Chapter 79: Holding Back
233 4 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The time had rolled around for them to go to the place everyone but Hakuta had been dreaming of, the beach. Unfortunately this came at a bad time for some of them, Hakuta included. With the lingering ordeal regarding Rouko’s visit and learning of the secret towards his and Shiuka’s living situation. There was an air of tension among them.

It wasn’t enough to be picked up by the others. They were mostly too excited about being able to have some summertime fun that it was not in focus for them. So no one else noticed any lingering issues among the three over their own personal fun. Which was a good thing as both Hakuta and Shiuka didn’t want anyone to have to be down just because of their own situation.

So this was the price to pay, Hakuta thought as the group made their way to the beach. They weren’t kidding when it came to some upperclassmen wanting to enjoy their last summer in high school with style. It seemed there were many here beyond just one single class.

He wished he could’ve enjoyed the start of the day a bit more, but even if one were to discount his secrecy issues. This still didn’t change the fact that the boy was more at home being inside playing on his computer over being out here under the sun’s burning hot rays. Fortunately he put on lots of sunscreen.

“Woo!” Iruka let out a cheer once they took one step onto the hot coarse sand. “We finally made it.” She said, jumping about and taking in the nice warm air.

“You make it sound like we went on a journey.” He said. In reality, all they had to do was walk to the location in their swimsuits. “Honestly, when you guys said trip. I thought we’d be going out of town. But we could’ve always gone here every day if we want to.” Which is something he hoped they would never suggest to him. Once was already one more than he would’ve liked.

“But it makes things that much more special when we only do it once.” Ninka replied. Though she would’ve loved to spend more time lounging about in the sun. Perhaps she might consider coming back here on her own some other time. Then again, she could think of one person she would love to bring along alone together in a sort of date situation.

Out of everyone, he had yet to see what this girl was going to wear. It was obvious that Rouko would wear out her striped bikini that was picked up during their shopping trip. He also already knew about Shiuka’s as she had shown it to him before they had left for the beach. It was a cute pink bikini with frills all over to showcase a more innocent look compared to her friend’s skimpy outfit.

And then there was Ninka’s whom he would’ve never expected to see her wearing this. It was black, which was surprising since he’d figured she’d be like her friends and choose something which would match her reddish orange hair color. More importantly, it might’ve been even less modest compared to that of Rouko’s. Perhaps due to her larger size, but it seemed she got something of a similar size to that of her friend.

The strings holding it together appeared to be struggling to contain her bust. And even the bottoms with their tied up style looked as though she was merely a pull away from losing any sense of modesty.

If it was supposed to impress him, then it was working. In the manner which she hoped for, as he found himself glancing over at her body every few minutes. Yet there was the negative distraction in that he couldn’t believe someone would honestly wear what she had in public. She should’ve known by now that he wasn’t the type of boy to fall just because of a girl’s body. No matter how attractive.

“Hey Shiuka, you’re excited, right?” Asked Rouko. She had noticed the girl being oddly quiet considering the event. “You’ve been looking forward to this all week.”

“Excited?” She took a brief pause as she stared at her friend. Were this anyone else, she might’ve had an easier time in responding, but it was difficult considering the circumstances. “Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” Shiuka answered, trying to play off her lack of enthusiasm. “I’m just a little tired, I’m sure I’ll wake up more once we get into the water.”

This response worried Rouko. While she had no suspicions that her friend actually already saw her on camera doing something with Hakuta. It was assumed by her that her friend’s apprehension might’ve been caused by stress from keeping that living situation with Hakuta.

A part of her wanted to try and help her out. To just forget about what that boy asked her to do and tell her right now that she was aware of the truth. But even if she did so right now, what would that fix? All that would do was change how their breach trip went and ruining it for everyone else was something she didn’t want to do at all.

For now, she would bite her tongue unless there was something else which forced her hand. But that would be unlikely to occur in her mind. For now, she just wanted to have fun with her friend.

“Hey Hakuta, can we just talk for a bit?” Yuusen grabbed the boy’s shoulder and attention. “Just us guys for a moment?”

“Knowing you two, I get the feeling I know what this is all about.” He responded, but followed them off course for a bit. After joining high school, they weren’t really a traditional trio who always stuck together. And they only proved his suspicions correct with their next question.

“Hakuta, it’s kind of unfair, don’t you think?” Itsuki started off their conversation. “All the girls just keep talking to you. Why can’t you save some for us too?”

“It’s not my fault I can’t get what I want.” He responded. It was rather bold of them to assume he was going around trying to steal girls who weren’t dating anyone else. Outside of Shiuka and Iruka, he just wanted to be left alone for the most part. Not that he got it, but it was a decent thing for the boy to wish for. “Besides, it’s just a bunch of boring stuff anyway. If you guys want to take your shot, go and shoot. I’m not going to stop you.”

“And we’re not going to let you.” Said Yuusen. For a moment, knowing these two idiots he believed they were going to unironically tied him up and leave him somewhere so none of the girls could find him. If they did do this, he hoped they’d at least give him a game to play so he could be occupied for a long while. “So we already told Ninka you wanted to see her alone by those rocks over there.” He pointed to the location where they already saw the girl heading there alone.

“I can’t believe you.” He looked at them in disappointment and sighed. There was no other choice but to head there himself. Even though he didn’t want to give that girl the wrong idea, he also didn’t want to stand her up on something he didn’t even ask for. “You could’ve just told me to hang out with Iruka or something.”

Something like that he could’ve more than lived with. In fact, Hakuta was hoping to see her more at the beach. Since unlike with the rest of the girls, he didn’t believe he had a deep enough understanding of what she was like. Also because she was someone who hadn’t kissed him yet, so at least he wouldn’t have to deal with thinking of it while they were dressed in less than normal clothing.

But alas he would have to head over somewhere else away from the others. Only to have to see a girl who had the hots for him over a matter still way over his head. Hakuta had little clue as to why Ninka would like him. Sure there was the assumption that he reminded her of her father, whom seemed to be the only normal one of the bunch for his family. Or maybe he was the weird one since that man was the only one different from everyone else?

If so, then maybe his friends had a point in calling him the weird one. Though Hakuta would continue to disagree and argue them on that point. “Hello?” He called out once he arrived at the location. It seemed empty, but the boy knew he saw her heading this way before he got here. So where did Ninka go?

“Gotcha!” It didn’t take long for her to show her presence, or more accurately make him know she was around by sneaking up behind the boy and squeezing him tightly for a hug. “You’re a real sneaky devil.” Said Ninka, giving him some compliments from her misunderstanding. “Asking to see me all the way out here where no one can see us.”

“Well, there’s a sneaky devil among us alright.” He replied in a disappointed fashion. “Too bad that’s not me.”

6