Kanto: Chapter 27
394 0 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The girls had just finished preparing the meal when they heard a commotion rise on the beach. 

"Bebe!" 

Flabebe came floating inside the beach house and worriedly called out to the girls. 

"Let's go!" Anira was the first one to react as she hurriedly rushed out onto the beach. 

The metallic Tank's eyes were glowing red and it was using its Psychic Powers to restrain Poliwrath and a blue bipedal pokemon. 

"What happened here?!" Misty was furious when she saw how mad Poliwrath looked. As its trainer, she was well aware of its nature. And she knew that Poliwrath would not do something reckless. 

"Feraligatr attacked Poliwrath because it was not accepting his call for a duel." Jack sighed and informed the girls. 

"Hey! Ask that monster to free my Feraligatr!" Viktor angrily shouted at them. He already had a Pokeball in his hand, clearly debating if he should fight it or not. 

"Dexter..." Anira frown at his words but called out to the Pokemon to free both the water pokemon that were caged in the air. 

"Meta." Dexter did as she asked and then came to stand behind her as a guard. 

"Poli!" Poliwrath approached Misty with clenched fists. 

Politoed, Starmie, and the two Wartortle approached the girls as well. They were all incessantly talking, trying to explain to the girls what had happened. 

"Bebe!" The little fairy joined them as well and glared at Feraligatr. 

"Gatr Gatr..." 

The crocodile pokemon smugly looked at all of them and challengingly pointed at their lot. 

"Meta..." 

Hearing Dexter interfere, it stumbled back a little, but then angrily prepared to shoot them with a Hydro Pump. 

"You better keep your Pokemon in check." Misty warned Viktor with a glare. 

"Sam. Wait for it." Viktor placed a hand on its shoulder, stopping it from attacking. His eyes were warily looking at Mega Metagross. 

The girls knew that if Dexter was not present there, Viktor would not have stopped his Pokemon from attacking their Pokemon. 

"I think you guys should leave." Anira said to him strongly. 

Jack frowned at her words, but Viktor smirked as if he found it quite amusing. 

"And why should we?" He asked back. "This is not a private beach. And since your Pokemon attacked my Feraligatr, you should be apologising to me." 

"Viktor. That's a freaking Mega Pokémon behind them." Jack warned his friend, but Viktor seemed to not care. 

"I am not stupid." He eyed his friend. "Feraligatr only wants to battle Poliwrath." 

Anira was resisting the urge to just use her powers and smack some sense in him, but she knew that things had not escalated to that degree yet. 

"I believe Poliwrath belongs to you." He looked at Misty and creepily smiled. "I challenge you to a standard duel! We will both bet twenty thousand dollars on it. And if I win, you have to let us stay with you guys in the beach house. And if you win, we will take our leave." 

Misty could see lust sparkling in his eyes as he looked at her. She had doubts that he had deliberately made his Feraligatr cause the commotion, and it angered her. 

"Poli!" 

Her Poliwrath was pumped up for a fight and she frowned at the situation. 

"Go for it." Anira smiled at her. "Worst comes to worst, he will deal with them." 

Misty was not worried as she knew that with Dexter here and Aizen present with them, they could deal with these morons. She just didn't want things to escalate that far. 

"Alright, I accept." 

Both Viktor and Jack smiled at her words. The latter seemed glad that things could be sorted out with a Pokemon battle. But Viktor already had the plans for the night forming in his head. 

"I will be the referee!" Jack informed them. 

Soon the girls were standing on one end, and Viktor with his Feraligatr was standing on the other end, fifty meters apart. 

"This is a Standard Pokemon Battle between Viktor and Misty. Both Trainers are only allowed to use three Pokemon each. Substitution is allowed if the Pokemon has been in a duel for more than 5 minutes, or it has survived the previous round. Once a Trainer loses all of his three Pokemon, the battle ends!" 

"Please set your Pokedex and the Bet Value of 20,000 Dollars." He looked at Misty and Viktor and told them. 

The two Trainers quickly took out their Dex, joined the Matching set up by Jack, and placed their bet. 

"Time for Toss." Jack called out and used his Dex to do the Toss. "Victor lost the Toss and must choose his Pokemon first."

Misty felt relieved at the result of the Toss. Having to choose first was a disadvantage, and the opponent could easily call out a counter to their Pokemon. But her relief was short-lived. 

"Go Skarmory!" Viktor tossed the Pokeball on the air, and out came a Steel Bird. 

"Scarrrr!" It screeched proudly and looked in the direction of the girls and their Pokemon. 

None of her present Pokemon were at an advantage over the Steel-Flying Bird used by Viktor. She had to do it the hard way now. 

"Go Starmie!" She called out, and the Star Pokemon stepped onto the battlefield. 

"Skarmory vs Starmie" Jack called out. "Let the battle begin!" 

"Go Skarmory, use Night Slash!" 

"Use Agility, then Double-Team to dodge!" 

Starmie complied and suddenly dozens of Starmie appeared in the field, Skarmory was baffled for a moment, but then hit one of the after-images with its Night Slash. 

"Now use Power Gem!" 

The Gem of Starmie glowed in light before a ray of light that seemed full of gem stones shot out of it. 

"Skar.." 

The flying pokemon groaned when it was hit squarely, and shot up in the air. 

Viktor frowned at the speed of Starmie. It was faster than his Bird even on the sand. 

"Autotomize!" He made the decision and gave the command. 

Skarmory flew up in the air, and then it started shedding its wings that fell like blades on the beach. After it was done, its speed rose, and it angrily glared the star Pokemon. 

"Drill Peck!" 

"Use Double-Team again!"

"Send out Air Slashes in all directions and continue for the Drill Peck!"

Skarmory maneuvered itself skillfully in the air and sent of Air Slashes that eliminated the after-images of Starmie, and hit it was well. 

Once it saw where the real one was, it ferociously started Drill Pecking it. 

Seeing the attacks succeed against her Pokemon, her heart thumped hard in anxiousness. 

"Starmie! Use Confusion Ray and then Rapid Spin away from Skarmory!"

"Fly up!!" Viktor worriedly called out. 

Despite being hammered by pecks of Skarmory, Starmie managed to do as Misty commanded. 

Confusion Ray hit the bird squarely before it could fly up, and then Starmie used Rapid Spin to gain some distance. 

"Skarmory! Fly up!" Viktor called out to his confused Pokemon to no avail. 

"Give it your all, Starmie! Hydro Pump!" 

The Gem on the star Pokemon Glowed brightly before a powerful torrent of Water shot out of it at hit the confused bird. 

The power of the attack sent Skarmory far away, where it crashed into the sand. 

Misty thought she had got it, but the bird was still conscious. It tried its best to get up, and now that it was out of its confusion, it flew up in the air and started circling above Starmie. 

"How did it survive?" Leaf asked in disbelief. 

"It has the Sturdy ability." Anira frowned and looked at the Steel Bird in the sky. Starmie was nearly spent, and Skarmory was barely holding up.

"Brave Bird!" Viktor ruthlessly called out. It was do and die move by him. 

"Just one more hit, Starmie! Use Psychic!" 

The Gem on Starmie lit up just in time before the Steel Bird got near it. The telekinetic attack landed on the bird, but the Brave Bird managed to connect as well. 

Skarmory was unconcious, there was no doubt about it. Everyone waited to see if Starmie would hold up. The sand settled and the unconcious star Pokemon was lying on the groud right beside the unconcious Steel Bird. 

"Both Starmie and Skarmory are unable to battle, the first round ends in a draw!"

"You did well. I am proud of you." Misty called back Starmie in the Pokeball and whispered to it. 

She glared at Viktor and clenched her fists. She didn't care about how tough it was going to be now, all she knew was that she didn't want to lose.

16