint white allowing him to increase his movement speed.

That is a Low-Tier spell {Speed} a handy buff spell that increase the user standard movement speed. Due to this buff, his [Hide] skill speed penalty is nullified allowing him to run through the sand dunes toward the direction of [Spell Trace] pointing.

He tilted his head for a moment a bit confused at what’s happening instead of leading him to the centre of the storm. The direction that his skill pointed leading away from it, although its not what he expected he continues to trust that skill as it never fails him.

And behold, he encountered a strange half-buried pyramid structure lies in the middle of an open sandy plains surrounded by many crumbled ruins & fallen monoliths.

The entrance to that pyramid structure has a faint blue glow that catch his attention. He began to speculate assuming that the person inside that pyramid is indeed Magie Magia.

“Is it the work of an item? Truth be told, some veteran players did encounter powerful magic items that allow them to manipulate weather from far away. But that’s impossible, brown rabbit is just a newbie”

Since his [Hide] skill still active, he crouched and lean on the side wall of the entrance before peeking in. What he saw, bedazzled Night Edge.

Inside the dusty interior of this pyramid structure. The walls of them are etched with hieroglyphs that have been long forgotten including imagery of humans & their what Night Edge would assumed to be kings or members of royalty.

But that is not what caught his attention, it’s what lies what the centre of this structure.

A lone humanoid silhouette draped in exquisite green robe. One can see how high the quality of the silk is judging by the gloss it did whenever small amount of blue light reflected from it. That is ‘Magie Magia’

His figure stands on top of an elaborate looking massive magic circle that encompasses the entire floor of this structure. The faint blue light comes from that circle, Its rune & symbols changes and turns. Making the whole view, breathtaking to look at.

Magie Magia is surrounded by numerous smaller magic circles that rotates & orbit on their own surrounding that large magic circle. They also hovers. It’s a mystical sight to look at but in his mind from PVPing, he knew this is a dangerous one.

“I see… brown rabbit levelled up”

Those are the thought that Night Edge comment, until the large magic circle cyan glow fades into nothingness. Leaving behind the etches on the ground, while several smaller magic circles too follow suit but leaving others still hovering & glow.

Since Night Edge still outside he looked up and saw the clustering clouds have dispersed as many can see the clear blue sky & its blazing hot sun raining down on the desert.

“His spell stopped… either he cancelled it, or someone interrupted it”

This is his chance to infiltrate with his [Spell Trace] already giving an outline of Magie Magia’s figure in golden light indicating that he’s the one casting that massive weather altering spell.

To test what kind of resistances, Magie Magia has. Night Edge decided to bring out another weapon he had just bought on a whim. On his right hand, is a tree branch that appeared to have been scorched black & covered with soot.

It is a magic item he bought from the ‘Player’s Market’ [Branch of Firebolt]. This way, he can figure out if the mage in front of him have magic resistance since higher level players would render low-tier spells invalid whenever they got hit by it.

Accompanied by that, he hurls a dagger to activate his [Ambush]. As a collector of daggers, he had many in his stash to bring in this event. At the moment, he brought three rare category daggers as what the rule entails.

For this one that he just hurled, is a magic dagger with fire element enchant. Capable of dealing extra fire damage when struck. Thankfully, the enchanted armour he’s wearing allowed any throwing daggers to return back to the straps on his chest.

Night Edge widened his eyes upon seeing what’s going on. His dagger & several firebolts impacted an invisible wall of force that have been deployed as Magie’s figure turn his gaze towards him.

Spiderweb cracks begun to arc from the point of contact & spreading through the barrier. Its confirmed, His [Spell Trace] indeed lead him to the very same Magie Magia who casted that massive weather altering spell & the one who escaped being PKed by Night Edge.

“Tch…”

Night Edge pursed his lips in annoyance as his [Ambush] skill rendered nullified.

[Authors Note: The battle between them has begun!!]

6