Chapter 4
244 1 5
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The rabbit dashed and jumped at me. Its sharp teeth were going towards my head. It's trying to bite into my head.

"I won't let you," I swung the copper knife from right to left. I hit the rabbit's teeth, enough to change the direction it was heading. It scraped my left shoulder. There was some pain, but not too much.

As it landed on the ground, It tried to stabilize. I took this chance and swung my knife again. But this time I used a skill.

"Knife Slash."

A blue color surrounded the knife's blade. It hit the rabbit's back. The blade cut into the rabbit. There was little resistance. The rabbit died just like that.

[Congrtulations on your first hunt]
[100 exp has been rewarded]
[You have hunted a Sharp-Tooth Rabbit (Normal)]
[You have earned 20 exp]
[You have leveled up]
[Level 1 --> Level 2]

Woah. I hunted a single rabbit and I leveled up. That's awesome. Normally, players would stay in the starting city and do chores for NPCs. After they reach about level 5 by earning exp from completing chore quests. They can leave the city to start hunting animals.

These players, they can go after weak animals like the Sharp-Tooth Rabbit that Shiro just hunted. They would have to hunt up to 45 Sharp-Tooth Rabbits to level up to level 6. It takes quite some time. But they can also take quests to hunt such rabbits. Earning extra exp.

While celebrating reaching level 2, I looked at my health. Instantly, my face filled with sweat. My health was down by half. The rabbit had only scraped my left shoulder, but I lost so much health. I could imagine what would have happened if it bit into my head. I would have instantly died. The thought sent shivers down my spine.

I swore to be extra careful the next time I meet a rabbit. A single hit would mean death. Swiping away the sweat on my forehead, I opened up my stats window. I got 10 spendable points from leveling up. I put them all in my speed stat, doubling my speed. With this, I will be better able to dodge a rabbit's attack.

The goblins were clapping their hands in admiration of my strength.

I looked at the rabbit again. I got closer and touched it. I think the sharp front teeth can be used as a material for weapons. And the meat can be eaten. Though I don't know how to cook. I usually waste away my time studying and playing games. I eat cup noodles daily.

I put the rabbit into my inventory. After collecting some more wood logs, we headed back towards the campfire. I put all the wood behind the house. I also summoned two more goblins. I would have summoned some more goblins, but my mana capacity and regeneration are too low.

I also discovered something. I told the first goblin I summoned that he will be the goblin leader. I can tell that his aura definitely changed to a better quality. It seems that official positions deem how strong and intelligent goblins are.

I looked at the goblin and imagined his character information appearing.

[Goblin Lv.1]
[Goblin Squad Leader]
[HP: 100/100]

I then looked at the other goblins' information.

[Goblin Lv.1]
[HP: 80/80]

They all had the same stats. With this, I figured out how I could strengthen my goblins. I just have to give them higher positions and they'll keep getting stronger. But I couldn't give out positions to all the goblins. It seems I have to grow the population of my goblins and then they can have higher positions, like the chief, elder, etc. I really look forward to one day having a whole army of goblins.

After dreaming of having an army and conquering other lands for a while, I decided to try to build another house for the goblins. There was a goblin house blueprint in the buildings menu. I order the goblins to start moving the wood logs. I didn't directly put the wood logs into my inventory, because the goblins gain exp from finishing tasks. I am going to build a large goblin house at the halfway point between my house and the forest.

It will take the goblins quite some time to move all the wood, but it is worth it for them to grow.

I started building the foundation according to the blueprints. There was no guiding system for a house. There are only blueprints for me to follow. It took me an hour and a half to finish the foundation.

By this time, the goblins also finished moving all the wood logs. I ordered them to help me build the house. The work went much faster now that I have helping hands. We finished the house around 7.30 pm. It took quite a lot of time.

But the satisfaction at the end made all the hard work worth it.

We don't have time to make beds as it is getting dark. So I decided for them to sleep on the floor. Of course, I'm not so evil to have them sleep on the cold hard floor.

I took the goblins to the forest. We collected a lot of leaves for them to sleep on. We could also hear some roars coming from the depth of the forest. Quickly collecting the leaves, we went back.

We put the leaves on the floor. It was much softer than the hard floor. The goblins could sleep much easier now. I told them to not leave the house and went back to my own house.

For a day in this game, I have done quite a lot. Though I still don't have any information on my class, I can tell that this class is not what it seems. Of course, it is a supposed legendary class. So, this much is to be expected.

I laid down on the bed and logged out. I came out of the capsule and looked outside the window. It was getting dark. I was feeling quite hungry. Playing the game takes a lot of energy out of you. So, I left to buy some takeout.

I came back home and sat in front of my computer. I entered an Exceed online chat group. I asked the people there if they have any information or tips for beginner summoners. There were actually quite a lot.

I learned some information. All summoners get a starting monster. For example, I got goblins. Other people might get wolves or snakes or some flying type creatures.

One of the more useful information was related to goblins. Leveling up will unlock new types of goblins. After normal goblins, goblin fighters get unlocked. These goblins fighters can be given any kind of melee weapon and they will adapt to use that class of weapon. And after they level up while using the same class of weapon, they will get a class related to that weapon.

For example, a goblin fighter using a sword will get the class Sword Goblin.

I would have wasted a lot of time trying to figure this out myself.

I also got a neat tip. Normal goblins can be evolved into any roll. For example, I have a goblin squad leader and three normal goblins. The first goblin evolved because I gave it an available position. The other three goblins also have the potential to evolve, but I can't evolve them into a squad leader because that position is full.

But what I can do is unlock more types of goblins and have them evolve into those types of goblins.

I also searched online about my weird class, but no information came up. The closest thing that came up was some guilds being given a town to manage. There was no information about my class.

I also went to the Exceed auction site to check out some skill books. I went to the summoner's section. I didn't even check the top auctions, I went straight to the cheapest stuff. But even then, the cheapest stuff was still being auctioned for two weeks worth of salary from my part-time job.

After surfing the internet for a while, I decided to read a book. I read it for about two hours, around the time when the night in Exceed ended.

I logged back into the game. The sun was just rising in the distance. It was a strange feeling. It was night in the real world, but here I am, witnessing a sunrise. I'm going to have to adjust.

For today, I have decided to go hunting. I want to level up and unlock more types of monsters. For some reason, I feel like I will unlock something special.

 

 

 

 


Hey. If you find anything I did wrong or could improve, don't forget to tell. Your advice would be much appreciated. 

5