Kanto: Chapter 24
438 0 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bill's Lighthouse, a Lighthouse that was built at the end of Route 25 of Kanto. It stood atop the Cliff, overlooking the vastness of the sea below it. 

"Why would he build his lab inside a Lighthouse?" Leaf complained as they had to trek there way up the cliff. 

"Bill is like that..." Aizen chuckled and look a deep breath as he looked at the sea. 

The girls turned to look in the same direction and they smiled at the beautiful scene. There, before them, was endless water. Staring at the vast sea made you feel all alone, but it was beautiful. And the sound of the crashing waves on the cliff was soothing their souls. 

"I see why he chose this place." Leaf couldn't help but smile as she felt closer to the world, and at the same time, she felt free. Peacefully free. 

The Lighthouse was made out of white stones, and it was nearly 30 meters tall. At the top of it was a compound that had glassed walls, giving a 360° view of everything. 

"How do we enter this place?" Misty asked as she saw no entrance. "Is there some secret door?" 

"Nope." Aizen's eyes were covered in a purple hue when he replied. And soon they returned to normal. 

"Kazam."

Suddenly, a humanoid Pokemon with a large white mustache and beard popped into existence right in front of them. 

"Hi, Bob!" Aizen smiled at the Pokemon. "Can you take us inside?" 

The Mega Alakazam started revolving the spoons around it, and then it disappeared, taking Aizen and the girls with it.

The group suddenly found themselves at the top of the Lighthouse, in the compound that had glassed walls, giving a magnificent 360° of the outside. 

The Pokemon was no where to be seen, and the group decided to look around the place. 

The place was an open area with different sections. It had a living room, with an open kitchen. A bed in one corner, and a study table with shelves of books in another corner.

Soon, they heard a ping, and turned to looked at the pillar in the center of the living room. The white wall parted, revealing that it had a lift behind it. And out came a guy with messy auburn hair, dark brown eyes, and average height. He looked to be in his early thirties. The lab coat he was wearing was wrinkled, and the dark circles under his eyes showed that he hadn't slept well in a long time. 

"Aizen!" Bill greeted him and soon hugged him tightly. "You seem well." He said when they separated. 

"You too." Aizen playfully smirked at him. 

"I am glad you made it in time." Bill smiled and stretched his arms, not caring about the messy state he was in. But when his eyes landed on Anira, his expression turned serious. "Forgive my rudeness, Princess." He bowed to her respectfully. 

"It's nice to see you, Professor." Anira politely nodded to him. 

"It's a pleasure to see you as well." Bill then turned to look at Leaf and Misty. "Who might these beautiful ladies be? 

"Misty Williams, Professor Bill." She answered with a smile. 

"I am Leaf Green." 

The hazel-eyed girl was a little nervous. She was a little excited to be in the presence of the man who improved the Storage Space Technology of the world in the last few years. Bill was also the man who worked with Devon Corporation to make Pokeballs specific for each Pokemon Type. It was all due to him that Water Balls, Luxury Balls, Electric Balls, and Ultra Balls existed. He was also an accomplished researcher, who had earned name in the field of Pokemon history.

"It's a pleasure to meet you." Bill nodded to them. "Please be at ease and feel free to use the Kitchen."

"Now then, tell me why you have shut yourself in this place for the last year and half." Aizen was still smiling, but his voice was strict. 

"Come with me." Bill nodded to him and entered the lift. 

"You guys stay here." Aizen said to the girls before following his friend. 

"How has lady Grisha been?" Bill inquired. 

"She's fine. The research she is working on is going well." He answered with a smile. "If I remember right, you were working on your research of Shiny Pokemon, and 'King's Gene' two years ago. Any success?" 

Bill sighed and his shoulders slumped. 

"The existence of Shiny Pokemon does not make sense to me. Their genetical structure is the same as any other of their kind. The only difference is their special color. And it is not hereditary." He sadly spoke. "King's gene... Now that is the Research that turned out to be more than I could have ever imagined." 

"What did you find?" 

"It is hereditary, but does not appear in every next generation. The Pokemon possessing the King's Gene are all twice the size of others of their species. But that's the only difference they have. They have the same Types, and the amount of natural energies in their bodies is relatively the same as any of their species." Bill happily informed him. "But that's not all. These Pokemon are actually closer to their True Forms. Simply said, they won't feel any pain if they go through Permanent or Temporary Mega Evolution. The sample of DNA that belonged to your Pidgeot helped a lot in that." 

Aizen nodded to him, but he was lost in some thoughts. 

"And I think I have found the clue to their origin." 

When he heard Bill say that, his eyes widened, and he looked at his friend in surprise. 

"What is it?"

Bill laughed when be saw the surprise on Aizen's face. 

"If the clue proves correct, I think we will need to contact Sycamor about the existence of new Mega Pokemon specie." 

The lift came to a stop and as soon as the door opened, the two of them stepped out in the Underground Labratory. 

Mega Alakazam was there in the corner, peacefully meditating. 

"This is the clue." 

Bill picked picked up a worn out diary from a table and handed it to Aizen. 

As Aizen read it, Bill started explaining how he got it. 

"I stumbled across an old man near the beach that is not far away from here." Bill sighed with emotion. "He was in his last days, and I decided to take care of him since no one was around. He had no family, and so before he passed, he gave his beach house to me. And he told me a story before giving me this diary." 

Bill waited for Aizen go read through a few more pages before he continued. 

"The old man claimed that he had met a Dragon King. A Dragonite that was massive, and had a crown on his head. He has narrated the event in the diary, but he did not write anything about the talk he had with that Dragonite." Billed excitedly smiled. "Can you believe it? A dragonite with a Crown on his head, and who can talk?!" 

Aizen wanted to say something, but he stayed quiet. 

"According to the diary, the Dragonite will appear out of the Sea once every 36 years, on the night of an eclipse. The night is in three days." 

"And you want to meet the Dragon King and ask questions?" He smiled at his friend. 

"Don't you?!" 

Aizen chuckled at his friend's enthusiasm. Truth be told, he was excited to meet the Dragon King. But not for the reasons Bill was. 

"I need a place to stay at for a few days." 

Bill laughed when he heard the words. 

"I thought you would come by yourself, but since you have brought company. You can stay at the beach house. Bob will take you guys there." 

"Get some sleep, please. You look terrible." Aizen patted his shoulder and walked back in the lift. 

"I will." Bill promised. "And Aizen, there's a young Pokemon there on the beach." He sighed. "He lost his mother to a storm after she saved her child from Poachers in the sea. I have been trying to help him for a week, but the little fellow has not come out of his grief. He wouldn't even leave his mother's grave." 

"I will see what I can do." He nodded and left to inform the girls on where they will be staying.

20