Kanto: Chapter 45
272 1 11
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"This an Official Gym Match between the Challenger, Aizen Orayen, representing Blanc Island, and the Aero Town Gym Leader, Glenn Johnson." The referee called out after setting up the match on the Pokedex. "This will be a 2v2 Match with standard rules. The only exception is the substitution rule for the Gym Leader, where he is not allowed to switch his Pokemon. Do you have any questions?" He asked Aizen. 

"No." 

"Gym Leader, please select your first Pokemon." 

"Go, Machoke!" Glenn called out as he threw the Pokeball in the air. 

"Machoke!" The muscular humanoid Pokemon bravely called out as soon as it appeared in the Arena. 

"Looks like it's fated." He smiled. "Go, Machop!" 

"Machoke vs Machop!" The Ref raised his hand. "Let the battle begin!" 

"Bulk Up!" 

"Bulk Up." 

Both Glenn and Aizen commanded their Pokemon to do the same. And then the two Pokemon approached each other before starting to wrestle. 

"Low Sweep." 

"Jump, and Karate Chop!" Aizen called out. 

"Take it head on and Vital Throw!

"Low Sweep!" Aizen immediately commanded. 

The speed of Machop managed to surprise Machoke who lost its balance. 

"Seismic Toss!" Aizen smiled when the move was successfully executed. "Keep at it." 

"Don't let it!" Glenn smiled. "Overpower it and then take it into Submission!" 

The reckless attack did some considerable damage to Machop, who groaned painfully, but managed to get back on its feet. 

"Seismic Toss!" Glenn commanded. 

"Grab his hand and then Counter with Dynamic Punch!" 

The thud that emanated from the punch landing squarely surprised everyone. 

"Good Job." Glenn smiled as his Pokemon had successfully used protect to negate the attack. "Seismic Toss!" 

Aizen clenched his fist when Machop was ruthlessly tossed away. It crashed heavily into the ground and its entire body was trembling in pain. 

"Finish him off with Cross Chop!" 

"Protect, and Vital Throw." 

Aizen heaved a sigh of relief when Machop managed to do as commanded and succeeded. 

"Good Job! As soon as it gets up, Submission!"

Machop ruthlessly smashed Machoke back in the ground, but suffered some damage as well. 

"Choke his neck and then Seismic Toss!" 

Machoke somehow managed to forget its pain and locked its arm around Machop's neck. The smaller Pokemon groaned in pain before it was mercilessly Tossed away, crashing into the ground again. 

Machop was panting heavily at it lied there on the ground, but it refused to give in to the exhaustion. 

"You can do it, Chopper." Aizen smiled when he saw how stubborn Machop was. And he knew exactly what was about to happen. "Have faith in yourself and stand up." 

The Fighting Pokemon listened to the words of its Trainer, and its mind regained clarity. The dizziness dissipated and Machop slowly managed to stand up on its feet. 

"That's nice, but Machoke, show him that you are stronger. Dynamic Punch!"

Machop had nowhere to run, and no chance to dodge. 

"Protect!" 

The voice of Aizen echoed in its mind before the move was subconsciously executed. 

A dull thump resounded in the Arena as Machop successfully managed to used Protect in time and negated the attack. 

"Cross Chop!" Glenn commanded. 

Machoke was about to perform the move when Chopper suddenly stared glowing brightly. 

"Finally..." Aizen took in a deep breath and smiled heartily. He took a risk, and it paid off. 

"Machoke!" The newly evolved Chopper proudly announced before it lunged at Machoke, and enageged it in Close Combat which it learned upon its evolution. 

Though the execution of punches and kicks were not perfect, Chopper did not show any mercy and returned the favor of what he had previously suffered at Machoke's hand. 

"Low Sweep!" Aizen commanded as he felt Glenn's Machoke getting ready to counter. He did not want to give it any chance.

The move put the surprised Machoke sprawled on the ground and left it defenseless. 

"Seismic Toss!" Aizen called out. 

"Grab its hands!" Glenn commanded. "Resist." 

Machoke managed to grab Chopper's hands, but the power it had used to Toss it was too great, and Machoke lost its grip before crashing into the ground and fainting. 

"Gym Leader's Machoke is unable to battle. Aizen and his Machoke win the Round!" Referee announced. 

"Well done!" Aizen praised his Pokemon. 

"Machoke!" Chopper flexed its muscles proudly. 

"Go, Primeape!" Glenn called out his next Pokemon. 

"Primeape vs Machoke." The referee registered the details in the Pokedex and raised his hand. "Let the battle begin!" 

"Show Machoke your Closs Combat skills!" Glenn commanded. 

The Fighting monkey was way faster than Machoke, and it left the humanoid Pokemon at its mercy. Even after using protect, it suffered considerable damage that left it aching all over its body. 

"Counter." Aizen commanded. "Seismic Toss." 

"Don't let it grab you, Low Kick!" 

Primeape attacked the legs of Machoke as it approached and managed to make it stumble before unleashing more of its Close Combat skills. 

"Pull through and Submission!" Aizen clenched his fist and commanded.

"Machoke!" Chopper ignored the heavy blows it was receiving and ruthlessly took Primeape down to the ground with him, and in the process, hurt himself as well.

"Seismic Toss!" 

This time, Chopper managed to grab the rattled monkey and tossed it ruthlessly to the ground. 

The monkey Pokemon groaned in pain but managed to get back on its feat and looked ready to go for another round. 

"Double-Team!" Glenn called out. "Now, Focus Energy." 

"You too!" Aizen did not take the bait and had his Pokemon take advantage of the moment and Focus its own energy.

It took a few seconds before the after-images fainted on their own. Both the Pokemon successfully managed to focus their energy. 

"Machoke!"

"Primeape!" 

"Focus Punch!" Glenn called out. 

"Close Combat!" Aizen immediately commanded. He knew that he had to do something. Protect wouldn't work now against Focus Punch, and Chopper was already tired and injured. 

The humanoid Pokemon managed to land its powerful blows first which were all critical hits. It did considerable damage to the monkey Pokemon, but the little fellow managed to hold on, and replied with a powerful Focus Punch. 

Aizen's heart skipped a beat when the Punch connected with Chopper. He had no doubt that his Pokemon had lost consciousness even before the announcement was made. 

"Machoke is unable to battle. Primeape Wins! Second round belongs to the Gym Leader!" 

"Return!" He smiled and stored away the Pokeball. "You did your job, and now it's Archie's turn. Go!" He called out as he threw the Pokeball in the air. 

"Woof!" 

Growlithe excitedly called out and then seriously looked at the Primeape that was panting for breath and looked miserable. 

"Chopper has done most of the work, Archie. It is now up to you to finish things up." 

"Woof!" It confidently replied before it growled at Primeape. 

"Primeape vs Growlithe." The Ref called out. "Final round, Fight!" 

"Agility!" Aizen immediately called out. "Flamewheel!" 

"Double-Team!" Glenn ordered. "Reply with Close Combat!" 

The speed advantage of the monkey saved it, and it lunged at Growlithe that had failed to land the Flame Wheel.

"Don't let it come close. Flamethrower!" 

"Groooo!" 

A strong torrent of Fire shot out of the orange puppy's mouth and hit the moneky squarely when it was about to deliver a punch. 

The fire scorched Primeape, and when the fire subsided, the monkey was on its knees, barely holding on. 

"Flame Wheel" 

"Woof!" 

Archie wrapped itself in flames and then shot at Primeape rolling really fast. 

"Thrash!" Glenn gave the command and the monkey lost its mind to its rage. 

It took the Flamewheel head on and then went on to crazily attack Growlithe. 

"Throw him off yourself with a Flamethrower!" Aizen called out. 

Growlithe only managed to get ready for the attack when Primeape stopped its craziness, and right when it was about to shoot Flame at it, the monkey dropped down and fainted because of all the exhaustion. 

"Primeape is unable to battle. Growlithe wins! The Winner of the Match is the Challenger, Aizen Orayen!" The Referee announced. 

"Woof!" Growlithe shot the Flamethrower in the air in celebration before happily running over to Aizen and circling around him. 

"Good Job!" He crouched down and lovingly caressed the back of its ears, making it growl to the comforting feeling. 

"It was a nice match." Glenn approached them and drew his hand forward to present the Might Badge. "Here, you have earned it." 

"Thank you." Aizen accepted the Badge with a smile. "And Thank you for helping Machoke evolve." 

"No worries." Glenn waved it off and walked away to take a well deserved break before facing some more challenges in the next hour. 

"Congratulations!" Anira was the first to run up to him and hugged him tightly. 

"Thank you, Princess!"

Misty and Leaf congratulated him as well, and then Ash and Pikachu approached him. 

"Man, I can't wait to fight you in the evening! That was a fun battle." Ash commented with a bright smile. 

"Pika pi!" The yellow mouse seemed just as exited as its Trainer.

"Thank you." Aizem politely replied. "Let's head to the Pokemon Center and have our Pokemon treated. I need some sleep as well." He smiled at the girls. 

"Let's go!" Anira pulled him by the hand and led him away, with the others following them.

11