Kanto: Chapter 42
317 1 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"I want to come with you!" Ash declared stubbornly. 

"Ash, calm down. We will bring you your Pokemon safe and sound." Misty tried to reason with him. 

"Why are you going? They did not even take your Pokemon. Let me go in your place." He refused to listen to her. 

After Aizen informed them that his Pokemon found Team Rocket's location, Officer Jenny proposed the plan that they make a team of five to confront Team Rocket since they were resting deep in the Mountain Range over the Rock Tunnels. 

The place was not safe and was littered with strong Rock-Type Pokemon. Trainers were forbidden from travelling deep into the Mountain Range and were advised to stick to the officially marked Tunnels and the outer Valleys. 

"Ash..." Misty clenched her fist and wanted to say something harsh, but Aizen stopped her. 

"We need her Water Pokemon in that place. No one knows how things will turn out there. Pokemon that are marked as S-Class Risk roam freely in those Valleys." He informed the boy. "Stay here. Brock is coming with us and he will make sure no harm comes to your Pokemon." He said and glanced at the older boy. 

"Stay here." Brock asserted Aizen's words. "I will bring you your Pokemon." 

Ash seemed ready to argue, but a stern glare from Officer Jenny stopped him. 

"You are wasting our valuable time here." She did not hold back. "If you continue to do so, I will have you taken under custody for interfering and jeopardising an official investigation." 

Aizen sighed at what she said, and looked at the members of his team. Officer Jenny was leading their team, and they had him, Misty, Brock, and a blond-haired Trainer called Ken on it. The Gym Leader of Aero Town was their backup and rescue in case things went wrong. He was going to stay in the air on his Pidgeot and had already departed to the coordinates Aizen provided him. 

"Ready?" 

"Yes." All of them nodded to him.

"Dexter." 

The Psychic-Tank's eyes flashed in a bright Violet light before all of them disappeared from the lounge of the Pokemon Center with a pop. 

They arrived in a rocky valley that had red-rock mountains on two sides and large boulders littered everywhere. 

The Meowth Balloon was right in front of them, well, only the Basket was, and the Team Rocket trio was huddled near a corner panting heavily. Their clothes were torn in places and they were covered in bruises and cuts.

The Pokemon they had captured from the Pokemon Center were in cages, sleeping, but surprisingly, Ash's Pikachu was awake and right beside the Meowth. It did not seem to be confronting them, and looked just as haggard as them. 

"What's going on here?" Misty frowned and asked.

Pikachu seemed to have picked up on her voice and turned to look at her, before its eyes shined in what they all believed was hope. 

"Pika pi..." He called out to them and created different signs before placing his hand on its mouth, asking them to keep it quiet.

Team Rocket seemed shocked at their presence, and then unmistakable tears of joy started pouring out of their eyes. 

Nothing was making sense to the five of them.

"You three..." Officer Jenny called out before the trio jumped at her with Meowth covering her mouth with its hand. 

"Keep quiet..." Meowth whispered.

Misty had already told him about the talking Meowth, but hearing it talk in person surprised Aizen nonetheless. He curiously looked at the little Pokemon before deciding to scan the area with his Psychic Powers. 

While he was busy doing that, the Team Rocket duo started explaining everything in whispers after Brock asked what happened. 

It turned out that they ran out of fuel while crossing this part of the Mountain Range. They decided to descend to this part of the valley, which was relatively safe, to refuel, but Pikachu regained consciousness and managed to break out of its cage.

Their confrontation accidently messed up the burner of the Balloon. And some of the other Pokemon that woke up due to the commotion, decided to make a break for it and fell out of the descening Balloon.

The loud crash of the caged Pokemon attracted the attention of not just the Golem Colony, but also the stone serpents who ruled over this Valley. They came out of their caves and engaged in a battle amongst themselves over the prey that dropped from the sky. Their battle was devastating, and all the Golem, Graveler, and Geodude hurriedly walked out of the Valley, but they were still around somewhere. 

The Giant Onix that won the battle took three Pokemon with it inside its cave. and the other two Onix took away one each. Luckily, Jessie and James had managed to steer the Balloon behind the hill, keeping them away from the eyes of the Onix. They put the other waking Pokemon to sleep before they could give out their location, and immediately folded away the Meowth Balloon. 

Pikachu then tried to convince them to retrieve the Pokemon, and they decided to risk it in hope of catching the Onix. However, they failed miserably and got beat up before making a run for their lives. And now they were stuck here since their Balloon could not fly with a malfunctioning burner.

"We are sorry..." Jessie and James dropped on their knees and asked for mercy. 

"Now's not the time for this." Aizen sighed at what he discovered. "We need to retrieve the Pokemon before they become food for those Stone Serpents. Luckily, they are still alive but are gravely injured from the fall. But first, let's take care of the Pokemon we have here." 

As soon as the Team Rocket duo heard his words, their faces paled and then crawled away from them. 

"We are not going there again..." Their bodies trembled in fear that was carved in their minds. 

"You don't have to." He smiled at them. "And you can talk normally. They won't be able to hear us." 

Everyone immediately got to work and secured the Pokeballs and the Pokemon in the cages. 

Metagross then made a trip back to the Pokemon Center, and returned after dropping all the Pokeballs and Pokemon there. They sent Pikachu back as well, even though it was stubborn on helping them. 

"You two are under arrest for theft of Pokemon. And will be sent to the Police Station." Officer Jenny took out handcuffs and approached them. 

Hearing her words, the duo of Team Rocket seemed elated and immediately stood up before giving her a salute.

"Yes, please! Send us to the Police Station." They presented their hands to Officer Jenny who quickly handcuffed them and took away the Pokeballs on their belts.

Aizen smiled inwardly as he saw past the facade of the duo and their Meowth. He felt that they already had a plan to escape from the custody, but he did not say anything and asked Metagroos to teleport Jessie, James, and Mewoth, to the Pokemon Center where the constables were stationed. 

After hearing the feedback on her Radio Phone that the duo and their Meowth have been secured by the constables, Jenny gathered them to prepare a rescue plan for the Pokemon that were taken by the three Onix in this Valley.

"We have to lure the Onix out of the caves before confrotning them." Aizen said. "I would advise against engaging them inside the Caves. We don't want to be buried alive under the rocks." He grimly spoke. 

Everyone nodded to his words.

"It is possible that if we engage one of them, the other two might join in since we are trespassing in their Valley. We need to make sure we are ready for them." Brock said. "Three Onix shouldn't be a lot of trouble for us. We can divide our Team and confront all three at the same time away from each other. But we must hurry before the Golem Colony returns here." 

"They are not simple Onix." Aizen shook his head. "Well, the two are only fully-grown, but the third one is not the same. It is twice the size of a fully grown Onix. And none of those three are pushovers since they have lived for over two centuries. They won't be easy to handle." 

"Alpha?" Misty surprisedly asked. 

"Yes." Aizen nodded to her. 

"What are you talking about?" Ken was curious. 

"How to you know about their sizes?" Brock asked. 

"I aksed my Mega Metagross to scan the area and got a rough estimate of their size after he conveyed the information telepathically." He did not want to reveal to them his Psychic Powers. "And about what Misty said. It's a new finding of Professor Bill. There exist some Pokemon that are twice the size of their species, and they have been named Alphas."

"Interetsing..." Brock seemed lost in some thoughts. 

"I will take care of one Onix." Misty smiled at him. "It would prove to be a valuable addition to my Team." 

"Stay safe." Aizen nodded. 

"Can I call dibs on the giant Onix?" Ken asked with a bright smile. 

"Well, we can battle it out of you want. I am interested in it too." The Orayen Prince smiled at the boy. 

Ken seemed tempted to agree to the proposition, but then he glanced at the Mega Metagross that was menacingly looking at him, and he felt some chills up his spine. 

"I will take the other onix." He said. 

"Thank you." Aizen nodded and looked at Brock. 

"I have a Steelix." The dark-haired boy said. "You guys can go ahead and take the Onix." 

"Alright then, I will go deal with the giant Onix while I have my Pokemon do the rescuing job." He informed them, and proposed a plan. "Officer Jenny will accompany Misty, and Brock will go with Ken. Lure out the Onix, one deals with it while the other rescues the Pokemon. Okay?" 

"Let's do it." Offier Jenny readily complied. 

Aizen showed them the locations of the caves on the holographic map, and the teams left for their assigned targets.

16