Chapter 3
213 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Huh, what's this?"

I discovered that there was a new page in the stats window. It was the skills page.

I clicked on the new page. In response, a window popped up.

Skills:

(Passive)

Basic Melee Weapon Mastery Lv.1

Basic Wood Cutting Skill Lv.1

Basic Magic Lv.1

(Active)

Knife Slash Lv.1

Summoning Lv.1

There is a lot of information on the skills page. The basic melee weapon mastery must have come from me using the knife to cut down the trees. Same for Basic Wood Cutting Skill and Knife Slash.

I don't know where Basic Magic and Summoning came from, but I'm not going to question something that came to me for free.

I looked at the Basic Melee Weapon Mastery skill for a few seconds and the skill description popped up in front of me.

[Basic Melee Weapon Mastery Lv.1]

When using Melee weapons, durability reduction is lowered by 1%

Lowered percentage increases by 1 when the skill level is increased

This is actually quite useful. If a weapon had 100 durability and each hit took away 1 durability. Then, with this skill, you would be able to deal 101 strikes at lv.1. Obviously, this number will vary on the weapon's attack rate, speed, durability, and other related things.

After that, I turned to look at the Basic Magic skill.

[Basic Magic Lv.1]

You have acquired the ability to use basic magic

The efficiency of basic magic is increased by 10%

Mana consumption is reduced by 5%

Each lv. increases efficiency by 10% and mana consumption reduction by 5%

This is a good skill to have. All magicians have this skill. At lv.10, it allows the user to do twice as much damage with the same spell. And this skill grows the more magic the user casts.

Then I looked to Knife Slash

[Knife Slash Lv.1]

Increase damage by 15%

Cooldown: 20 seconds

Each level increases damage by 15% and reduces cooldown time by 2 seconds (Lv.10 cooldown time is 1 second)

Finally, I turned to the Summoning skill

[Summoning Lv.1]

Ability to summon creatures to do your bidding

Available summons:

-Goblins -Mana Consumption: 50

Summoned amount: 0/10

More summons and the summoned amount will unlock by leveling up your character and your summoning skill

Wow, a summoner's skills. Looking at the skill description, it probably came from my builder type class. This could be handy. These summoned creatures could help me out. Let's try out his skill. I went outside the house.

I have 100 mana as I have 10 points in Intelligence. Each point in intelligence increases mana by 10.

"Summoning," I tried saying the skill name, nothing happened. Maybe I need to say the name of the creature.

"Summon goblin," It worked. My mana depleted by half, and a magic circle appeared on the floor, a light slowly came out of the magic circle. It shaped into what looked like a goblin. The light faded away and a goblin was revealed.

It was looking around confused. Since I summoned it, I should be able to command it. I tried giving it an order.

"Jump," the goblin did exactly as I told it to. Suddenly, a system window popped up.

[Tutorial completed]

[New quests acquired]

[Building menu unlocked]

Huh, what's this? There was a tutorial? It seems like it was a hidden tutorial. It ended when I summoned the goblin. There's a new building menu feature.

I opened the stats window and there was the new building menu page. At the top of the page, there are different options to choose from. There is building, weapons, tools, accessories, etc. I clicked on the tools option. Basic tier tools came up on the page. I'll probably unlock better tier building manuals in the future.

For now, I'll have to deal with basic tier stuff. I clicked on the axe, and a page came up. It stated how to make a wooden axe. It was separated into two parts. The head and the handle. I decided to make the head first.

I imagined a wood log coming out of my inventory. It floated down onto the floor. I cut out a hand-size block piece from the log using the copper knife. I clicked on the start button that was at the bottom page.

A guiding system showed up the wood block. Several moving lines showed up on the block, I probably need to cut it along these lines.

I started to cut at it using my copper knife. I was cutting at the block when I remember the goblin I summoned earlier. I actually forgot about the goblin. I decided to test out what the goblin can do. Maybe it could do the work for me.

I cut out an arm-length long block and gave it to the goblin. The building menu stated that I can share my knowledge with my summoned creatures, so I told the goblin to make a wooden axe handle. It took the block from my hand and started to use its nails to slowly scrape away at the wood block. I panicked and quickly ordered it to stop. With the pressure it put onto its nails, they would definitely have snapped.

"How could I forget that goblins are stupid?" I questioned myself. Well, no use asking that now. I gave the goblin the copper knife that I had and gave it an order to use the knife to make the handle. The goblin started to work on the handle again, this time without hurting itself. And it was doing its job quite fast.

I gave the knife to the goblin, so I couldn't make the axe head myself. I put aside the wood block that I had and went towards the well. I think the water level rose a bit.

I looked at my status. It was currently 3.30pm I have quite a lot of time before night time.

Players don't need to sleep at night, most players can just farm monsters and earn exp at night just like at day time. And players get a 10% exp boost when hunting at night. The reason being that more powerful monsters usually come out at night to hunt.

For new players, it is dangerous to be outside the town at night. They would either have to log out at night time and wait for the next morning. Or they could try to brave the night and get killed.

There is a reason for players to sleep though. Logging out on a bed would give players some benefits. For example, they can get a strength increase for a limited time. And it boosts healing too.

I know not to be out in the wild at my current level 1. I will have to log out at nighttime. Nighttime is around 8-9 in-game hours and 2.5 to 3 hours in real-time.

After looking at my status, I turned back to look at the goblin. He was almost done with the axe handle. He sure works fast. I walked back to him and praised the goblin's speed at cutting the wood. He seemed happy to get praised by me.

I then summoned another goblin. The new goblin looked identical to the last. To not be confused as to which goblin was which, the goblins had an earpiece that had a number on it. The first goblin had the number 1 and the second had 2.

I also decided to have the first goblin be the main goblin. Anyhow, I feel that when I decided for him to be the main goblin, the aura around him improved. Weird.

The goblin quickly finished the handle. And a message popped up.

[Goblin (1) has gained 1 exp]

Woah. The goblin earned exp from finishing the handle. I should be feeling happy that my summoned goblin earned exp but I couldn't help but feel down. My summoned goblin earned exp earlier than I did. It's all because I was too lazy to do something myself. If I had made the handle myself, I would have earned the exp instead.

Thus, I resolved to make the axe head personally. I took back the copper knife and began to cut away at the wood block. It took me double the time it took the goblin to finish the handle. But in the end, I successfully made the axe head. I was waiting for the message to appear.

But it didn't.

"Huh?! Why don't I get exp?" I asked the goblins with tears in my eyes. A message popped up. Finally, I got my first exp.

[Tool level too low to earn exp]

[You have acquired Craftsmanship Lv.1]

It wasn't what I expected. The system provided me with an answer to my question. At least it was generous enough to give me compensation for it.

I looked up the information on the new skill.

[Basic Craftsmanship Lv.1]

Speed in crafting works is increased by 10%

Durability of finished works is increased by 2%

Leveling up will increase speed by 10% and increased durability by 2%

"Thank you, Clarity-Oneesama." I could almost cry. This skill would come in quite handy. I can use the tools that I make more efficiently. After leveling it up to Lv.10, the durability will increase by a fifth. Thinking till here, I don't know how much exp is required for leveling up.

Looking at the bottom of the skill information page, it seems to need 200 exp to level up.

It'll take quite some time to level it up.

After confirming the skill information, I put the axe head and the handle together.

[You have successfully crafted a wooden axe]

[Atk:2]

[durability:200]

After this, I made two wooden knives and another wooden axe. I gave the axes to the goblins. Then I brought them to the forest. I told them to cut down a tree. They did exactly that. And they earned some exp. I stored the wood into my inventory. At this point, the goblins turned towards the deeper part of the forest. They were growling at something. That thing was headed towards us. Soon, it came into our view.

A rabbit. It's the ideal opponent for level 1 players. So, I ordered the goblins to stay back. They nodded in agreement. I engaged the rabbit.

It was glaring at me. It could tell that I wanted to hunt it. It dashed and jumped at me.

2