Chapter 8: busting the bank
285 1 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 8: busting the bank

 

There are even water bubbles that store 25 to 30 liters near the rubble that is still intact.

 

Before eating or cooking he started to use the finder ability to check if there is any contamination or problem with food and water.

 

…………..

 

After a few minutes there is a great smell of fried chicken wings in the air nearby.

 

Chandu has eaten some leftover chicken wings that went cold when he was working in some places part time.

 

This is the first time he has eaten then hot.

 

He learnt how to cook from those cooks when working in many places.

 

So he can practically cook many kinds of food.

 

Either by smell or by other reasons some people that can be numbered by fingers appeared nearby.

 

But when they saw the bloody shovel nearby Chandu, they stood looking silently towards Chandu.

 

 All in all Chandu did not bothered by them.

 

One of them seems to see that there is still some food in the refrigerators of super market.

 

So they rushed over to get the food.

 

Seeing this other people also ran over there.

 

There doesn’t seem to be any one with skills here.

 

But Chandu was not sure so he immediately called out causing them to stop in their tracks and looked towards Chandu with a little fear.

 

“Hey stop”

 

Looking at their faces Chandu know that he has inspired fear in them so he cleared this by saying.

 

“Don’t worry I am not going to stop you from eating that food.

 

I wanted to ask if any of you have obtained any skills or something like that…..”

 

None of those people spoke and Chandu looked at their face to see their expression to see if there are any changes.

 

But he found only confusion in their faces.

 

So he decided to go to the fridge to check them using the finder skill.

 

He walked to the fridge and took out few more packets of chicken wings.

 

“Since we don’t know when we are going to eat well and this food is not going to stay longer time.

 

I will cook them for you.

 

Just gather the floor and some spices I say and I will cook them.

 

Then we will eat together before dispersing.”

 

Chandu said these words and took all the frozen chicken wings with him to the area where he lit the fire.

 

The few people looked at each other and started to do as Chandu asked them to do.

 

It may be due to fear or trust but still they did as Chandu said.

 

Chandu looked at them as they came close to Chandu with food materials that Chandu asked.

 

Every time a person arrived near him Chandu used the finder skill to check if they have any ability.

 

Soon he was disappointed to find that none of them have any skills.

 

He simply cooked the food in front of them and checked with the finder skill if there is any problem with the food.

 

After confirming that there is no problem he took a few pieces into a basket and shared the remaining into equal parts for those people to eat.

 

Then he left the area while eating a chicken wing on the way.

 

Before leaving he took an ice cream from the fridge and moved while eating.

 

The direction that he chose is based on the feedback of the finder skill for his question.

 

In this town it is miracles if there are 100 survivors, and finding a skill user in those 100 is even less.

 

It is miracle in itself that Chandu and Priya both were able to obtain a skill.

 

Most probably, the people that obtained a skill were already dead in the rubble under the building.

 

Chandu was sure of this and he cannot dig all the rubble of those huge apartments.

 

Chandu also remembered that most of these apartments have gas cylinders and they were blasted during the earthquake.

 

In short the entire town was blasted by the household gas cylinders.

 

The destruction caused by these blasts has killed most of the people.

 

Chandu sighed and moved towards his school area, with some caution.

 

If there are any gas cylinders that are still not blasted then there is a chance that they would blow up in the later earthquakes.

 

So Chandu’s caution is necessary.

 

He moved based on the directions of the finder skill with a question to find him the thing that will be useful to his future more.

 

On the way to his school he found the local bank.

 

He wanted to get some gold or jewels before moving as there is a chance that they are useful in the future.

 

The building is fairly intact at that moment.

 

Chandu made his way towards the vault where the lockers are there along with gold and valuables.

 

When he arrived in front of the vault door he saw that the electronic key was already busted.

 

The backup battery inside the vault might already be done for like the other batteries in the town.

 

Thinking these things Chandu asked a question to the finder skill.

 

“Is there a way for me to enter this vault?”

 

“Host, use the cutting plier you have to stab at number 0 of the electronic key panel and press it for 8 seconds.

 

Then rotate the rotating lever to the left by three rounds to open the vault door.”

 

Chandu received this information into his mind.

 

Chandu did not speak but got into action as he did as the finder skill suggested.

 

It seems like this electronic lock has a manual gear system, with special model lock.

 

Finally the vault door really opened and Chandu was able to see gold and silver biscuits in a small part of the rack.

 

Except for that the entire rack is filled with local currency which is useless at the moments.

 

There are many lockers to the left and right but all of them are locked with double key system……………

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 15 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

12