Kanto: Chapter 1
1.9k 5 40
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Brother, do we have to walk?" A girl with silvery platinum hair pouted and complained. Her deep violet eyes soulfully looked at her companion. 

Aizen hid the smile that crossed his face and kept walking. He increased the pace by a little to have the little girl chase after him once more. 

It was not even fifteen minutes since they arrived in his region, and his little princess was already making complaints. 

"It was your decision to come along with me, Anira. There's still time, I can send you back to Grandma's place. Just say the words." 

He knew very well that she was not tired. A mere walk of several kilometers would never tire him or her. 

The little girl frowned and lowered her head. She did not reply him and resolutely kept up with him. 

"Since you have decided to accompany me on this Journey, I want you to know that we will be travelling by foot most of the time. That's the only way we can truly explore this region and make new friends." 

"Vee.. vee!" 

The little fox like creature that was nestled on the boy's shoulder yelped excitedly at the prospect of making new friends. Its silvery grayish fur and thick silver mane nearly sparkled under the sunlight. 

Anira smiled when she heard how excited the little Eevee was. 

"Rinko, come!" She opened her arms and the little Eevee jumped from Aizen's shoulder into her embrace. 

They traveled the rest of the distance to the Pallet Town looking around and in peace. 

"The Professor does love living in simplicity." Aizen commented at the sight of the Laboratory in front of them. 

The building was massive, however, it was all white with a single floor, and designed in form of an octagon. If one showed a picture of this place to a kid, he would never be able to guess that this was the famous Oak Laboratory from how simple it looked. 

They reached the front door that opened when the sensors detected and scanned them. 

The interior was warm blue and overall the atmosphere here was homely. It was a lot like their Grandma's Lab, but less extravagant. 

"Aizen!" 

Professor Oak came brisking in the lounge to receive them. He had a huge grin plastered on his face and glee sparkling in his eyes. 

"Good Afternoon, Professor." 

"Hi!" 

Both Aizen and Anira greeted him. 

Professor Oak sized them both up, and kept nodding. 

"You two look the spitting image of your parents. And my God! That little Eevee is beautiful!" 

The comment brought smile to their faces and they nodded in thanks. 

"Vee!" The little fellow was happy as well. 

"I am glad that you finally decided to start your Pokemon Journey, young man." Oak commented. "Though I am surprised that you decided to start from Kanto and not Hoenn." 

Aizen only smiled in reply. To him, the age of 13 was too young to travel alone. But the real reason why it took him three years to finally start on his journey were the pending research projects he was working on with his Grandmother. 

"I won't allow my brother to start at our home region without me. We will challenge it together when I get my Trainer's License in two years." Anira informed the man with a proud smile. 

Oak couldn't help but laugh when he heard that. She did not only look like her mother, she had her temper as well. 

"Here are the files that you needed, Professor." Aizen took out a disc from his jacket's pocket and handed it over. 

"Your achievements at this age make even me a little envious." Oak commented playfully and fished out a black device from his lab-coat. 

"Here's your Pokedex. I have already installed your Trainer's License on it. And it contains the National Dex. However, you still need to add additional information." 

"Thank you!" 

Aizen appreciated the fact that it was in black and quickly checked his information on it. 

"Hi! This Pokedex belongs to Trainer Aizen Orayen..." 

He switched off the A.I and opened his profile. 

Name: Aizen Sin Orayen

Age: 16

Trainers License: S-Class; Diamond Perks.

Carry Limit: 12. 

Home Town: Blanc Island.

Region: Hoenn. 

Affiliation: Blanc Island.

Region: Hoenn.

Job: S-Class Trainer, and Researcher.

Pokedex Licensed by: Professor Samuel Oak, and Professor Grisha Orayen.

Starter Pokemon: ??

Current Pokemon: ?? 

Seeing the info, Aizen quickly turned on the A.I and pulled off the necklace he was wearing. He scanned the peculiar Pokeball on it and added its info to his Starter Pokemon. And then he pulled out Eevee's Pokeball from his belt and scanned it as well. 

Oak kept his eyes on the ball that was inside the necklace on Aizen's neck. For some reason, he felt a sense of crisis when he looked at it. He was a Grand Master of Aura, and his instincts told him that the pokemon inside that mysterious Pokeball was not to be trifled with. 

He wanted to know what it was, but he knew that Aizen had hidden its info on his Dex from everyone including him. It was a Trainer's right to decide if they shared their Pokemon's info with others or not. 

"Thank you for everything, Professor." Aizen smiled when be was done registering all the extra info on his profile.  

Name: Aizen Sin Orayen

Age: 16

Trainers License: S-Class; Diamond Perks.

Carry Limit: 12. 

Home Town: Blanc Island.

Region: Hoenn. 

Affiliation: Blanc Island.

Region: Hoenn.

Job: S-Class Trainer, and Researcher.

Pokedex Licensed by: Professor Samuel Oak, and Professor Grisha Orayen.

Starter Pokemon: ??

Current Pokemon: 2 

"Do keep me updated about all the pokemon you catch in Kanto. And if you find anything interesting, do share!" He laughed and patted the boy's shoulder. 

"Of course!" He smiled. "I will help you go through the files before I leave." 

Oak gratefully nodded and gestured him to follow him. 

"Feel free to roam about." He informed the little princess. 

Anira nodded to her brother and ran outside the lab to explore the little town. 

The little Pokemon jumped out of her embrace and happily ran around her as they checked everything out. 

The town was scarcely populated, and the population was less than two hundred. She met a few people on the road and near the market. And  everyone she met was polite and seemed jovial. 

She quite liked the peacefulness of this place, and the fresh air was the best. 

"Vee vee!" 

"What happened?" She curiously asked the little pokemon. 

"Vee!" Eevee looked in a certain direction and then back at her. 

Anira walked in the direction Eevee led her to and sent waves of her Psychic Powers to scan the area. She soon found out the reason why Eevee led her here. 

In a grassy plain, under a tall lonesome tree, was a girl a couple of years older than her, hugging her knees and silently sheding tears. 

Anira was tempted to read her mind, but she knew that her brother would not appreciate it. He always taught her to respect people's privacy. But she was not going to leave the distressed girl alone. 

"Hi!" She approached the girl and cheerfully called her out. 

"Eeh!" 

The girl looked up in a scare and quickly wiped away her tears. Her big hazel eyes looked at Anira and her heart skipped a beat. 

Usually girls would be envious if they found that someone was prettier than them, but she had to admit that the girl infront of her was angelic. 

"I am Anira, and this is my little friend Rinko!" 

The girl's eyes shined brightly when she laid eyes on Eevee. 

"Eeee!" She squealed and instinctively approached the little creature, scooped it up from the ground and hugged it. "He's beautiful!" She murmered as she ran her fingers through the shiny silvery mane. 

"Vee vee!" Eevee smugly nodded his head in agreement which made both the girls laugh. 

"My name is Leaf, Leaf Green." She stood up and drew her hand to Anira. Her wavy brown hair fluttered in the wind as they shook hands. 

Unbeknownst to her, the sadness that was gripping her mind waned. 

"You know, there's always a reason to not be sad. And always a solution to a problem." Anira smiled at her. "If you promise to be my friend, I can probably solve your problem. And if it is too tough, my brother surely will!" 

Leaf chuckled at her confidence but then mirthlessly smiled and sighed. 

"I am just sad... and I will be fine in a few weeks." She replied. "And of course I will be your friend!" She smiled brightly. 

Anira looked directly in her eyes and kept staring. The gaze made Leaf a little uncomfortable, and she instinctively knew what she had to do. 

She sighed and then told Anira all about why she was crying here all alone. 

"Hehe... I told you. There is always a solution to a problem." Anira smiled brightly after listening to everything. 

Leaf confusedly looked at her. 

"All you need is a Starter Pokemon, right?" 

"Mhm.." Leaf nodded, not sure what Anira was getting onto. 

"We can help you with that." Anira confidently replied. "Well, my brother can." 

"How?" Leaf tilted her head and asked. 

"My last name is Orayen." Anira winked at her and pulled her hand as she ran towards the Oak Laboratory. 

Leaf's eyes widened in surprise when she recalled what the name Orayen meant. And her heart skipped a beat again. This time, it was in hope.

Check Glossary for Character Bio & Info. Also, check the Spoilers at your own risk. 

This story will be up on Patreon after Kanto Arc finishes. Right now, it's free to read on SH and Web Novel.

40