Chapter 1
69 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I am currently a Siberian shorthair cat with black eyes. If you ask why I am currently in this form, it’s because it’s fun. Not only am I a small, quick, and nimble cat, humans love me in this form. Not to toot my horn here, but I’m a pretty cute cat.

As I was continuing my life as a stray cat, I got grabbed by someone. It was a young girl with short, black hair and gold-colored eyes. Behind her was what I assumed to be her mother running and trying to chase her.

“Slow down Mia,” the mother called out. “You’re about to trip and fall.”

And fall she did as Mia stumbled on her foot and fell. I, a nimble cat, managed to jump out of her arms at the last second, managing to escape the fall. At this point, the mother caught up to Mia and was looking at her with a menacing glare.

“What do you think you’re doing, young lady? Do you know how worried you made me after suddenly running away from me like that?”

“Mommy, I was chasing the kitty. Can we keep it? It’s so cute!!!” (Mia)

That came straight out of nowhere. How rude to ask if you could keep a cat of such stature as I. a mere family can ’t chain me down. Do you know who I am? I could see the hesitation in the mother’s face as she was pondering the idea of keeping a cat such as me as a pet. A reasonable person indeed. 

However, Mia pulled out one of the most damaging weapons that only a child could use: puppy eyes. In the end, no parent could resist the puppy eyes of their child, especially of a child as cute as Mia. With much reluctance, the mother said,

“Fine, we’ll keep it, but only if you take care of it. You’re a big girl now, right?”

Mia silently nodded with an extremely pleased face as every word came out of her mother’s mouth. 

“Yep, I’m 7 now! I promise I’ll take care of the kitty from now on”

They sealed my fate with those words. I might be fast as a cat, but I cannot outrun two humans, and am not willing to risk revealing my identity to them by shape-shifting.

Speaking about my identity, it’s time to speak about mine. Readers are special, as you’re the only ones who can know this. You’re special anyway if you dug up and find this random book out of many existing in this world. I am a 125-year-old male who stopped aging and maturing at 16. I have watched the death of many, including my family, but at this point, it’s been so long that after an absurd amount of transformations, I started forgetting things. I even don’t remember what I look like. All my memories from back then are blurry at this point, anyway. No need to worry about them.

Back to reality. We arrive at the girl’s house as my short backstory ends. With me in her grasp, Mia runs to the door to immediately unlock it. I get brought to the living room where I’m put down immediately. Going back against my own words before, I attempt to run, but at this point, it’s too late. Mia grabs me again and puts me down on the carpet as I truly realize my fate. I am destined to be a pet for this family for the years to come.

“I’ll name you Oliver. Seems like a nice name”

Weird. That was already my last name. Could this be a coincidence or a child’s whim? She said that it seemed like a nice name to her, but I guess we’ll never truly know. The person who I’ll just refer to as mother from now on came into the room with a collar. At this point, I had resigned myself to fate and chose to accept these chains to my freedom. After everything that happened today, I was tired without much energy to resist. In the end, I fell asleep.

When I woke up in the morning, I jumped off the bed and trotted to the bathroom, where I jumped up to look at the mirror. I reminded myself of my beauty again, as I adored my beautiful fur and blue eyes. The thing that stood out was my collar, which was red with a silver place with my name - Oliver. I felt as if it ruined my beauty, but that was something I would have to deal with for the next…….. How long do cats live? Putting trust in my untrustworthy memory, I remembered that cats usually lived at least 10-12 years, which meant that…..

I HAD TO KEEP UP THESE CHARADES FOR 10-12 YEARS??? I truly regret at this point not choosing to run away at the beginning when I thought I did not have a chance. I have already lived for over 120 years. I don’t want to spend the next 10 or 12 years acting as a pet and keeping up with a child’s whims. I understand that I’m old, but I still have a life to live. They just announced the new Hunter x Hunter season! I still have to wait for One Piece to finish. I’ve been watching it for over 20 years now and am still invested in the anime. We’re only at 1,019 episodes. It’s gonna finish soon, anyway? Right? I can’t believe this. I’m going to find a way to get out of here soon, or else I’m going to lose my mental sanity.

0