Kanto: Chapter 37
570 2 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Waterflower sisters took everyone to their favorite restaurant, which happened to be owned by Daisy's friend and her husband. Though not the most expensive, the food that was served was delicious. 

It was at the end of their meal when Edric informed them about the incident that took place in the Cerulean Caves on the outskirts of the City. 

"It was exactly a week ago?" Aizen frowned and asked. 

"Yes," Edric nodded, "Do you know something about it?" 

Anira, Leaf, and Misty looked at Aizen as the same thought crossed their mind. It was exactly a week ago that Aizen and Anira had met the Dragon King. 

"No, there's no way the two events can be related to each other." He shook his head and sipped on the wine. 

"Can you tell us about it?" Edric curiously asked. 

"My Apologies." He smiled apologetically at Edric and the three Waterflower sisters. 

"It's okay." The man didn't seem to mind it. "It's just regrettable that we have no leads. The City was in uproar when the news came out." 

"What can you tell us about the investigation?" 

"The only lead we have is that the culprit has enormous Psychic Powers." The Guardian of Cerulean City informed them. "The five bodies we found had their bones crushed, and their brains were fried. No external injuries. And the frozen fear in their eyes remained." He sighed and gulped down the wine. 

"It is the first time in my life that something like this has happened in Cerulean City's jurisdiction." Daisy sadly spoke. "People were really scared." 

"Have you identified the dead?" Aizen asked about the victims. 

Edric hesitated a little at the question. He thought before he answered because his daughters and the two young girls were present too. Informing them meant involving them in matters that should not concern them. 

"Out of the five dead, four were C-Class Trainers. The last person did not have an official record, but the Intelligence sources had some information on him. He was a core member of Team Rocket, and had not been seen for over four years." Edric said. "We believe that they were a Squad of Team Rocket. Some of their Pokemon were found dead as well; same cause of death. Those that remained inside their Pokeballs survived, but we found nothing from their memories that could help us." 

"Doesn't seem like the work of a Psychic person, it should be a Pokemon..." Aizen frowned and tried to connect the dots to a Pokemon specie that could have that much of Psychic Power. "Can't be an Alakazam. Gardevoir are out of question. Metagross, possible, but with their Hive-Link, there's no way my Metagross wouldn't have known about the existence of a rogue one." He voiced his thoughts. He had doubts that it was the work of some Progenitor Pokemon, but it was near impossible. They were all imprisoned and they would not do such a thing as Arceus' Judgement was still in effect. "And Mew wouldn't do it." He lightly chuckled. He felt like it was some work of a Legendary Pokemon, but he kept the hunch to himself. 

His last words brought smiles on their faces. 

"Lance has already taken the charge of the investigation. The Ace Squad are on it. Hopefully, we will get some results in near future." Edric confidently spoke. "Now tell us about your plans. Where are you headed next?" 

"Rock Tunnels!" Anira answered on his behalf. "There's a Fighting-Type Gym in the Aero Town." 

"Good choice. The Aero Gym was only established two years ago, but the Leader managed to get it Licensed and its Official now. The Town is a nice place and is a resting spot for all Trainers that visit the Rock Tunnels to explore and to capture some Rock-Type Pokemon." He smiled at them and nodded. "You are ready to take on that Gym, but do make some preparations. It won't be difficult for you, but make sure you go in with a plan." 

"We will!" Leaf nodded to his words with a smile. 

"And your next destination would be Lavender Town and Lavender Gym?" 

"Yes. We will be exploring Route 9, 10, and then take Route 8 for Saffron City." Aizen nodded to him and replied. 

"When do you plan on leaving?" Lily asked. 

"Tomorrow morning." 

"Can't you stay for four more days?" Violet asked. "We have a show, and we will also be listing up the new Pokemon Eggs for sale." 

Her words brightened Leaf's eyes, and Aizen did not miss it. 

"I am sorry but we have to leave. There's some work that I need to attend to as well." He apologetically said. 

Leaf's mood deflated at his words but she did not say anything. 

"Which Pokemon Eggs will be listed for sale?" Anira was curious. 

"There are three Eggs of Staryu, four of Psyduck, and 6 of Poliwag." Daisy informed them. "They will be listed for Sale in 4 days, and all of them will hatch within 30 to 45 days. Anyone who buys the Egg will be given their respective Pokemon after they have hatched and stayed in the Farm for at least three weeks. Staryu are the exception. You can take them away as soon as you buy the Egg." 

"You won't be able to see the others hatch?" Leaf frowned. 

"Well, the owners will be informed when the Eggs are about to Hatch. They can choose to come here, or watch it live on a call." Daisy replied with a smile. "We need to keep them at the farm so that the parents can see their Eggs hatch and take care of them for a while." 

"You want one?" Violet smiled at her and asked. 

Leaf was caught off guard by her question and timidly looked at Aizen, which made him chuckle. 

"If you want one, just say it." He encouraged her to voice her wish. 

"I want a Staryu..." She meekly said as her cheeks reddened. 

"Can you buy it for me when the Eggs are listed? I will be paying you upfront." Aizen looked at Daisy and asked. 

"You don't have to pay." She shook her head. "And I can give the Staryu Egg to you right away." Her bright smile was heart-warming.

"Business is business, Miss Daisy." He smiled at her. "And it is not like I can not afford it." He took out his Pokedex and gestured her to do the same. 

"But..."

"Daisy." Edric cut her off. "He's right. Business is business. If we gift him the Egg that is supposed to be sold, he will feel obliged to return the favor. Would you feel good about it?" He sternly looked at his eldest. 

"I understand, Father." She lowered her head and nodded before taking out her Pokedex. "Staryu Eggs are the second most expensive Eggs on our Breeding Farm. The next batch is going to be listed at 80,000 Dollars each." 

Aizen nodded to her and set up the money transfer to Daisy's account.

Her heart still felt uncomfortable about it, but she understood that her father was right. 

"Come, I will give you your Staryu Egg." She accepted the amount and then smiled at Leaf before getting up. 

"Yay!" Anira happily clapped and grabbed Leaf's hand as the two girls excitedly followed Daisy out of the restaurant. 

Misty and Lily followed after them as well, leaving only Edric, Violet, and Aizen on the table. 

"I received a call last night." Edric smiled at the Orayen Prince. "Joseph Stone is in Kanto, and it appears that the League Officials and him are working on some cooperation between the two Regions." 

"I know about it." Aizen knew what Edric was trying to determine, and he admitted. "There's something happening in the Region that needed the Order's intervention." 

"Something related to what happened in the Cerulean Caves?" Violet asked. 

"I don't know." Aizen shook his head. "It may and may not be related, but I had no information of this incident before you informed me." 

"Do I need to prepare?" Edric thoughtfully asked. 

"I don't think Guardians of Cities and Towns will be involved in this matter. We are keeping it undercover. Even Ace Squad may not be involved directly." Aizen shook his head. "And don't worry about Misty. I will make sure no harm comes to the girls." 

"Do you have to get involved?" The second eldest Waterflower worriedly asked.

"Unfortunately, yes." He smiled at her. "I promise that Misty will be fine."

She nodded to him, but her face was still marred in a frown. 

"Do take care of yourself." 

Aizen smiled and nodded to Edric's words.

The three of them sat there for a while, sipping on wine and talking about different subjects. 

"So Ash managed to win the Badge against Lily." Aizen chuckled. 

"His Pikachu is a stubborn Pokemon." Violet giggled and informed him how the battle progressed. "It was his lucky day, but a win is a win." She sighed. "Hopefully, the kid won't pick up the habit of his travelling companion." 

"Why? What happened?" Aizen curiously asked. 

Violet went on and explained to him who Brock was and what his character was like. Needless to say, the three of them laughed at the poor Hopeless-Romantic who tried his best to woo the Waterflower sisters as soon as he saw them.

18