2 -> First Meeting
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I murdered my birth mother

That was the first sin I committed as a human being.

She alongside my father had sold my little sister to the priest of our fire sect. 

They kept telling me it was for education, that they had taken her away in order to study under him and become the next fire priest. 

All these lies quenched my anger a bit, but a voice in the back of my mind kept telling me to not believe their sweet words.

As anger kept boiling inside my body, their lies became even more disgusting.

They no longer thought anything of the daughter they sold.

Seeing the filth I was living alongside, I went out to look for my younger sister.

After several days of searching, I finally found her but seeing her only lead me to fall into deeper despair.

Her body was lying amongst the kingdom's garbage.

I poked her, no response

I called out to her, no response

I shook her body, no response

After multiple tries, there came no response

The only reality I was forced to accept was her death.

Seeing her innocent and joyful eyes now turned lifeless, devoid of any emotion made my blood boil

Seeing her soft and chubby skin now turned bony and full of bruises made my tears fall

Seeing her beautifully polished nails now removed made my anger flow

After several hours of the turmoil of emotions inside my body, finally came the moment of stillness and peace.

My thoughts were wrong.

My young sister was not dead, she was now simply living inside me.

Yes, she and I are the same person.

We are but one.

Thus whoever caused her so much suffering and pain must also receive the same treatment.

...

...

...

[Hello~ mom ♥]

[huh? wait, Julia, why are you acting like your little sister?]

[What are you talking about? I am HER haahahaa~ ♥]

A nervous smile crept through the woman's face

[o--oI J-Julia what are hiding behind..our god of fire watches everything you kn-GHAAAKKK!! Y-Y-YUU..... ]

Before the woman could spout any more lies, I thrust the knife directly into her heart. 

The knife's blade turned hot thanks to my fire magic, sizzling the innards and the black heart of the lying woman.

The woman fell down and crimson blood gushed out of her wound, her weak hands clutching my dress and the look of hatred clouded her eyes.

At least in her final moments, she was able to experience some pain that my sister endured.

This was good

[If this god of fire was a good person, it wouldn't have allowed such injustice to befall my sister]

This was my first murder.

The teachers at church told me murder was a sin, it fills you up with burden and misery.

But right now I felt anything but that.

I felt elated

I felt joyous in bringing some justice to my sister.

I felt light, I no longer had to hear her lies.

But the task was not over. 

As I kicked the hand lifelessly clutching my legs, I went out to find everyone responsible.

...

...

...

Two weeks passed

I had now killed five people in total. 

All of these people were responsible for selling my sister to the monster's den.

Now only some people remained.

One of them being my father, the others being the fire priest and his cronies.

But before I could take further action, I got forced into hiding.

There are posters all over the kingdom, deeming me to be a serial killer.

Thus going out in public is impossible now.

But this hiding too didn't last long, it seems like someone found my hiding spot and reported it to the authorities.

As they smash open the door and barge in to arrest me, I make my leave through the window. 

Fleeing from my chasers, I make my way to the dense forest outside the kingdom walls.

This happened a week after the last major battle between Humans and Demons. It was named the battle of Dermanian woods, as it took place outside the vast forest that spread outside the kingdom

As I run through the Dermanian woods, suddenly something snatches my hands and forces me into their embrace.

[I'm here to help]

They put a hand against my lips and after a few minutes, the guards' footsteps are no longer audible.

Looking around, it was all dark. Where was I?

A second later came an answer to the question arrived as the trapdoor above my head opened and we climbed out of the hole.

The mysterious person pointed their finger in several directions, revealing numerous hiding pits scattered across.

[Thank you~ *fmmmm* saving me, I was soooo scareeeed uwwaaaa~ ♥]

It seems my cutesy frail girl act worked, as the mysterious stranger removed the cloak hiding the face

[Can you stop acting all innocent miss cute criminal]

the woman said as she winked in my direction.

Yes, it was a woman.

A woman who looked much older than me, she was probably in her late 20s.

Her lips were smiling but her eyes were sharp and fierce like a lion.

[Wh-what are youuuuu talking about sister~! Those bad were trying to hurt me ♥]

[ooooohhhh, is that soooo, then why does little miss's body smell of blood?]

As the woman's smile broadened, my sense of danger grew large and I quickly stabbed the woman's heart with my knife.

The scene I was now familiar with repeated itself and the woman fell down on the grass.

She was now dead

[Thank you for saving me]

I bowed to show my respect and turned around to go my way. I still had upending business.

Suddenly a hand quickly latched to my ankle, turning around I saw the woman I just killed turn her head up.

[Ow, ow, ow...now that was not very cutesy of you little criminal]

The smile on the woman's face grew.

I locked my eyes with her, in her eyes I saw spiraling darkness and evergrowing madness.

A feeling took spark in my heart.

A feeling I hadn't felt for a very long time.

True fear.

Impulsively, I crouched down and stabbed the hand grabbing my ankle.

Blood lushed out of her head but her grip on me only tightened.

I stabbed her face, gushing her left eyeball out but her maddening smile only grew.

[Wh-who the HELL ARE YOU!!!]

I screamed as tears started falling from my eyes and my body violently shook

[mhm, not acting so innocent now, are we, young lady]

Seeing such absurdness my sense of reality broke and I fell unconscious

That was my first time meeting Vulpes, the person whom I fell in love with.

And the person who became my first and last friend.

0