Chapter 16: the city of Agarat
138 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 16: the city of Agarat

 

They have decided that they would wait for the day and if they did not come back by tomorrow then the scouting party that saved Chandu would check this issue.

 

Now the important part what they are going to do with people like Chandu.

 

They did not expect incidents like this to happen where they would bring refugees.

 

So they made Chandu and a few other that were brought along to wait at the city gate to inform about this to the magistrates, officials and the city lord.

 

This is a very important thing and information is very important at a time like this.

 

So these refugees were ordered to be brought to the city lord’s office where the officials were present to get the first hand information from these refugees.

 

Chandu was marveled to see the old looking city that looked like it was from 1900’s.

 

There is a mix of three kinds of atmospheres where

 

The first one is like it was some wild west cowboy setting with guns…..

 

The second is like it was some sort of dungeon defense adventurer’s setting with many strange armors and weapons.

 

The third is like it was some sort of scholarly and business oriented style setting where there are markets, street shops, malls, motor vehicles, industries………

 

All in all one thing is certain

 

This is a mess.

 

There is another thing that Chandu observed that is there is only a little damage to these buildings because of the earthquake.

 

Chandu don’t know the reason at first but soon he saw some mages using various elemental magic to repair the buildings at an extremely faster rate.

 

Well these are official buildings.

 

Then there are some strong people or magically enhanced people moving the rubble to rescue the people down there and the others are reconstructing the broken buildings.

 

Chandu don’t understand how magicians that should be on the higher level are actually doing these basic chores.

 

Well he doesn’t know everything related to this city.

 

He only knows some details based on the information that he got from the scout party leader that he killed.

 

Finally they reached the city lord’s office at the centre of the city.

 

They were arranged to stay in a room for waiting.

 

Then they were called one by one to another room for questioning and the people here are the city lord, magistrates, and other officials along with business people.

 

Chandu know that he has to make good use of this opportunity to promote himself and get the recognition of these people.

 

Chandu was also sure that there is no equipment on earth that would be able to withstand the previous earthquakes.

 

So based on his calculation there should be less than 1 percent of people left from his earth after the earthquake.

 

Based on this, it was practically impossible to make them all form a team and raise into another country of earth.

 

So the best option right now is to become the citizen of this city or the country above it to live.

 

For this he started to piece out the information step by step as he planned to gain their favor.

 

Finally when he was prepared, he was called for questioning.

 

In the room there are many strong presences that made his legs a little soft to face all of their eyes.

 

The strong oppression made Chandu feel like he was carrying a bolder on his body.

 

Chandu grit his teeth until his gums bleed but he did not falter and moved forward.

 

He was told to sit on a chair at the front facing the people.

 

Chandu saw the hierarchy as the people sat in step by step showing their position.

 

The person sitting on the top looked young but he was not a young man.

 

He should be many years old.

 

Then to the below sat some old men and some young men who should be magistrates, ministers and city lord’s family….

 

Below that on one side there are military disciplined men which should be from military side of the city.

 

On the other side there are a little fat but military disciplined people which should be from the business side of the city.

 

They looked at Chandu without much expectation.

 

But one of the assistants spoke that Chandu received a skill which made these people wanted to know more.

 

Gaining skills is a common thing for them as every youth on the planet when they reach the age of 18 has a chance to receive a skill mysteriously.

 

They called this as god’s blessing for the new generation.

 

It is not only for humans but all other races would also receive this kind of blessing in the form of a skill.

 

But the age at which they receive varies based on some mysterious will of god.

 

Well not everyone will receive a skill and the person that did not receive a skill can obtain them through other means like training, magic skill books, granted by other people and even worshiping a god at the altar….

 

Finally one of the official assistants spoke.

 

“What is your name?”

 

Chandu did not look much nervous as he was able to adapt to this kind of oppression quickly because he worked in a gangster bar part time before.

 

So he was able to adapt easily and answer the questions with ease.

 

“I am called Chandra or Chandu”

 

“I am an orphan so I don’t have a surname.”

 

They continued to ask questions related to his town and earth.

 

Then they asked about the skill that Chandu obtained.

 

We have heard that you have obtained a skill so tell us about that skill.

 

Chandu smiled and said.

 

“My skill is called Mapping.

 

Current range is 1 meters.

 

I can view a 3 dimensional map that can recognize all the things that can identify pointed into the map.

 

I was able to find an herb that saved my life when I was chased by those wolves previously when I escaped from the town……….

--------------------------------------------------

You can read the 50 chapters free at my blog

sourourer.blogspot.com

---------------------------------------------------

4