Kanto: Chapter 29
387 0 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The next two days at the beach house were full of joy and strenuous training. The joy stemmed from all the playing time they made in their schedule where they participated in different games with their Pokemon. 

It was all fun, but it also helped the group become closer. The Pokemon learned to work in a team, and their relationship with their Trainer improved as well. 

Scyther, Wartortle, and Machop were pumped up after witnessing the match Misty had against Viktor. 

Aizen was surprised that Machop approached him asking him to train him. And train he did. Since Machop already had a good moveset for now. He helped the fighting Pokemon work on perfecting the existing moveset, as well as do some speed exercises. It was nothing harsh, but it did push the fighting Pokemon to its limits.

Scyther was working hard on perfecting Aerial Ace. The green mantis could perform is very well now, but he was still not satisfied and decided to work more on it. 

Wartortle was the one that surprised Aizen the most. Since it already knew Skull Bash, Aizen had decided to teach the Indigo Tortoise Iron Head, which the water Pokemon mastered within a day. It proudly smirked at Machop and Scyther, as if telling them that he was superior, and started pestering Aizen to teach him another move. 

Aizen smiled inwardly at its enthusiasm and decided to humble it down a little. He recruited Misty's Poliwrath to teach Wartortle Brick Break. And seeing Wartortle suffering while learning the move cheered everyone up and irritated it. Wartortle made progress, but it was nowhere near properly executing the move. 

Leaf worked on Pidgeotto and Gloom in the two days. Pidgeotto mastered Steel Wing, and Gloom managed to concentrate Poison energy inside its body before shooting it out in a stream of purple light. However, it lacked lethality and Gloom still had much work to do on it. 

The highlight of the second day was undoubtedly the evolution of Exeggcute into Exeggutor. They were all playing Volleyball when the Psychic-Grass Pokemon started shining brightly under the palm tree it was resting at. 

Leaf was beyond herself when she scanned its Pokeball later that day and learned that it now knew Wood Hammer and Leaf Storm. They were two powerful Grass-Type moves that gave a great boost of confidence to her in her Team. She now worked with Anira to formulate a plan on teaching Exeggutor some more Psychic-Type moves. 

Misty did not stay idle while everyone was working hard. She trained her Pokemon with the help of Anira. Poliwrath, Golduck, Gyarados, and Starmie had perfectly balanced movesets. Only her Wartortle and Politoed needed some new moves. Her Wartortle decided to learn Iron Head after it saw Aizen's Wartortle master it. And the training was going very well. 

She debated if she should force Politoed to train hard or not. She did not mind the green toad Pokemon to stay as a support Pokemon, but in the end decided to listen to Anira's advice and put it in training as well. The move they were trying to teach it was Ice Beam. Luckily she had Pokémon on her team to help Politoed learn that move. Its training was going well, since Politoed seemed willing to get stronger, but learning the move was going to take a while. 

Eevee and Growlithe spent the days with Lapras. And surprisingly, they made progress. Lapras started listening to Rinko's stories. And even decided to eat the Lunch Anira had prepared for it. It also allowed Blissey to give it a check-up. 

Lapras still avoided the humans, but it no longer behaved as if they did not exist. 

Aizen and the girls had caught it looking at them when they were playing with their Pokemon. And it made them happy to see that the Water Pokemon was taking interest in something. 

And right now, it was the evening of the night of Lunar Eclipse. Bill had come for lunch and stayed with Aizen till the evening. They were working on gathering some Intel after Aizen informed him that someone was planning on capturing the Legendary Guardian Birds of Kanto.

"The organisation calls itself Team Doom." Bill frowned at the name he read on the file. "This gives me a bad premonition." He worriedly looked at Aizen. 

Aizen was reading through the same file on his Laptop and with every new information his mind was racing in alarm. 

"They attacked a facility that belonged to Team Rocket last week. Thirty Seven people were killed in the confrontation, and the entire Labratory was blown up after they took whatever they were there for." Aizen closed his Laptop and sank back in the couch. "Why do you think they are targeting the Guardians of the Regions of Kanto?" 

"I don't know!" Bill clenched his fists. "But they must be stopped at all costs. Targeting other Legendary Pokemon is one thing, but targeting Guardians would only lead to devastation." He anxiously said. "Aizen, do you believe that they know what Guardians mean to the Regions?" 

"I think they do." He sighed and nodded. "And that's why they are targeting them." 

"But that would lead to the death of this Region!" Bill placed his face in his hands and started trembling at the thought. "The prosperity of each Region is directly linked to its Guardians. The only two Regions that do not have Guaridians are Sinnoh and Hoenn, but that is only because their life is directly connected to those two Trios. If they manage to capture Articuno, Zapdos, and Moltres, the region of Kanto would suffer from famine, the forests would wilt, rivers would dry, different diseases would start spreading throughout the region, affecting both Pokemon and Humans." His Psychic Focus was in chaos.

"I don't think they plan on taking away the Guardians from Kanto." Aizen shook his head. 

"You mean..." Bill looked horrified at the thought. 

"They want to hold the Region hostage and rule over it." 

"But history has shown us that it never ends well! Because of greed of such people we lost a Region a thousand years ago! It almost lead to a war with the Legendary Pokemon!" He unconsciously let out a wave of Psychic Power that sent the documents on the table flying across the room.

"Calm down!" Aizen sternly called out to his friend. And used his Powers to help Bill gain back control.

"I am sorry..." Bill managed to gather his thoughts and sighed. 

Aizen nodded to him and closed his eyes to think over the matter on their hands. 

"Do you want to contact Lance?" 

"Should we?" Aizen asked back. 

Bill sighed and seemed lost in his thoughts for a while. 

"Blackthorn Clan may have lost their Powers, but they were once on the High-Table of the Arcane Creed. Lance is the first in their Family in over a century to have some Aura Powers. All they want is a chance to wash off the shame from their backs. I think we should give him this chance and trust him." 

"It is not him that I am reluctant to trust. He is the current Champion, Bill. He has several people under him that we don't know anything about. If a single person from his Ace Squad betrays him..." He did not need to finish his words. 

Bill sighed and nodded to him. 

"But we have to inform the Order about all of this. And you know what they will do. They will assign you, me, and Lance for sure since we both are already here and know more about the situation, and Lance holds the most official power in the Region. It's better to inform him before Order tasks him to cooperate with us." 

"Do it then. But make sure to stress upon the need to keep it a secret mission." Aizen relented and nodded. "And tell them that I won't reveal the locations of the Guardians to anyone, not even to you and Lance." He seriously looked at Bill in the eyes. 

"I am okay with that." Bill happily nodded and started making calls to the Order and the Champion of Kanto. 

Aizen decided to inform his Grandmother about what was happening in the Region. And it did not prove to be a good idea. 

He had to spend the next half an hour to convince her that he would not take any unnecessary risks. But she was a woman who had lost her husband and all her children. She did not want to lose her Grandchildren now. 

In the end, she forced Aizen to promise that he would make a call everyday, and he would call over his Mega Pidgeot and Mega Salamance before he has to do something dangerous. And she warned him that Anira must not come in harms way or she will never forgive him. 

By the time he returned back to the couch, Bill was done making arrangements and was smiling at Aizen. 

"Lady Grisha hasn't lost her touch in these years." He started chuckling at Aizens tired look. 

"What are the arrangements?" He was not in the mood to allow Bill to tease him. 

"The High-Table will inform us about the two helpers we will get to deal with Team Doom in a fortnight's time. The current Team is you, me, Lance, and my Father will be coming over as well. He will be here as an envoy of Hoenn and the Order and will be the head of our Team." 

"It's been a while since I last saw Mr. Stone." Aizen smiled when he heard that Joseph Stone will be coming to Kanto and taking charge of their Team. "And if I am to guess, you haven't been in contact with him for the last two years, right?" He smirked at Bill. 

"Yeah..." Bill awkwardly smiled. "I informed Steven before closing myself in my Research. He must have informed father. Hopefully he isn't too mad at me."  

"Brother, supper's ready!" 

Anira knocked on the door and informed him. 

"Let's go and eat something. We have a long night ahead of us." Aizen smiled at Bill and walked out of the room. 

"Indeed!"

Bill's excitement was back as he thought of the Mysterious Dragon King they will be meeting tonight.

18