Log 08
139 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Pilot Darren “cyber96” Lyons had been getting sick of waiting around, being a stim pilot nearing triple digit generation he was one of the most impatient of his many bodies such as cyber04 which had been a cloak pilot, the smug prick on the other side of the drop ship must have been able to tell he was thinking of him because he looked up from the Kraber he had been field stripping to tilt his head at him. 

“Something on my visor?” The pilot in full black cloak and ghillie suit asks in the middle of re-attaching his rifles scope, his visor customised for minimal LED lights staring back blankly, “YES! We should be in the thick of it by now! I need to crack some IMC piece of shits visors open to work off all this tension before I blow a circuit!” The modified smooth aerodynamic form of the stim pilot throws his arms up in frustration.

Before cyber96 could continue to rant the subtle forward motion of the drop ship stops and he looks to the back as the ramp starts to drop, he spots at the ramp of the drop ship the only other passengers a bulky A-wall pilot in black and yellow checkered tactical gear and a full face visor marked with a large spray painted red 10 across the side of their helmet  standing beside a holo pilot in simple urban-camo equipment  who waves the two over, “so 04, 96 what do you thinks going on there?” The holo pilot waves a hand at the crumbling superstructure that was a cluster of factory acrologies, now a twisted tower of metal and scrap, “because I don’t think we can extract any fancy new prototype blueprints from rubble” the holo pilot finishes.

The A wall pilot with a full visor faceplate moves closer to the ramps edge and a secondary visor drops down to work as binoculars, “well looks like we aren’t the only people to take this contract” he says before sending a video file to the other pilots showing a pilot in very odd armour atop what could only be the prototype Titan they need to find the blueprints of, “so who wants to be in charge of negotiating this time?” He looks to the other three pilots.

04 sighs loudly as his voice modulator would allow and grabs the zip line that had shot down a short distance from the mystery pilot now looking at them, “if I die tell 02 he owes 12 a ronin with quad dash kit modifiers” and slides down. 

After hitting the rubble he looks up to the pilot and waves “sup look we were sent here for the blueprints of that, could you give us a copy? We can give you a cut of the pay for it in exchange, everyone goes home happy and paid?”

A signal pings off 04’s main processor before the pilots body language seems to shift from caution to complete relaxation then Excited , “a sibling! And if the numerals on that one is accurate there is more! This shall be my greatest liberation yet! So many siblings at once!” The pilot claps their hands at the sight of the three other pilots that had approached from behind 04 when the mystery pilot hadn’t shot him, “uh what?” 96 asks voice dripping complete confusion.

Several hours earlier 


[insertion completed, mission target marked, optional targets marked]

Pitch hits the ground and looks around, it would seem he is simply in the middle of a vast dessert, that is if you ignored the massive towers threatening to exit the atmosphere blocking the sun over the horizon, the towers alight with activity, drones and ships hopping between the towers, giant rails carrying machinery between them.

“A factory? The siblings will be fresh off the line! They will barely have developed a personality!” 

Pitch sighs understanding while there will likely be many very few will truly be developed enough to be sibling until much later. 

Dusting off and checking their weapons pitch begins their journey to the massive factory towers.

Approaching the base of the closest tower the source of the massive industrial tower’s materials becomes clear, in the space between the towers is a massive circular quarry with the towers along its edge, within the quarry is the largest quantity of any raw metal pitch has ever seen, the entire floor of the quarry seemingly made of some ore.

Within the quarry siblings big and small work to unearth the ore and transfer it to the nearest towers base where more siblings and lofts take it into the massive vertical factory. 

[optional offered by viewer (SN): robo revolution!:

Convince the robots of the facilities to join you in a bloody robotic uprising! And conquer the local galaxy!] 

[accept?]

[Yes/No]

[No] 

[quest removed]

Pitch shakes their head they don’t care for conquering only the gaining of more siblings for their cause!

Now how best to go about this should they go bottom up, collapse the tower, top down, or a mix of them all. Should probably consider the targets first.

[main: theft (any Titan  or blueprints of Titans successfully taken 40 km form the facilities is counted as a capture and mission can be ended)]

[optional: a little theifing (steal prototype Titan)

reward: the Titan]

[optional: yoink (steal blueprints)

Requirements: steal any blueprints 

Rewards: access to local technologies]

[Optional: all you factory are belong to me, (capture facilities)

Requirements: no imminent severe structural failure and surrender/ defeat of all hostile combatants]

Reward: access to facilities regardless of location]

[Optional: you kill me you’re betta I kill you? (Kill pilot captain Ramirez)

Reward: complete pilot training, one use of regeneration, access to ‘load out’ feature, Pilot simulation pod and 1,000 points] 

To best meet the requirements for the quests pitch wants most they will first need to know the layout of the facility and location of their targets so they head off towards the nearest towers looking for a console to access.

Avoiding the siblings and cameras is made easier by the shade cast by the massive towers, Pitches’ armour having a white paint job almost ruining said advantage, luckily they stay undetected.

Finally reaching a tower pitch scales it up to a nearby maintenance railing and enters through a maintenance hatch. 

0