Kanto: Chapter 19
538 0 23
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Route 25 was one of the most scenic routes in the Kanto Region. It had a forest in the west, a range of mountains in the North, grassy fields as they continued eastward, and an inlet of sea on the south. 

Aizen and the girls had been travelling for four days now. They were covering a good distance each day, and were a day's journey away from reaching the end of Route 25, where Bill's Lighthouse was located. 

Due to a variety of Pokemon found on this route, Trainers took it frequently to capture Pokemon for their Teams. However, it was dangerous to go far off the route because there were some very strong wild Pokémon as well. 

They came across a number of Trainers, some Novice and and some experienced, and had a few duels with them. 

Even though they did not need cash, they did not refuse a bet when the opponent put it forward. And currently, Leaf was engaged in duel with a Trainer. 

"Bell, use Acid, now!" She gave the command urgently. 

Bellsprout leanded its head back and then spit forward a wave of purple poisonous miasma. 

"Dodge, Tangela!" The Trainer worriedly called out. 

The tentacled Grass Pokemon tried to get out of the way, but failed. 

"Tan..." It painfully groaned. 

"Now finish it with Poison Jab!" Leaf did not let the chance get away. 

Bellsprout had managed to learn the move yesterday in a duel. It had performed it by accident, but with the help of Aizen and Anira, Leaf managed to help Bell learn it properly. 

Bellsprout skipped towards the Tangela, who was still dazed by last attack. Its Leaf-like arm was covered in a purple light as it smacked it right into the belly of the tentacle pokemon. 

The poor Tangela fell unconscious right after taking the hit, and its Trainer worriedly rushed over. 

After a quick first-aid and calling it back in its Pokeball, the Trainer transfered the bet to Leaf and left. 

She was happy with her herself. It was her fifth successive win, and with each win, she felt more confident in her ability. 

"Well done, Bell!" Leaf was proud of her pokemon. 

"Bebe!" The little fairy praised her teammate as well. 

Everyone looked curiously at the Bellsprout that was silent before it started shining under the sunlight. The shine only got brighter and brighter before its form was but a white ball of light. 

"About time." Misty commented excitedly. 

"Yes!" Anira clapped her hands and laughed. 

The ball got bigger in size before the light started subsiding. 

"Weepinbell!" 

The now evolved Pokemon was instantly hugged by its Trainer, and wrapped its Vines around her. 

Aizen and girls smiled at seeing how happy Leaf was. She had tears brimming in her eyes, and wore an affectionate smile. 

"Good Job, Bell. And Congratulations on becoming stronger!" She caressed the top of its head and smiled. 

"Bebe..." The little fairy floated around the two of them excitedly. 

After the Trainer and her Pokemon had their moment, she called back Weepinbell in its Pokeball and scanned it. 

"Weepinbell, The Poison-Grass Pokemon. Weepinbell is a plant Pokémon with a yellow, bell-shaped body. Above Weepinbell's circular eyes are three small green spots and a small, brown hook-shaped stem. It has wide, gaping mouth with pink lips. On each side of its body is a large, green leaf. It is evolved from Bellsprout." 

"This Weepinbell is Male."

"Ability: Chlorophyll." 

"Moves Known: Vine Whip, Sleep Powder, Poison Powder, Razor Leaf, Acid, Poison Jab, Slam, and Giga Drain." 

"So it learned Slam and Giga Drain on Evolution." Aizen nodded, impressed. "Since it does not need another Posion Move for now, you should focus on training it to learn another Grass-Type move."

"Anira helped me make the plans for its training. We know what what we want to train Bell in next." Leaf smiled at him. 

"And which move is it?" Aizen smiled back at her. 

"Power Whip." She answered. 

"That's a powerful one." He nodded in agreement with their plan. "It will take time, but seeing how stubborn your Weepinbell is, it shouldn't be too hard to learn." 

Both Anira and Leaf giggled at his words. 

"We should find a place to camp, and prepare our Lunch. I am starving!" Misty folded her arms on her chest and complained. 

"There should be a clearing in the woods on our left in about fourteen-hundred meters." Anira looked at the map on her Pokedex and informed them. "Let's go." 

They found the place without any difficulty, it was all because of the commotion created by a group of Trainers who were loudly arguing. 

"What's happening here?" Aizen asked one of the onlookers. 

The young boy, who seemed to he a Novice Trainer looked at him and his group before pointing toward the other side of the clearing. 

They looked at where he was pointing at and found something under a tree, surrounded by think shrubs. 

"A set of eggs?" Leaf frowned. 

"That's an Exeggcute." Aizen informed her. "It's sleeping."

"Yes," The young boy answered him. "Two trainers came across it at the same time, and they started arguing over it. Later, three more Trainers, who were interested in capturing the Pokemon, joined the fray. They have been in argument for a while now." 

"Why not just battle it out?" Leaf frowned at their behavior. 

"Two of them are young Trainers who don't have powerful Pokemon that can take on the older Trainers." The boy timidly said and looked down. 

Aizen could see that he too was interested in the Pokemon, but did not have the courage to go and compete over it. 

"Thank you for informing us." He smiled at the boy and gestured the girls to follow him. "Where's the closest clearing where we can have our Lunch and get some rest?" Aizen asked Anira.

"Not in another six miles." She pouted and replied.

"That's too far. I am tired." Leaf commented and lowered her head. 

"We all need some rest." Aizen sighed. "Frankly, I am actually tempted to scare them all away. But that is too much of a hassle." 

"No, it is not." Misty smirked evilly and marched back towards the clearing where the Trainers were creating havoc.

"Go, Nyla!" She called out as she threw a Pokeball right in the middle of the clearing. 

"Gawrrrr!" 

The massive Gyarados roared majestically before looking around to face its opponent.

Misty walked up and stood right beside her starter.

"If you guys don't get out of here in 1 minute. I am going to order my Pokemon to attack you." She threateningly said to the crowd that was shaking in fear, and started staring at her wrist watch. "You have 55 seconds now." 

As if on cue, Nyla roared again, scaring the crowd some more. 

The timid Trainers immediately bolted out of the clearing. Some were hesitant at first, but after seeing the menacing Gyarados, that was actually larger than an average Gyarados, they decided to silently walk away. 

Anira and Leaf were trying their best to hold back their giggles. Aizen, on the other hand, sighed and walked to stand by Misty's side. 

He too looked at the remaining Trainers in the eyes before they relented and grumpily walked off. 

"I will report this to Ceulean City Police Station!" A guy challengingly said as he walked off. 

"Yeah, sure..." Misty smiled happily. "See, that's how it's done!" She proudly crossed her arms on her chest and turned to look at Aizen. 

"Yes. You have all the makings of a Villain." He smiled at her and looked up at the large Gyarados. "She's beautiful." 

Nyla leaned in to intimidate him, but Aizen stood his ground and looked the sea-serpent right in the eyes. 

After a staring contest that lasted a few moments, the sea-serpent came close to him and took a whiff of his scent before standing proudly behind her Trainer. 

"She likes you." Misty smiled at him. Her cheeks were adorned in a light blush. 

"Who doesn't like me?" He winked at her and grinned. "Come out, guys!" He threw two Pokeballs in the air, calling out Eevee and Nidoran.

Nidoran immediately hid behind Aizen when he saw the Pokemon standing beside Misty. 

Rinko, on the other hand, daringly approached the sea-serpent and started talking to it. 

"Vee.. Vee." It yelped happily. 

It took a while of convincing before Nidoran too went forward and tried to talk to Gyarados. 

Misty called out the rest of her Pokemon as well to take some rest and play with the young ones. Pichu joined them after some time, and was running up and down the length of the Gyarados. 

"Brother!" Anira and Leaf excitedly ran up to him. 

Aizen knew what they were upto, and so he had already started unpacking and setting up the camp. 

"You seem happy." He smiled at Leaf. 

"I am!" She excitedly showed him the Pokeball in her hand. "I caught the Exeggcute! Well, it was sleeping and it didn't resist the capture." She sheepishly said.

"Bebe!" 

"Congratulations!" He patted her head lovingly. And nudged the little fairy as well. "Have you scanned it?" 

She shook her head. And pulled out the Pokedex. 

"Hey, Misty!" She excitedly waved at Misty and called her over. 

"What's up?" She smiled at the two girls and understood as soon as she saw the Pokeball in Leaf's hand. 

"Exeggcute, the Psychic-Grass Pokemon. Exeggcute is a Pokémon resembling six light pink eggs, usually seen arranged with five heads huddled around a sixth. Each "head" has a slightly different facial expression, but each face has triangular eyes with tiny black pupils and a small mouth. Each shell has some cracks, and one member of the bundle usually has its yellow insides or brain exposed. More cracks on its shells are a sign that it is close to evolution. Despite looking like eggs, Exeggcute is actually more closely related to plant seeds." 

"Exeggcute are genderless." 

"Ability: Chlorophyll."

"Known Moves: Barrage, Hypnosis, Uproar, Reflect, Leech Seed, Confusion, and Giga Drain."

"That's a nice moveset. Good Job!" Misty smiled and congratulated Leaf. 

"Anira told me that it was close to evolving. And I didn't want to miss the chance to catch one of these." She embarrassedly smiled. 

"You did the right thing." Aizen patted her head. "Since you are tired, go accompany the Pokemon. I will be preparing the Lunch." He said to the glee of the two girls.

"Yay!" Anira excitedly clapped and ran towards the Pokemon, dragging Leaf with her. 

"I am tired too..." Misty tried to excuse herself as well, but was shot down. 

"You are helping me prepare lunch." Aizen sternly said. 

She pouted at him but did not complain again.

23