Kanto: Chapter 8
650 0 29
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Scyther, the Flying-Bug Pokemon. Scyther is a bipedal, insectoid Pokémon. It is primarily green with thin, cream-colored sections between its head, thorax, and abdomen. The abdomen of a female will be slightly larger than that of a male. It has narrow eyes and three points on the back of its somewhat reptilian head. Its forearms consist of large, white scythes, which it uses for hunting as well as fighting. On its thighs are spikes of fur, and it has three clawed toes on its large feet. Two pairs of cream-colored wings extend from its back. These wings allow Scyther to fly." 

"This Scyther is Male."

"Moves Known: Leer, Pursuit, Quick Attack , Fury Cutter, Slash, Air Slash, Wing Attack, Sword Dance." 

"Ability: Steadfast."

Aizen stared at the ability, deep in thought. 

"That's one hell of a catch. It already knows Air Slash, and even Sword Dance." Misty looked at the little fox that was again sleeping on Aizen's shoulder and sighed. 

She wouldn't have believed that such an adorable pokemon was so strong if she had not witnessed the battle. Still, the fact that Scyther was untrained played a vital role in deciding the outcome. 

"What are you thinking about?" Leaf asked as she found Aizen lost in his thoughts. 

"Possible moves to teach Scyther. The ability is a surprise, but a welcome one. And so I need to come up with a Training schedule for him."

Leaf felt a shiver down her spine at the mention of training. She inwardly prayed for the poor mantis. 

"Man, I missed on a strong one." Ash sighed, but then he smiled brightly. "We will find a stronger Scyther in future and capture it, right, Pikachu?"

"Pika pi." The yellow mouse nodded with confidence. 

Misty frowned at his words but did not say anything. 

The group arrived at a crossroad where one led to Pewter City and the other to the Diglett Cave. 

"We are going to check out the Diglett Cave." Aizen informed Misty and Ash. 

"Well, I want to get to the Pewter City as soon as possible. So I guess this is where we part ways." 

"Goodluck for your gym battle." Aizen nodded and smiled. 

"Thanks! And next time we see each other, I want to battle your Scyther with my Pikachu." 

"Sure." 

"May I tag along with you guys on your Journey?" 

The trio and Ash were surprised at Misty's sudden request. 

"I am not yet challenging the League. I just want to explore different regions and build a strong team before challenging a league. And I think it would be fun to come with you guys." She embarrassedly spoke. There was a slight blush adorning on her cheeks. 

"You are welcome to join us." Aizen smiled at her. 

The moment she heard that he approved of it, a bright smile bloomed on her face. 

"Thank you!" 

Ash was left in an awkward situation at Misty's decision. 

"Misty... I.."

"You don't need to pay me back anymore for the bike." Misty knew what troubled him. 

"Really?"

"Yes."

"Thanks!" He was relieved that he did not owe her now. "Alight then, I guess I will see you guys around!" 

"Pika Pi!"

With that he ran off on the road to Pewter City. 

The four of them watched him being stopped by a boy dressed in a Samurai armor, and then to their surprise, they engaged in a Pokemon battle. 

What shocked them was that the moment Ash called out his Pokemon, it evolved into a Metapod, and his opponent had called on a Metapod as well. 

"This..." Leaf could not believe how stupid someone can be as she watched the duel between two Metapod start. 

"Let's get going." Aizen said and walked on the path to Diglett Cave. 

The girls nodded and followed him. None of them was interested in watching two Metapod duel for who knows how many hours. 

The path they were on was surrounded by trees and it was quite peaceful. They came across several Diglett and even some Dugtrio, and the wild pokemon were not at all bothered by their presence. 

"What's your plan, Misty?" Aizen suddenly asked. He was curious after Misty had revealed that she won't be challenging any Leagues for now. 

"I want to become the next Elite Four specialising in Water-Type, to make my dad proud and continue our Family Legacy. I personally want to become the best Water Type Pokemon Trainer in the world." 

"Heh... That sounds a lot like someone I know." Aizen chuckled and glanced at Leaf who embarrassedly lowered her head. "Leaf wants to become the best Grass Type Pokemon Trainer."

"She told me that." Misty smiled at the brown-haired girl. "I didn't start my Journey after I got my License. My sisters needed some help at the theatre as they were working on their new show. And I stayed at Cerulean for one and half year learning more from my father and helping the family out. Now that I am free, I can finally travel." She excitedly informed him. 

Everyone smiled at her enthusiasm. 

"As for my plan. I want to learn and travel first before taking part in the League. To become eligible for Elite Four, I need to win the League of that region and then be judged by the Elite Council. So, I want to be prepared first for everything." 

"Sounds good." Aizen nodded to her in agreement. 

"Also, I don't have any other Type of Pokemon as of now. My father told me that I need at least one battle Pokemon of each Type if I ever want to win a Pokemon League. So, I am on a quest to search for possible additions to my Team. And to catch every capable Water Pokemon that I take a liking to!" She pumped up her fist in the air as she announced her resolve. 

"Is that so..." Anira smiled evilly. "So you need a Bug as well." 

Misty shivered when she heard that.

"You didn't have to remind me that..." She muttered. "Hopefully there are some cute dual type Water-Bug Pokemon. I guess I could like them." 

"There are only two known Water-Bug species. Araquanid and Golisopod lines. Surskit loses its Water Type when it evolves." Anira informed her. "I guess you won't be going with Araquanid since you are scared of Spiders... And Golisopod isn't exactly cute." She giggled as Misty started shivering again. 

Aizen smiled at his sister's playfulness. 

"Your father is right. A capable Pokemon Trainer is the one who has experince in Training Pokemon of each Type. One could always specialise in a Type to their liking later in their career. And yes, to win a League you need a variety of Pokemon. A perfectly balanced Team." 

"I guess I will watch how you build your Teams and learn from you." She replied with a smile. 

"Sure. You can also join us in Training..."

"Don't fall for it!!" Leaf screamed to save Misty from Aizen's clutches.

Aizen frowned when Misty and Anira burst out laughing at Leaf's words. 

"Don't worry. I won't fall for it." Misty assured Leaf much to her relief. 

"I guess someone is not happy with the current training routine. I think it is time to take it a step further..." 

"Don't scare her, Brother." Anira glared at him. 

He found Leaf hiding behind his little sister and looking at ground. She was even scared of looking up. 

"Alright alright..." He sighed. "She still needs a few weeks to get used to the current regime. I was just messing." 

"Hmph.." Anira nodded, satisfied at his answer.

"Why are we headed to the Diglett Cave?" Misty asked. 

"I need a Zubat." He told her. "And since the Cave is connected to Route 11, we might even find some pokemon visiting this side." 

"You are not planning on going deep inside it, right?" She worriedly asked. 

"Of course not." He assured her. "I am done staying in caves for so long." He sighed. 

If possible, he would rather not stay inside a cave for night. Just the thought brought some scary memories back in his mind.

29